JUSTICE DEPARTMENT DEMANDS FIVE TWITTER USERS’ PERSONAL INFO OVER AN EMOJI

crua9

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/justice-department-demands-five-twitter-users-personal-info-over-an-emoji

I figured this would be a funny but sad thing to put on the WAN show. The USA DOJ is trying to get the following twitters personal info for sending a :) emoji 

@Popehat, @PogoWasRight, @dawg8u, @abtnatural, and @associatesmind

Basically, someone at the FBI got mad because someone said they were the “least busy F.B.I. agent of all time.” The FBI is basically saying the people that sent the :)  was apart of some cyberstalking.

It's obviously some SJW FBI agent that is mad that someone hurt their feelings. Actually thinking when people point out your flaws or says you're lazy is going against their safe space. I remember a while back some people coming out of the FBI were joking about those going in it need a safety blanket. Maybe that was more than just a joke.

Well, this is stupid. :)

EDIT: Oh shit, the FBI is here.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

What would be really great is if all the personal info was completely bogus.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Please don't sue me

Here in Brazil one of the supreme court judges sued and won against a reporter after she said on twitter not to know what to expect from the supreme court any more after he forgave a 273 years of jail conviction of a medic for 20 rapes.

Strange times we live on.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Please don't sue me

Now I know what to do with all the extra emoji lying around that I don't use....  Send them to the FBI and DOJ.   LOL...

o.O:)O.o9_9B|:P:o:ph34r:

1 hour ago, crua9 said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017/10/justice-department-demands-five-twitter-users-personal-info-over-an-emoji

I figured this would be a funny but sad thing to put on the WAN show. The USA DOJ is trying to get the following twitters personal info for sending a :) emoji 

@Popehat, @PogoWasRight, @dawg8u, @abtnatural, and @associatesmind

Basically, someone at the FBI got mad because someone said they were the “least busy F.B.I. agent of all time.” The FBI is basically saying the people that sent the :)  was apart of some cyberstalking.

It's obviously some SJW FBI agent that is mad that someone hurt their feelings. Actually thinking when people point out your flaws or says you're lazy is going against their safe space. I remember a while back some people coming out of the FBI were joking about those going in it need a safety blanket. Maybe that was more than just a joke.

This all seems a bit silly.

In an off-topic point related to the article, I always did detest the way some newspapers and online news sources make the first letter of an article huge and fit the rest of the paragraph around it, along with the font, my dyslexia makes the article hard to read.

So, if I read this correctly, this started because some security researcher accessed an open FTP server and notified the owner (a dentist?) that customer information was at risk, but the dentist reported him and then the FBI raided the researcher's house, taking all electronic devices, and the guy had a grudge against the FBI agent who conducted the raid?

What a way to fight terrorism.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Just now, Suika said:

So, if I read this correctly, this started because some security researcher accessed an open FTP server and notified the owner (a dentist?) that customer information was at risk, but the dentist reported him and then the FBI raided the researcher's house, taking all electronic devices, and the guy had a grudge against the FBI agent who conducted the raid?

What a way to fight terrorism.

Pfft, that's ridiculous. And it's also not illegal if he reported it after finding the bug.

Just now, Sylvie said:

Pfft, that's ridiculous. And it's also not illegal if he reported it after finding the bug.

My understanding is that it's especially not illegal if the FTP server didn't even mention "access is restricted pls don't."

6 minutes ago, Suika said:

My understanding is that it's especially not illegal if the FTP server didn't even mention "access is restricted pls don't."

I would've thought a bit of probing, whilst technically illegal would be forgiven by any moderate person if they're not retarded and take security seriously.

Off topic: your signature triggers me pls stahp

3 minutes ago, Sylvie said:

I would've thought a bit of probing, whilst technically illegal would be forgiven by any moderate person if they're not retarded and take security seriously.

Off topic: your signature triggers me pls stahp

If it says access is restricted, technically, you're supposed to stop there. It's a bit annoying if your intent is to do good. 

How's my signature triggering?

Just now, Suika said:

If it says access is restricted, technically, you're supposed to stop there. It's a bit annoying if your intent is to do good. 

How's my signature triggering?

TECHNICALLY, yes, but that seems a bit silly if you just want to help someone.

You know exactly how, don't you feign innocence with me >:c

Just now, Sylvie said:

TECHNICALLY, yes, but that seems a bit silly if you just want to help someone.

You know exactly how, don't you feign innocence with me >:c

I mean, the law is the law.

And what? That PUBG is that poorly optimized?

4 minutes ago, Suika said:

I mean, the law is the law.

And what? That PUBG is that poorly optimized?

Oh is that the reason? lol

I was assuming you were just running it on medium as a joke.

Just now, Sylvie said:

I was assuming you were just running it on medium as a joke.

I do play at 1440p so that doesn't help.

3 minutes ago, Suika said:

I do play at 1440p so that doesn't help.

Me too. Although I don't want to derail the topic too far, so I'll refrain from posting more about it.