HELP: CPU Running very hot

Hello everyone,

I'm in need of some assistance. I just finished setting up my build without my 1080ti as it has not arrived yet. The set is as follows:

CPU: intel i7-7700k Kabylake

Motherboard: Asus Strix Z270e

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62

Ram: G. SKill Trident Z RGB 16 GB

Intake Fans: NZXT Aer 140mm RGB (in front the the radiator)

Output Fans: NZXT Aer 140mm RGB and NZXT 120mm stock case fan

Case: NAZXT S340 Elite

Please note temp reading are in Fahrenheit . I used the stock thermal paste on the Kraken X62, and everything is flowing good but it's running around 90 at idle and 95 100s (120, 140, 150, 160). Those higher temps are when I was downloading games onto the computer like PUBG, ARK, Overwatch. I stopped all downloads for the time being. 

I'm thinking there is an issue with the thermal paste that came on the Kraken X62. Should I go to Fry's pick up some arctic thermal paste and reapply it? Or what would be cause the system to be idling at such a warm temperature? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Edit: I uploaded a reading right after submitting this post and the CAM software is reading 117 degrees.. Also like to add I have no tweaked anything on the CPU, Fans or motherboard. 

Cam_1.PNG

90 fahreneit is only 32C. Thats a perfectly normal idle temperature.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, RKRiley said:

The idling is some what ok, but i heard lower temps would be better such as in the 80s which is  roughly 28-30C. What about when I'm running applications and temps jump up over 100F?

Yeah, those temps are fine. I'd only be concerned for your CPU if they were around 85C (185 Fah) or possibly concerned with your cooler's performance if they were above 65C (150 Fah). 

4 minutes ago, Nick91 said:

Edit: I uploaded a reading right after submitting this post and the CAM software is reading 117 degrees.. Also like to add I have no tweaked anything on the CPU, Fans or motherboard. 

You're looking at Fahrenheit. You're fine.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, Nick91 said:

The idling is some what ok, but i heard lower temps would be better such as in the 80s which is  roughly 28-30C. What about when I'm running applications and temps jump up over 100F?

idle temps are heavily dependant on the ambient(room) temperature.

Depending on the application you can easily expect 150-160+ under load, depends how much the CPU is being used and what program it is.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

5 minutes ago, Nick91 said:

Hello everyone,

I'm in need of some assistance. I just finished setting up my build without my 1080ti as it has not arrived yet. The set is as follows:

Please note temp reading are in Fahrenheit . I used the stock thermal paste on the Kraken X62, and everything is flowing good but it's running around 90 at idle and 95 100s (120, 140, 150, 160). Those higher temps are when I was downloading games onto the computer like PUBG, ARK, Overwatch. I stopped all downloads for the time being. 

I'm thinking there is an issue with the thermal paste that came on the Kraken X62. Should I go to Fry's pick up some arctic thermal paste and reapply it? Or what would be cause the system to be idling at such a warm temperature? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Cam_1.PNG

These temps are really good. No need to worry about anything.

7 minutes ago, Nick91 said:

Hello everyone,

Cam_1.PNG

Please try to report it in Farenheit cuz my homeland uses Farenheit and actually use more Celsius than Farenheit.

5 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Yeah, mine has a heatsink GLUED to my CPU and it idles around 40s. I can't upload a picture cuz of the hurricane; No power nor signal.

Keep it under 80C, not 80F.  Whenever anyone talks about CPU temps, they are referring to celcius.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Why do people feel the need to quote the whole post + picture, so much unnecessary scrolling lol, learn to snip people.

1 minute ago, MadOverclocker said:

Please try to report it in Farenheit cuz my homeland uses Farenheit and actually use more Celsius than Farenheit.

all of the united states uses F , yet all of the united states measures computer temps in C.

use C for pc temps , stop using F , never use it again.

Thanks everyone for the information. I had friends telling me yesterday and it got me bit worried. I've switched it Celsius reading. So under load, getting around 40-45C is ok?

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

Why do people feel the need to quote the whole post + picture, so much unnessecary scrolling lol, learn to snip people.

Please listen to this man. Damn annoying scrolling for 5 seconds just to see one line saying "yeah that's fine".

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Thanks everyone for the information. I had friends telling me yesterday and it got me bit worried. I've switched it Celsius reading. So under load, getting around 40-45C is ok?

You'll be lucky to stay that low under load lol, expect 50+ easily.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

all of the united states uses F , yet all of the united states measures computer temps in C.

Sorry about that usage of F. I was using C but correct I'm from the US and never used C so converting wasn't simple for me. But I'll keep in C and read it off that. Thank you

1 minute ago, RKRiley said:

You'll be lucky to stay that low under load lol, expect 50+ easily.

Ah ok. Thanks for the information and help. I was a bit worried. 

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

I actually never use Farenheit for PC Temps, they confuse me.

2 minutes ago, Nick91 said:

I'm from the US and never used C so converting wasn't simple for me

theres no need to convert it even.

all you have to remember is what temps are considered high for the component. by converting it , you're tricking yourself into thinking it's running hot. You can't survive 158F , but your CPU can.

12 minutes ago, Nick91 said:

You're good, don't worry.

Generally, anything near boiling point is where you should be reacting ASAP, something is seriously wrong (at sea level 100C or 212F)

All in Celsius: 20's to low 30's is a normal idle temperature, depending on room temperature. 40-45 for over an hour of load is a loud dream. 50's excellent. 60's normal(expect this) 70's warm/hot. 80's is kinda concerning. 90's stop what you're doing. 100's turn it off immediately  

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

Just now, DutchTexan said:

You're good, don't worry.

Generally, anything near boiling point is where you should be reacting ASAP, something is seriously wrong (at sea level 100C or 212F)

All in Celsius: 20's to low 30's is a normal idle temperature, depending on room temperature. 40-45 for over an hour of load is a loud dream. 50's excellent. 60's normal(expect this) 70's warm/hot. 80's is kinda concerning. 90's stop what you're doing. 100's turn it off immediately  

Thanks for that. Good to get a better understanding on the running temps.