Amazon wants to go one step futher than delivering to your door, quite literally

Could be useful for busy people. I just hope they have delivery man with special training and not one of those assholes that throws around fragile packages.

8 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

5 years from now if I order a butt plug will amazon insert it for me for free? Or is that an extra charge for installation? 

I coul- "expert installation" 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

In stead of this ridiculously stupid idea. Why not have a big box that can be used anywhere, it'll have a pin and card reader (once the pin has been used, a new one will generate within 5 minutes and the card will be issued once and will not work again)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

4 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

In stead of this ridiculously stupid idea. Why not have a big box that can be used anywhere, it'll have a pin and card reader (once the pin has been used, a new one will generate within 5 minutes and the card will be issues once and will not work again)

There are things like HOAs, space issues in apartments, etc and a big box is a target unless its like drilled into the porch or something.  Personally..I will just continue using Amazon@University program pickup if it really cannot be left at the door. Its a fine idea for potentially high theft areas but most people who would be buying this in first place probably are in places that are 100% fine to have something sitting on porch...heck ive had returns and expensive things sitting outside the house for days waiting for ups to grab them and nothing has ever happened (not best area either)

So, a lot of people are concerned with how the delivery person would have easy access to your house. I get that, but would penalizing the person if they’re inside longer than 10 seconds maybe to drop off the package be a good solution? I’m interested in hearing the WAN Show topic about this. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

13 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

So, a lot of people are concerned with how the delivery person would have easy access to your house. I get that, but would penalizing the person if they’re inside longer than 10 seconds maybe to drop off the package be a good solution? I’m interested in hearing the WAN Show topic about this. 

How could you know if the person was in there longer than 10 seconds, though? The delivery tracking is managed by Amazon, who would be the company that sent the delivery person and who also run the tracking tool. And so, if ever Amazon was working with US investigation or intelligence agencies (and they already are), then they could just spoof the record, and the home owner wouldn't know.

That's the biggest threat, IMO.

Remember, CIA, NSA, FBI have hacked entire brands of routers, implanted monitoring devices on server hardware, used Best Buy's Geek Squad as an illegal spy service to snoop on people's PCs, used the NSA to conduct warrantless surveillance on US citizens, and much more. Any opening that the CIA and other US intel agencies have, they take and exploit to the fullest extent, without exception.

Such a delivery service from Amazon, who are the CIA's largest business partner, and whose CEO, Jeff Bezos in bed with the CIA, would give free access for the CIA to potentially millions of peoples' houses.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

10 hours ago, IamODIN said:

I'm going to be real here. i know amazon intentions are pure BUT their workers intentions won't be (in the event that they don't get paid on time)

I sincerely doubt their intentions here are pure.

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

13 minutes ago, Natsoup said:

I sincerely doubt their intentions here are pure.

i don't think amazon wants to spy or rob anyone. unless they're told to spy on us by the government 

57 minutes ago, IamODIN said:

i don't think amazon wants to spy or rob anyone. unless they're told to spy on us by the government 

If Amazon doesn't want to spy, then why have they entered into a partnership with the CIA, to create and manage data systems for the CIA?

Obviously, for money - but also obviously because Jeff Bezos loves the CIA, since he praises their partnership and says he wants to further deepen their relationship. And there's lots of useful data going through Amazon and Washington Post.

Like I said before, letting Amazon into your house is like letting the CIA into your house. And look at the FBI and Best Buy's cooperation together for a sample of what's likely to happen with this Amazon service, if it comes to fruition.

http://www.accuracy.org/release/cia-cloud-over-jeff-bezoss-washington-post/

http://www.worldtribune.com/bezos-internet-cloud-deal-with-the-cia-worth-twice-what-he-paid-for-the-washington-post/

Heck, US intel and policing agencies would partner with delivery people to abuse the access, if not directly with Amazon - though, I think Amazon would be willing to partner directly with them.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

16 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

If Amazon doesn't want to spy, then why have they entered into a partnership with the CIA, to create and manage data systems for the CIA?

Obviously, for money - but also obviously because Jeff Bezos loves the CIA, since he praises their partnership and says he wants to further deepen their relationship. And there's lots of useful data going through Amazon and Washington Post.

Like I said before, letting Amazon into your house is like letting the CIA into your house. And look the FBI and Best Buy's cooperation together for a sample of what's likely to happen with this Amazon service, if it comes to fruition.

http://www.accuracy.org/release/cia-cloud-over-jeff-bezoss-washington-post/

http://www.worldtribune.com/bezos-internet-cloud-deal-with-the-cia-worth-twice-what-he-paid-for-the-washington-post/

Heck, US intel and policing agencies would partner with delivery people to abuse the access, if not directly with Amazon - though, I think Amazon would be willing to partner directly with them.

sorry i know nothing about that..if thats true then i wouldnt let them get into my house either.

but on the good side. it can help with security in the event that someone came into your house to rob you and amazon cams got a recording and live feed of it and send help to your house immediately without you having to call when its too late. 

it can be helpful but it also deny any privacy you may have.

but its up to you to choose what you want .. privacy (doing stuff you want no one to know about) or some security (in the event that your life is at risk) 

13 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I was actually thinking about that while I was making this topic. Then my friend walked over and gave this seemingly silly, but, brilliant idea. Have a second door. Delivery man has access to the first door, but not the second which actually leads into your home. Sort of like the gates you see in Hong Kong apartments. 

Well, that's sort of the same thing, but having two doors would mean you'd have to unlock two doors to enter.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My UPS guy already leaves packages in my garage so I'm pretty set. 

In other "news"...

https://www.theonion.com/popular-new-amazon-service-just-comes-to-your-house-and-1819917496

Amazon announced a new service Friday that comes to your house and kills you. “Amazon has always offered unparalleled customer service and convenience, and Amazon Slay is part of that philosophy,” said company spokesperson Leslie Rivera, adding that the service, which allows customers to choose between being shot, strangled, or beaten to death with one of several available blunt objects, was currently only available to Amazon Prime customers but would be expanding in coming months to satisfy the unprecedented demand.

I would rather a big outdoor postbox that they can have access to. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series?