Looking for monitors for a triple screen setup

I might be looking into going the triple screen monitor route soon, and I am not too sure what to get. ( Just to put it out there i'm using a 1080Ti, so i'd like to use g-sync.)

• Higher than 1080p ( 1440p or 4K )
  • G-Sync / Higher Hz
  • Thin bezels for 3x monitors

It will be a nice upgrade from my current 1x 60Hz 1080p panel.

I have been looking at the Acer Predator XB271HU and the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, and they seem to be great options, however there expensive. ( especially for 3x )

"Those who are last are sideways and smiling". - Jeremy Clarkson

12 hours ago, NPSTR107 said:

I might be looking into going the triple screen monitor route soon, and I am not too sure what to get. ( Just to put it out there i'm using a 1080Ti, so i'd like to use g-sync.)

• Higher than 1080p ( 1440p or 4K )
  • G-Sync / Higher Hz
  • Thin bezels for 3x monitors

It will be a nice upgrade from my current 1x 60Hz 1080p panel.

I have been looking at the Acer Predator XB271HU and the ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, and they seem to be great options, however there expensive. ( especially for 3x )

Budget?

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

Budget?

I'd like to keep it under $1,750 aud

2 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Budget?

Just now, NPSTR107 said:

I'd like to keep it under $1,750 aud

I think that's around $1,300 US dollars.

There are only books on amazon.com.au , do you know of any site that sells monitors? Ill see newegg

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

https://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-0004-00551&cm_re=1440p_G_sync-_-0JC-0004-00551-_-Product

This is the only 1440p monitor setup (3 of these) that will fit in your budget (when we look at newegg),is 24 inch big/small enough?

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

There are only books on amazon.com.au , do you know of any site that sells monitors? Ill see newegg

Amazon in Australia is useless, PC Case Gear, Umart, and Mwave are probably the main ones. Annoyingly, all tech is more expensive in Australia, however it's still cheaper than buying from overseas.

7 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

https://www.newegg.com/global/au/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0JC-0004-00551&cm_re=1440p_G_sync-_-0JC-0004-00551-_-Product

This is the only 1440p monitor setup (3 of these) that will fit in your budget (when we look at newegg)

That looks good! The only thing is that it's 24" ;(

1 minute ago, NPSTR107 said:

There is a 27'' variant that's a tad more expensive

It's the only solution i can see in all four sites,only newegg is the one having 3 monitor 2560x1440 monitors that total less than 1750 AUD. Unless you're ready to spend around 2000$ its the only way.how big do you want the monitor to be

Just now, Gaurav S Rao said:

It's the only solution unless you're ready to spend around 2000$,how big do you want the monitor to be.

27" ideally. 

27" ideally. 

You can wait untill prices go down............ if u wanna................

1 hour ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

You can wait untill prices go down............ if u wanna................

1 hour ago, TheCliff said:

There is a 27'' variant that's a tad more expensive

27" would be better, I could end up just buying them one at a time rather than all at once. Could anyone link one?

you should consider just getting one new monitor to start with and keep the old one as a side monitor.

you wont be gaming on 3 monitors for long unless you are a huge racing or flight sim nerd simply because gaming on tripple monitors requires constant tinkering to get everything working only to find out your HUD is messed up cause the game doesnt support 3 screens.

if you want 3 monitors but dont want to game on all three let me tell you that using 3 monitors and actually gaining productivity from it requires much work and attention.

Using two monitors is intuitive and easy but when you add a third one you will find yourself looking for where you put which windows every now and then and also searching for the mouse.

start with one Monitor both for the reasons i mentioned and also so you can see yourself if you like the monitor you bought, if you do you can still buy more but most likely you will realize you dont need 3.

Just now, Pixel5 said:

you should consider just getting one new monitor to start with and keep the old one as a side monitor.

you wont be gaming on 3 monitors for long unless you are a huge racing or flight sim nerd simply because gaming on tripple monitors requires constant tinkering to get everything working only to find out your HUD is messed up cause the game doesnt support 3 screens.

if you want 3 monitors but dont want to game on all three let me tell you that using 3 monitors and actually gaining productivity from it requires much work and attention.

Using two monitors is intuitive and easy but when you add a third one you will find yourself looking for where you put which windows every now and then and also searching for the mouse.

start with one Monitor both for the reasons i mentioned and also so you can see yourself if you like the monitor you bought, if you do you can still buy more but most likely you will realize you dont need 3.

I'm that racing guy, so yes, I will be using all three, but I will probably only get one at a time.

1 hour ago, NPSTR107 said:

I'm that racing guy, so yes, I will be using all three, but I will probably only get one at a time.

than go on an get what you need :D

id say you dont really need 3 144hz screens with all the fuss one could ask for.

when i did my tripple monitor setup a while ago i simply bought another two of the same monitor i already had for 100 bucks each on ebay.

They are still working to this day.

1 minute ago, Pixel5 said:

id say you dont really need 3 144hz screens with all the fuss one could ask for.

when i did my tripple monitor setup a while ago i simply bought another two of the same monitor i already had for 100 bucks each on ebay.

So you think that non g-sync would be better?

4 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

I'm not really that fussed about getting g-sync, as I don't need it. I just thought that if I'm spending this much money on three monitors, and I already have a 1080Ti, I thought I'd make use of it.

6 minutes ago, Aytex said:

3 60hz ips panels would be better.

TN on a racing sim would be meh keeping viewing angels in mind.

11 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

Are there 27" IPS 1440p panels out there that have high refresh rates without Freesync or Gsync? Or should I just go for 60Hz?

i personally have not used gsync but i doubt its a life changing experience.

if i wanted to build a setup like this today i would get another one of the monitor i already have used on ebay and maybe get a fancy one as a center monitor in case i want to play games on only one monitor.

Triple monitors is one of these things that sounds great and you are really hyped about getting it but once you got it it becomes a normal thing and the hype is gone rather quickly.

this is usually the point where you would regret spending so much money for it.

Luckily i never had the issues to regretting to get the monitors because everything was rather cheap anyways.

Just now, NPSTR107 said:

Are there 27" IPS 1440p panels out there that have high refresh rates without Freesync or Gsync? Or should I just go for 60Hz?

Most panels at that price point are a premium and gsync or freesync is just slapped on there.

Theyre expensive as you stated so..

And I doubt you will be hitting high framerates on 1440 144hz x3

Just now, Pixel5 said:

i personally have not used gsync but i doubt its a life changing experience.

if i wanted to build a setup like this today i would get another one of the monitor i already have used on ebay and maybe get a fancy one as a center monitor in case i want to play games on only one monitor.

Triple monitors is one of these things that sounds great and you are really hyped about getting it but once you got it it becomes a normal thing and the hype is gone rather quickly.

this is usually the point where you would regret spending so much money for it.

Luckily i never had the issues to regretting to get the monitors because everything was rather cheap anyways.

Exactly this. Hype about it but once you have it it just dies. I never even used my third monitor half the time.