Would you rather build your own PC?

Fictionvl

Hello,

So I'm soon going to be building a whole new PC, a mid-high end one, using the latest and greatest from Intel and Nvidia, and I have built many systems before, but never built something to this caliber, most of my builds were of low-mid end range

I'm going to be buying all of these parts from a local store here in UAE and they offer free PC building, so I was wondering would I let them build it or should I take things to my own hands? since I'll be doing a whole set-up in my room. 

so what do you think? 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

If they build it and break something, they surely have to replace it. Might as well let them do it.

ALCATRAZ |   CPU: i9 9900k @ 5GHz, Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A, RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB, GPU: Gigabyte 1070Ti Case: Zalman MS800 Plus, Storage: Corsair 2TB NVME | Crucial M550 128GB SSD  |  WD 640GB HDD, PSU: XFX Pro Series 1050w, Display: ASUS MG279Q, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15

Just now, Subduck said:

If they build it a break something, they surely have to replace it. Might as well let them do it.

Yeah thats what I thought, since its a really expensive build, why risk it? 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

theres a certain...intangible satisfaction one has with him/herself when he/she builds their own pc

i think you should build it yourself - its not very difficult

if youre terrified of the building process and the store has a good reputation you can let them build it

Photography / Finance / Gaming

I really enjoy PC building but can't deny free stuff! :)

I edit my posts a lot.

The only reason I would pay to have a system built is because of time constraints. I paid a $100 for my first build to be assymbled simply because my shift at work was understaffed and I was pulling 14-16 hour days which leaved little room for system building.

Besides that scenario go ahead and build it yourself.

Edit: The point about liability would be another thing that might be drive me to pay for a build but double check the paperwork to be sure you are covered.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

3 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

Hello,

So I'm soon going to be building a whole new PC, a mid-high end one, using the latest and greatest from Intel and Nvidia, and I have built many systems before, but never built something to this caliber, most of my builds were of low-mid end range

I'm going to be buying all of these parts from a local store here in UAE and they offer free PC building, so I was wondering would I let them build it or should I take things to my own hands? since I'll be doing a whole set-up in my room. 

so what do you think? 

Get a tutorial ready if you are going to do it. it is very difficult even if you think you know a lot about PC's. every build, you will learn something new. 

If they do it, will they do :

1. Cable mgmt
  2. an actually good job

No real setbacks unless they don't do cable management. 

I would do it myself, but that's just me...

8 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

Hello,

so what do you think? 

If its gonna cost extra there is no point, you've built all your systems in the past and nothing went wrong the only thing that has changed now is the parts are more expensive.

My favorite restaurant is hooters

9 minutes ago, mok said:

theres a certain...intangible satisfaction one has with him/herself when he/she builds their own pc

That moment where after spending four hours building, disassembling, re building, re disassembling and re-rebuilding because you installed your cooler wrong, didnt seat the GPU right and forgot to plug the RAM slots in the correct dimm slots, and you boot it up for the first (seventh) time, and it actually works, its indescribable. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

It's free, might as well let them do it. Then you don't have to worry about DOA parts.

If you want to do it yourself it's stupid easy.

5 minutes ago, RonaldMcDank120 said:

If its gonna cost extra there is no point, you've built all your systems in the past and nothing went wrong the only thing that has changed now is the parts are more expensive.

It clearly states it's free...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

25 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

Hello,

so what do you think? 

Building your PC allows you to get to know what you are really going to be using. And in any case you want to part swap, you will know how to :) ^ and its free, so why not

I'd built it myself, reguardless of the price, the exception being a custom watercooling loop.

It's fun, and you know better where everything in your build is, what every wire looks like, where every header is. Makes it easier to troubleshoot in the future.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

28 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

Hello,

so what do you think? 

depends how confident you are.

personally, i'd rather build it cause i find it fun :D

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I would WANT to build it myself, but if you're not very confident there's nothing wrong with letting them do it if they don't charge much.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I live in the UAE too, I personally sourced my parts abroad because prices in the UAE are too damn high and I can’t find specific parts.

I have cousins that had their PCs built in the UAE, it really depends where you go but after inspecting their PCs, I wasn’t too impressed by cable management and parts selection. For example one of them had an unlocked CPU but on a non overclocking motherboard.

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) || Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x299 Gaming 9 || CPU: Intel i7-7820x (38% OC- 5.00 GHz) || RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB @ 3466 MHz (x4)- DDR4  || GPU: MSI  Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning X || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 500GB || OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro || Chassis: Thermaltake The Tower 900 || Cooling Solution: Custom open loop water cooling system with a 560mm radiator and a CPU water water-block || Display: ROG Swift PG279Q || Pointing Device: Razer Mamba (2016) || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 || Headset: Astro A50 Wireless ||

Building is half the fun to me.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

18 minutes ago, Morgoth97 said:

I live in the UAE too, I personally sourced my parts abroad because prices in the UAE are too damn high and I can’t find specific parts.

I have cousins that had their PCs built in the UAE, it really depends where you go but after inspecting their PCs, I wasn’t too impressed by cable management and parts selection. For example one of them had an unlocked CPU but on a non overclocking motherboard.

How much of a price difference was it? I'm planning to buy from Microlass (dtcae before)

21 minutes ago, Fictionvl said:

How much of a price difference was it? I'm planning to buy from Microlass (dtcae before)

About 2000 AED, but the system costed 15000 AED overall so you need to take that to account. 

Also, I’d probably not have saved anything if the UAE customs did their job properly because they didn’t Tax a lot of my parts expensive parts such as the CPU simply because it didn’t look like it was expensive; it came in an OEM package.

Microless don’t have bad prices but their website doesn’t accurately show you which parts are in stock and out of stock so I would give them a ring before ordering.

I ordered a Chassis and haven’t received it in a month despite their “one day shipping” so I gave them a call and turns out the part was out of stock despite the website saying it was in stock.

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13" (Early 2015) || Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus x299 Gaming 9 || CPU: Intel i7-7820x (38% OC- 5.00 GHz) || RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 8GB @ 3466 MHz (x4)- DDR4  || GPU: MSI  Geforce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning X || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 500GB || OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro || Chassis: Thermaltake The Tower 900 || Cooling Solution: Custom open loop water cooling system with a 560mm radiator and a CPU water water-block || Display: ROG Swift PG279Q || Pointing Device: Razer Mamba (2016) || Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 || Headset: Astro A50 Wireless ||

26 minutes ago, Morgoth97 said:

About 2000 AED, but the system costed 15000 AED overall so you need to take that to account. 

Also, I’d probably not have saved anything if the UAE customs did their job properly because they didn’t Tax a lot of my parts expensive parts such as the CPU simply because it didn’t look like it was expensive; it came in an OEM package.

Microless don’t have bad prices but their website doesn’t accurately show you which parts are in stock and out of stock so I would give them a ring before ordering.

I ordered a Chassis and haven’t received it in a month despite their “one day shipping” so I gave them a call and turns out the part was out of stock despite the website saying it was in stock.

I've ordered from them many times and i had no issues with them whats so ever. I'm planning on building a 10k AED PC, would you recommend ordering online or just building from microlass?