"Killing Console Builds" Not Really..

JLCitadel

guess we are different then

yea idk I think its all to do with the kinds of people you meet in both places and how you meet them

I never thought of comparing the PC with consoles over price. Of course, you wont be able to build a "PS4-performance-like" PC at the same price. Both are different things. It's like trying to compare a car with a boat. You can travel with both, but clearly they are not the same

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 3.8 GHz | Gigabyte 870A-USB3 | Kingston ValueRAM 2x2GB 1333 MHz | ASUS nVidia ENGTX460 1 GB | Corsair H60 

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced Edition | Toshiba 1 TB HDD | Logitech G300 | Cheapo Keyboard | Genius GX Gaming Lychas | SteelSeries Qck Mass Le White

I dont ever try to say consoles are crap and PC is the way to go, But I talk about the games I play and how I run my system and thats got two people curious and wanting to build a gaming computer.

Things like modding Skyrim so that it looks amazing, DayZ and how I run my PS3 audio through my computer.

I think its less about how much you want to spend, These guys I talk to are more interested in hearing about all the weird stuff you can pull off with a computer VS a console.

Its never really an issue to make anything work with a custom built machine, You just gotta buy that component that allows it to work. They are more interested in the flexibility of the system than outright price to performance.

Another thing to note, if you build a 400$ PC is 2006, you'd be struggling to run games like half life 2 or GTA SA whereas consoles can play games like GTA 5 and crysis 3.

True,  then again the 360 and particularly the ps3 were tech marvels.   The xbone and ps4 are anything but tech marvels and they are not going to scale even 1/10th as well as the 360 and ps3 did.  Both system are an admittance by the console makers that they could not design an actual next gen machine and are nothing but a smash and grab at your wallet because they know this is the last traditional console we will see.  You cannot use the past to judge the future,  MSFT and Sony changed the way they did things this go around.  

True,  then again the 360 and particularly the ps3 were tech marvels.   The xbone and ps4 are anything but tech marvels and they are not going to scale even 1/10th as well as the 360 and ps3 did.  Both system are an admittance by the console makers that they could not design an actual next gen machine and are nothing but a smash and grab at your wallet because they know this is the last traditional console we will see.  You cannot use the past to judge the future,  MSFT and Sony changed the way they did things this go around.  

To be fair to the xbox one and ps4 when the 360 came out its launch titles include call of duty 2 and need for speed most wanted, which is plain rubbish by todays standards. But the hardware remained the same throughout the 8 years.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  •