Galaxy A5 and A7 (2018) renders leak - Infinity Display for midrange?

Djole123

So, while the 2018 is coming, i think it's time for some phone leaks for the next year phones. Today, it's A series 2018 time.

Leaked renders show the A5 and the A7, but not the A3. However, the good news is that both the A5 and A7 will feature the bezelless Infinity Display, which is really cool of Samsung to implement into more budget offerings.

Here are the leaked renders:

gsmarena_002.jpg

gsmarena_003.jpg.0436d70eebb705b62c74a7300a977d3e.jpg

Thankfully, they have fixed the placement of the fingerprint scanner from next to the camera to a more comfortable under the camera. Unfortunately, tho, the Bixby button is here to stay.

What do you think about the A5 and A7 (2018)? I think it's cool for Samsung to trickle down the S8 features down to a more reasonable price tag field.

Source:

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a_2018_renders-news-27550.php

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

I am curious if Samsung will increase the price a bit. Wouldn't surprise me if they did. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

2 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I am curious if Samsung will increase the price a bit. Wouldn't surprise me if they did. 

They most likely will, but I hope the delta isn't big, because I really like it.

Spoiler

Ako nista drugo, gledacu ga u prodavnici i plakacu 

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

I am pretty sure if they do go with a Infinity display we can see a 50$ increase than usual in price.

It looks like a S8 mini.Also if they do change the position of the fingerprint sensor,I hope they change the shape as well because that back looks horrible to me.

seems very interesting. My brother had a 2016 A5 and to be honest that phone was good for the price, but a letdown for support. The updates that rolled out for that device where often bug-riddled and sometimes downright faulty.

here's to hoping the don;t repeat that with these devices. they definitely look nice tough!

3 minutes ago, Djole123 said:

They most likely will, but I hope the delta isn't big, because I really like it.

Hide contents

Ako nista drugo, gledacu ga u prodavnici i plakacu 

I like it as well can't lie, but with usual Samsung pricing, V30 is my choice this year. 

Spoiler

Nakon sto cu plakati par mjeseci

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

23 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

???

normies won't buy a LeEco, they'll just get those samsung devices from their network.

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

4 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

seems too good to be true .

Last years alphas were also too good to be true in a lot of aspects. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

5 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

seems too good to be true .

Consider that the A5 *starts* at around 350-400 euros, and the A7 is about 450-500, and also consider that LG did pretty much the same thing with their Q6, and it really doesn't seem unreasonable to have a narow bezel tall screen in a mid-range device.

My rig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ugghh! Now it will be even harder to find any phone with a regular, flat, rectangular screen. 

1 minute ago, TheCherryKing said:

Ugghh! Now it will be even harder to find any phone with a regular, flat, rectangular screen. 

Most budget phones have regular screens. Most budget phones also kinda suck.

I used to be quite active here.

4 minutes ago, Kobathor said:

Most budget phones have regular screens. Most budget phones also kinda suck.

Are there any high-end phones with a regular screen that are not the iPhone 8?

1 minute ago, TheCherryKing said:

The Google Pixel 2 and I think Sony phones (wouldn't recommend Sony.) The Pixel 2 is REALLY nice.

22 hours ago, Djole123 said:

Consider that the A5 *starts* at around 350-400 euros, and the A7 is about 450-500, and also consider that LG did pretty much the same thing with their Q6, and it really doesn't seem unreasonable to have a narow bezel tall screen in a mid-range device.

It's really trivial these days! You can even get a bezeless screen on a $100 phone. Just look at this: 

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_681619.html?wid=11

The Leagoo Kiicaa Mix. Note that any Chinese phone with the word "Mix" = bezeless. 

The specs aren't too shabby either, the Mediatek 6750T is very capable (as long as you don't play demanding mobile games, but who does anyway?). Sadly, a lot of corners have been cut. So that means you shouldn't expect much from the camera or speakers. The other dumb thing is the lack of a headphone jack! You can thank Apple for this. But still, the screen and performance are shockingly good for the price. And that matters the most. 

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I just hope to give you some insight on what's trending with mobile phones. 

On 10/9/2017 at 9:14 PM, kokakolia said:

It's really trivial these days! You can even get a bezeless screen on a $100 phone. Just look at this: 

https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_681619.html?wid=11

The Leagoo Kiicaa Mix. Note that any Chinese phone with the word "Mix" = bezeless. 

The specs aren't too shabby either, the Mediatek 6750T is very capable (as long as you don't play demanding mobile games, but who does anyway?). Sadly, a lot of corners have been cut. So that means you shouldn't expect much from the camera or speakers. The other dumb thing is the lack of a headphone jack! You can thank Apple for this. But still, the screen and performance are shockingly good for the price. And that matters the most. 

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I just hope to give you some insight on what's trending with mobile phones. 

The thing about these cheap chinese phones is that you're not going to get the piece of mind you get from a Samsung phone. 

For example, what if it breaks down? I can go to any repair shop with my A5 and they will fix it because it's a popular model, however with your Leagoo, they might not even know it exists, and plus, since it has that bezelless screen, it will be hard to figure out how to repair it.

Also you can get cases pretty much anywhere for the Samsung phones, while some people even have problems finding cases for their Honor phones!

I'm not saying it's bad, infact it's pretty good for the money, but it's not a safe bet for me.

My rig:

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 08/10/2017 at 9:33 PM, TheCherryKing said:

Yes. If you ignore the guy below you can have the Sony XZ1 Compact (SD835 4GB 4.6" 720p screen), XZ1 (SD835 4GB RAM 1080p 5.2" screen) or XZ Premium (SD835 4GB RAM 4k 5.5" screen). All of them are IP67/68 rated, 64GB internal storage + SD slot (the compact only has 32GB internal storage)

On 08/10/2017 at 9:34 PM, Kobathor said:

The Google Pixel 2 and I think Sony phones (wouldn't recommend Sony.) The Pixel 2 is REALLY nice.

infinity display worth it?

I am using an old smartphone and thought about buying the A5 2018 when the price is a bit down.

8 hours ago, IntMD said:

Yes. If you ignore the guy below you can have the Sony XZ1 Compact (SD835 4GB 4.6" 720p screen), XZ1 (SD835 4GB RAM 1080p 5.2" screen) or XZ Premium (SD835 4GB RAM 4k 5.5" screen). All of them are IP67/68 rated, 64GB internal storage + SD slot (the compact only has 32GB internal storage)

I didn't even know half of those existed, but DAMN Sony makes butt-ugly phones.

14 hours ago, Djole123 said:

The thing about these cheap chinese phones is that you're not going to get the piece of mind you get from a Samsung phone. 

For example, what if it breaks down? I can go to any repair shop with my A5 and they will fix it because it's a popular model, however with your Leagoo, they might not even know it exists, and plus, since it has that bezelless screen, it will be hard to figure out how to repair it.

Also you can get cases pretty much anywhere for the Samsung phones, while some people even have problems finding cases for their Honor phones!

I'm not saying it's bad, infact it's pretty good for the money, but it's not a safe bet for me.

Well actually, there's a much bigger flaw with this phone: the speaker for calls is placed on the top edge of the phone to achieve the bezeless look. It's a stupid compromise. Finding a case of online is easy. So that's never really a problem. But you're right about the return policy: there isn't really one. 

6 hours ago, Kobathor said:

I didn't even know half of those existed, but DAMN Sony makes butt-ugly phones.

I don't understand why? I think that these phones look gorgeous in a unique, retro-futuristic kind of way. I love the subtle and tasteful colors. 

EDIT: It's a shame that they're so expensive. And the reviews are not very positive either. It just looks like their beat by Motorola for budget phones and Samsung/Apple/LG for flagships. Maybe I'll consider one in several years time when phone specs become more insignificant as they are today. I just like the idea of owning a phone that doesn't look like a Samsung or Apple copy (every Chinese phone these days looks like a Galaxy S8 clone or an iPhone).