At which price could i sell my old rig

Mehlstaub
Go to solution Solved by Mehlstaub,

Thank you all very much for your help. That was quick man! #thatswhatshesaid

Hi there,

I may want to sell my actual rig and replace it. 

May someone has a clue what it is still worth

Sharkoon VS3-V Case

Sharkoon 650 W power supply

AMD FX-6300

on ASUS M5A97 EVO R2 Board

Some random silent after market cpu air cooler

PowerColor R9-290X GPU

256 GB SDD

2 TB HDD

16 GB RAM 2x 8GB 1600-999 Ripjaws K2 GSK

Love to hear your suggestions

Depends on where you're from (let me guess: Germany? (because of the username :D) or at least Europe (never seen Sharkoon stuff in American builds)

I take it you want to sell the PC as a whole, not the individual parts. Do you want to sell it locally or on ebay?

its funny how the GPU is worth almost as much as the rest of the build togethere here minus the RAM. anyway depends on how stupid your local used market is, a tech forum you might get that away for €350 or so, i could get that away for €500 easely because people are stupid on the big market places. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

About 450-500 euros (gonna guess Europe, because previously mentioned reasons + Nijntje).

That is including the HDD and SSD, but you should consider not selling those because if the buyer wanted, he/she could easily find your personal data back on the drives.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

That is including the HDD and SSD, but you should consider not selling those because if the buyer wanted, he/she could easily find your personal data back on the drives.

i would at least safe erase the HDD - there are tools that write over the whole drive a couple times so it's very hard to restore anything previously on there.

don't know how that works on SSDs and wich tools are available

11 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Depends on where you're from (let me guess: Germany? (because of the username :D) or at least Europe (never seen Sharkoon stuff in American builds)

I take it you want to sell the PC as a whole, not the individual parts. Do you want to sell it locally or on ebay?

Jawohl Germany :D. 

PC as a whole on some sort of ebay group or digital fleamarket

3 minutes ago, Minibois said:

About 450-500 euros (gonna guess Europe, because previously mentioned reasons + Nijntje).

Thanks for the pricing. 

I am familiar with data wipe.

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

i would at least safe erase the HDD - there are tools that write over the whole drive a couple times so it's very hard to restore anything previously on there.

don't know how that works on SSDs and wich tools are available

Maybe I just keep that SSD anyway as it is an Samsung Evo

Just now, Mehlstaub said:

Maybe I just keep that SSD anyway as it is an Samsung Evo

jup ... if it has to sell with SSD, throw in the cheapest 60 or 120gb SSD you can possibly find and keep the samsung

2 minutes ago, Mehlstaub said:

Jawohl Germany :D. 

PC as a whole on some sort of ebay group or digital fleamarket

I'd try ebay Kleinanzeigen first because it's free and you're gonna have local buyers so no need to worry about shipping. If you live in a rural area though, it may be hard to find buyers.

I'd keep the SSD and ask for around 500€.

One more tip: While the CPU isn't the best, it does have six cores and 3,5Ghz and a lot of people who don't know a lot about PC hardware go solely by that. So make sure to put that in the title of your listing.

4 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

I'd try ebay Kleinanzeigen first because it's free and you're gonna have local buyers so no need to worry about shipping. If you live in a rural area though, it may be hard to find buyers.

I'd keep the SSD and ask for around 500€.

One more tip: While the CPU isn't the best, it does have six cores and 3,5Ghz and a lot of people who don't know a lot about PC hardware go solely by that. So make sure to put that in the title of your listing.

Nice tip. I will follow it. 

1 hour ago, Mehlstaub said:

No problem, btw if you are going to ship the system in the end make sure to properly screw in the HDD and optical drive if there is one. Sharkoon cases have those quick mount brackets but in my experience they're kinda flimsy.

20 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

No problem, btw if you are going to ship the system in the end make sure to properly screw in the HDD and optical drive if there is one. Sharkoon cases have those quick mount brackets but in my experience they're kinda flimsy.

Thanks for that hint. I checked that and the case dosen't have any quick mount brackets :( 

22 minutes ago, Mehlstaub said:

Thanks for that hint. I checked that and the case dosen't have any quick mount brackets :( 

I was talking about these things:

GO9Ljs3.png

Now that I look at it, seems like they're only used for the 5.25" bays on the VS3-V.

3 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

I was talking about these things:

GO9Ljs3.png

Now that I look at it, seems like they're only used for the 5.25" bays on the VS3-V.

ahhh now I get it. Yes up there is nothing but fresh air