Over 2 million Facebook, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Google passwords have been posted online

TopWargamer

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/04/stolen-passwords_n_4383950.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

More than 2 million passwords for sites including Facebook, Yahoo, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google have been stolen and posted online, BBC reports.

Security firm Trustwave has discovered the trove of login credentials, email credentials and passwords, it announced on Tuesday.

Security experts told BBC that a criminal gang may be behind the security breach. The stolen information can be used to extract people's personal information from the websites, which can then be sold, according to BBC.

If you have an account for any of these websites (which I'm sure we all do), go change your password RIGHT NOW.

COMIC SANS

why do people do this? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Well. even without hacking, this is true.

"hello" is a password. Hell, "password" is a password.

123456 or abc123 are passwords. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Nah, if they managed to get through my Firewall + 2 Antiviruses without me even downloading or accessing random crap then they deserve a reward for that. If 15k of those people have the passwords 123456 then the people whose accounts are compromised probably aren't the brightest

Edit: Lol this comic is brilliant! http://a4.typepad.com/6a0168e94917b4970c019b01aba9c4970d-pi

"The stolen passwords are, in general, weak ones. The most popular password that was stolen is "123456," followed by "123456789," "1234" and "password.""

I don't really feel threatened.

It still doesn't hurt.

COMIC SANS

Thanks, I am going to send this to my fellow IT co-workers.

I'll be honest, our computers have had similar passwords in the past at work. It's best if we change whatever isn't already changed. 

I think the problem with the bottom password is that most things hide your password as you type it. Typos are more common the longer you type and not being able to see when you make one gets real frustrating real fast. 

I hate it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

My passwords are generally 13-16 characters long combined with numbers letters and phrases.

so GL.

Oh and I have no card information period. :) so there's that.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah, if they managed to get through my Firewall + 2 Antiviruses without me even downloading or accessing random crap then they deserve a reward for that. If 15k of those people have the passwords 123456 then the people whose accounts are compromised probably aren't the brightest

Edit: Lol this comic is brilliant! http://a4.typepad.com/6a0168e94917b4970c019b01aba9c4970d-pi

why would they need to get into your computer if they have your password? lol the main reason to get into your computer is to keylog for passwords which in this case they already have so no point in getting into your computer lol.

I like to use a sentence with full punctuation and a number. Something like "I went 2 town." Easy to remember and it satisfies most of the strong password credentials (Capitals, spaces, symbols, numbers and length).

I like to use a sentence with full punctuation and a number. Something like "I went 2 town." Easy to remember and it satisfies most of the strong password credentials (Capitals, spaces, symbols, numbers and length).

Might start doing this with my passwords, it's a good idea :)

BBC conjuring up fear again, I see.

There is no hackery involved when people are really dumb with choosing obvious passwords.

Facebook takes people’s information security extremely seriously

This is so funny, it' sad. Facebook is in bed with leaking your information to the government and who knows what other 3rd party. You have to be on something to believe Facebook actually cares about your well being. =p

Google allows for 100 character passwords - which I take advantage of :)