Is there any evedince of Ryzen improvment ?

adham.

So i'm thinking about going Ryzen and i know Ryzen was not so good at launch and after I.e stabilty problems and lower freamreates and such ....

Can any one tell me have Ryzen improved with BIOS updates and chipset updates or i shouldn't go red?

I'm a totall guy meaning that i will play/video edit and photo edit and multi task. And yes i do everything.
I'm a student so don't judge :P

Will Ryzen be worth it or should i stick with the more mature nature of Intel ?

Thanks in advance...

*Yes i know about coffe lake.*

1 minute ago, adham. said:

So i'm thinking about going Ryzen and i know Ryzen was not so good at launch and after I.e stabilty problems and lower freamreates and such ....

Can any one tell me have Ryzen improved with BIOS updates and chipset updates or i shouldn't go red?

I'm a totall guy meaning that i will play/video edit and photo edit and multi task. And yes i do everything.

Thanks in advance...

Yes there have been some improvements in the last 6months, there are still some motherboard manufacturers I would avoid (MSI in particular, and some people have had problems with Gigabyte but fewer). But in general for a mixed workload that includes content creation Ryzen is what I am recommending. 

If you have a budget I am sure some people on the forum would be happy to give suggestions/advice as to what to build.

For gaming and editing I would go with a ryzen 7 1700+ as it has 8 cores and quite some performance. I chose the 5 1600 for pure gaming but have it overclocked to 3.89GHz

My Box of Fµn:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

GPU - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce

RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

Case - Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass

PSU - BeQuiet 500W PurePower 10

Fans - BeQuiet PureWings 120mm x3; 140mm x2

Cooler - Corsair H100i v2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and THE POWER OF RGB

Ryzen has made leaps and bound since its launch. It no longer has as many issues with overclocking or issues with certain RAM speeds and as DX12 gains speed we will see better fps than intel.

6 minutes ago, adham. said:

Thanks in advance...

If you are running Virtual Machines and/or you intend on building a Hackintosh Intel is still the way to go.

I agree it has gotten much better but beware of the RAM you get.  Still a bit temperamental if you want to run past 2133.

1 minute ago, TheDocsWorld said:

I agree it has gotten much better but beware of the RAM you get.  Still a bit temperamental if you want to run past 2133.

I have my Corsair LPX 2133 running at 3200MHz with my ryzen, no problems. What could go wrong?

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

3 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

NICE SIGNATURE :P 

Its fine now..even 3000Mhz considered to be the sweetspot if u want to go above 2133 based from what i heard around the forums.

OP : its fine now with all the updates and shits..but yes intel is a bit better for gaming but Ryzen is more than capable for it..

I would say go for Ryzen since Z370 boards are a bit expensive.

Thanks! I had some problems getting it to the 3200MHz but it does it's job just fine^^

My Box of Fµn:

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

MoBo - MSI B350 PC Mate

and THE POWER OF RGB

There have been massive improvements. 

For one , you can actually buy it , vs coffeelake.

That aside , memory compatibility is fine now . At launch , you had to go with ryzen-certified ddr4 to even hope to get stock memory clocks.

I actually have a ddr4 2800kit that would go past 2133 on launch ( hynix ram ) . But now , i've actually got 4 sticks , from 2 different kits running at the same time , WHILE overclocked 3200mhz . 

The RAM clocks actually do matter a lot with ryzen , so performance in cpu bound workloads has improved quite a bit in some applications ., with ddr4 3200 frequeently providing over 10% performance boosts , with even highs to 40% extra perf in mafia 3 for example.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case