Best Custom Rom for Redmi Note 4 Snapdragon?

adham.

So i got this phone for a pretty cheap price here in Egypt and it's actually really good... Which is of course the Redmi note 4 as the title says.

I've the Global Edition which has a Snapdragon CPU and 3 gigs of ram with 32 gigs of storage.
Now the phone it self is a dream with an amazing build quality and so on but....
MiUi is imo really bad. (I have the latest global stable)
Ram management is like wow that's bad with like 600-700 mbs out of the 3gigs free and keep in mind that i close every program when i exit it.
And over all the whole rom is laggy and not nice to look at it at all. Again IMO.

So this is the first time i'm actually doing this whole custom rom thing and would like to know which is which and what do you guys use if you even have the phone i hear it's a pain in everything to import Xiaomi phones in US.

Would love to know what do you guys think.. Keep in mind this is my first time and i'm pretty noob about this stuff and would love if someone left me a guide that i can follow and learn from.

Thanks in advance :)

1 minute ago, rip said:

Lineage

Did you actually use it ? and how close is it to stock android? in term of looks at least?

4 minutes ago, adham. said:

Did you actually use it ? and how close is it to stock android? in term of looks at least?

yes

close

rip

XDA-Develpers is the place to be.

The Redmi Note 4 is an extremely popular phone there, so there’s a ton of choice. Start off with LineageOS

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1