"Killing Console Builds" Not Really..

JLCitadel

First point, I agree.

Yes but nintendo turned into a casual gaming console which I don't enjoy AS much. + they put too much enphasis on motion sensing technology which to me is annoying to deal with. I prefered nintendo till wii u and there new handhelds + ps 1 and ps2 then xbox. Now if I had to pick I'd roll with ps4. Maybe nintendo will kick it's ass into gear with a new console that will blow the others out of the water with native 1080p 60frames and cost 300$

Well..excluding the whole wiimote thing and wiifit craze..I'm perfectly content with a comfortable controller and sitting on my butt. :P

But yeah, 1080p min with 60fps and a steamlined gaming system is all that is needed for a console. You don't need all the extra fluff that only pads the price and has nothing to do with gaming.

"Xbox, Go home!"

TBH, I wish the PC had more console style games instead of these nerdy MMOs ect. We need more platformers and yes.

What about serious shooters :'(?

Serious shooters?

BF or something? Available on all platforms, so you can choose.

Oh my vernacular is magnificent but my usage of commas and spelling can be horrid sometimes haha mostly because I'm lazy about it

OT: It's ironic that you say that, because I don't think that's precisely the word you're looking for. 

bbdFN7F.jpg?1

(sorry, unless that was intentional, then 2deep for text m8)

Error: 410

Even with AMD, a ~$900-1500 computer, it's the way it's meant to be played.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Well..excluding the whole wiimote thing and wiifit craze..I'm perfectly content with a comfortable controller and sitting on my butt. :P

But yeah, 1080p min with 60fps and a steamlined gaming system is all that is needed for a console. You don't need all the extra fluff that only pads the price and has nothing to do with gaming.

"Xbox, Go home!"

I'd say ps4 is more in the right direction, honestly i think if they made their console the same price as xbox, got rid of any motion sensing controller bullshit, had stable 1080p with 60fps, they would have CRUSHED microsoft in sales.

Serious shooters?

LOLOLOLOL I'm sorry I just died laughing. BF is a serious shooter. hahahahahahahaha oh oh oh.. you're funny.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serious shooters?

Wat?

#

No competition for PC with shooters...

But i am not in this thread for that reason.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

I'd say ps4 is more in the right direction, honestly i think if they made their console the same price as xbox, got rid of any motion sensing controller bullshit, had stable 1080p with 60fps, they would have CRUSHED microsoft in sales.

LOLOLOLOL I'm sorry I just died laughing. BF is a serious shooter. hahahahahahahaha oh oh oh.. you're funny.

It isn't.... Oh well...then that means I haven't played shooters for a LONG time. Which is right I suppose. I don't play shooters.

But what games did you mean with serious shooters?

Someone should tell Logan and the Tek Syndicate folks.

Hahaha I think they'd agree with me, but people bug them about it so they made a video. I'd be interested in what Linus and slick think of this.

@Slick

OT: It's ironic that you say that, because I don't think that's precisely the word you're looking for.

(sorry)

Vernacular can be used in place of vocabulary when referring to ones own speech capabilities, as it's the way one speaks.

Even with AMD, a ~$900-1500 computer, it's the way it's meant to be played.

Not quite sure what you're saying

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It isn't.... Oh well...then that means I haven't played shooters for a LONG time. Which is right I suppose. I don't play shooters.

CS player myself, but BF3 was fun.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

If we have 4k with 60fps within 5 years, I'll come back and fap to your comment, till then.

& actually this was a good point to raise, it made me have an idea, what if the newer iterations of the consoles come in at higher fps/resolution instead of a slimer version? I think it would be a great choice to make as a company but a difficult one to do.

they've already done it its called "steambox", "origin pc", "everyotherpcintheworld"

its like those comments you read "What if you could upgrade your console or something, like put in a better graphics chip later??"

...its called a pc, its been around a while, you can google it...

pc is home cooking, what youwant, how you want but it takes a little effort and knowledge.

prebuilts are going to a restaurant itslike home cooking, good food, slightly tailered to your tastes some times, but you pay a premium and you dont gain any knowledge or skills from it.

console is gruel-you get what your given and it keeps you alive, for whatever thats worth.

edit; when people say "but you can get bf3(etc) for console" or any other game like bf3/bf4/gta4/gta5 etc I always laugh and point out to them "no, you get maybe a quarter of the game, your running at 720p so half the resolution(1/2), at 30fps so half the frame rate (1/4), with half the anti-aliasing and anisotrpic filtering(1/8), and you dont get anywhere near the mods and capabilities that we do so......you get maybe 12.5% of the game?

oh and you pay more for it, I just got gta4 for £5 ($8?) off a friend, how much is it on console, and gta5 for that matter, you know they only brought it out for £45 on 360 and ps3 to milk the console gamers, then a week alter you can get it second hand for £30 and new for £30 in some places, then the new consoles come out and they re-release it for £45 so all the console players now have to buy it for thier new beloved systems WITH EXPANSION PACKS, then we finally get it later on for £40/$50 and no doubt for £30/$35 on a steam sale 2 weeks later.

also most games now follow a trend.

everyone LOVES huge online play=RESULT-single player campaign is rushed, buggy and generally cr@p

everyone LOVES DLC=RESULT-stuff that would normally be in the game from the start is now purposely cut out to be sold for an additional price, not only that but more focus goes into making the DLC than into the game because why make a good game for £40 when you can sell 6 dlc packs for £15 each?

everyone LOVES to pre-order=RESULT-game developers become lazy because they KNOW the console fanboys are just going to buy it anyway so it doesnt matter that its buggy as hell, unoptimised or poorly through through.

everyone LOVES hype=RESULT-something is rumored, like gta5 was, like cod ghosts clone, like every need for speed clone and a huge amount of hype comes out which fuels itself and everything else aforementioned^

so now were all left with buggy, badly optimised games with no substance that are overhyped to hell and full of pricey DLC.

thanks for ruining gaming console players, we really appreciate it..

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

Hahaha I think they'd agree with me, but people bug them about it so they made a video. I'd be interested in what Linus and slick think of this.

@Linus

@Slick

Vernacular can be used in place of vocabulary when referring to ones own speech capabilities, as it's the way one speaks.

Not quite sure what you're saying

No, they can never be used interchangeably, they have completely different meanings. 

Wat?

#

No competition for PC with shooters...

-snip-

But i am not in this thread for that reason.

Are you saying there's no competition with pc shooters? or..?

I would consider games that have massive professional leagues and that's the general focus of the game a serious shooter, and it's not focused on graphics. Probably the counter-strike series, halo pc had it's small period of time, but that's all I'd say in way of that. I mean there is a competitive are for BF and it will grow with bf4 maybe, but I won't consider it one, it's too easy.

Are you saying there's no competition with pc shooters? or..?

I would consider games that have massive professional leagues and that's the general focus of the game a serious shooter, and it's not focused on graphics. Probably the counter-strike series, halo pc had it's small period of time, but that's all I'd say in way of that. I mean there is a competitive are for BF and it will grow with bf4 maybe, but I won't consider it one, it's too easy.

Console vs PC, the PC is the diety of FPS shooters, not saying that shooters are bad on consoles, but competitive gaming.... just no.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

No, they can never be used interchangeably, they have completely different meanings. 

eh say that to my english professors, idc either way ;)

they've already done it its called "steambox", "origin pc", "everyotherpcintheworld"

its like those comments you read "What if you could upgrade your console or something, like put in a better graphics chip later??"

...its called a pc, its been around a while, you can google it...

pc is home cooking, what youwant, how you want but it takes a little effort and knowledge.

prebuilts are going to a restaurant itslike home cooking, good food, slightly tailered to your tastes some times, but you pay a premium and you dont gain any knowledge or skills from it.

console is gruel-you get what your given and it keeps you alive, for whatever thats worth.

I'm excited and hopeful for the steambox idea.

CS player myself, but BF3 was fun.

ah did you ever get into CAL?

Games are meant to be played on a $900-1500 computer.

They are also supposed to be played with friends. So, if your buddies are on console, you're screwed

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Console vs PC, the PC is the diety of FPS shooters, not saying that shooters are bad on consoles, but competitive gaming.... just no.

The ONLY competitive scene for consoles I'd be a part of I was a part of. Gears of War 2.

I'd say Halo 3 had a good competitive scene but I don't really like the franchise that much.

The ONLY competitive scene for consoles I'd be a part of I was a part of. Gears of War 2.

I'd say Halo 3 had a good competitive scene but I don't really like the franchise that much.

Yes, but they are very restricted shooters, but then again, everyone is on a even playing field.

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

You have to start some where... My first pc was not high-end either.

That's true. I'd say a low end laptop used for school is a decent way to start nowadays. Better then fucking angrybirds or candycrush. *cringe*

I feel as members of the educated computer peoples of the interwebs we should informs the console peasants properly.

(We need to realize, that a 500-600$ build will not give a better gaming experience than the consoles)

While these builds are perfectly fine and you can play plenty of games at decent settings depending on where you put the bulk of your money into, you have to remember that games are made to preform better on the consoles. At least the ones for it, and games built for the PC will generally (at least I'd like to think so) be a lot more difficult to run.

Convincing a friend to build a 500$ computer as opposed to a console is probably a bad idea.

When you buy a console you're not just buying the system you're buying a lot of the experience of gaming that comes with it. Now we can all argue many different things, like building an HTPC or using emulators or hooking up a controller to your pc, but at the end of the day, what the average person does is buy pre-built computers and consoles, and they're perfectly happy with them.

Personally no matter how much I love pc gaming and how incredibly good I am at it, there truly is no experience like kicking it back on a couch picking up a controller and playing a few games with friends. 30 Frames on a console =/ 30 Frames on a game on a pc. While I'll always be a hardcore pc gamer and hardware enthusiast soon to be watercooling like a crazy man, I'll always love the feel of a controller and the experience of the living room with it.

tldr; don't try to convince your friends not to buy a console, just convince them to wait till they're debugged in several months, and maybe pick up a decent laptop for school work that can also play normal games like BF4 and LoL or whatever with decent settings. Also note, a 500$ PC won't provide the same experience even though it may provide the same or better performance as the console.

I'm personally still unsure if I'll get one or not, maybe eventually? I don't even like paying for games so not sure :). I'm aware my grammars atrocious lol & what do you all have to say about this?

Unfortunately, your comment will expire in under 2 years, possibly even 1.  That's right, a GTX 670 or 760 will likely be sub $200 by then.  As for CPU, RAM, a 2500K will still do the job along with 8 GB.

Yes, but they are very restricted shooters, but then again, everyone is on a even playing field.

Play some ESEA CS with me sometime.

Play some ESEA CS with me sometime.

I was not "competitive in CS" just a CS player, i know how to aim :P

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

eh say that to my english professors, idc either way ;)

I'm no lit professor, but if he told you that you can use that word like that, I would definitely be skeptical of the rest of what he says.

At first, that appears to be an acceptable use but if you take that to a strict definition it's completely wrong use. He may have not been thinking when he said that or approved it. 

Itll provide the same experience. I dont see why it wouldnt in your eyes. Cod is cod no matter where it is.