Nokia 3310 makes a come back

mr moose

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/iconic-nokia-3310-makes-comeback-singapore

So apparently The nokia 3310 has made a come back with 3g network support.  Me thinks this will be a hit for about 3 weeks until the novelty wears off.

SINGAPORE — The iconic Nokia 3310, famed for its long battery life and durability, will be making a reappearance here from next month, complete with 3G connectivity.

What about the rest of the world?

On the launch of the 3G-enabled Nokia 3310, Mr Juho Sarvikas, chief product officer of HMD Global, said: “Our fans around the world have been asking for this iconic phone to support 3G. Fans asked, we listened, and today welcome the Nokia 3310 3G.”

I want one only because I am very physical and keep breaking traditional smart phones.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This has been out in the US for months.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

This has been out in the US for months.

Was it a 3 week flash in the pan?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

Was it a 3 week flash in the pan?

Nope. 

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Nope. 

clearly I am out of touch with the youth of today.

Just now, mr moose said:

clearly I am out of touch with the youth of today.

Do you have a Nokia?

No?

What about an Android or iPhone?

Yes?

You're out of touch with nothing.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I would have been interested in this if they had just kept it like the original 3310 and just updated the cellular chip inside to work on modern networks...  All I really wanted it for was a durable phone/texting device that would last forever on battery (or nearly) and be near bulletproof. I don't really need it for Internet Services or social media...

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Do you have a Nokia?

No?

What about an Android or iPhone?

Yes?

You're out of touch with nothing.

Up until yesterday I had a nokia Windows phone.

Just now, mr moose said:

Up until yesterday I had a nokia Windows phone.

Up until yesterday, you were out of touch with the youth. Today, you're a new squishy.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

The phone was launched a few months ago and it had problems, so they took it back and now relaunched it again. And it's only limited to 3G.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

As a 7 year old kid with a 3310 I loved it.

As a 20 year old guy looking at the new 3310, I hate it lol.

Kinda sad that they "renewed" it, would have been better just leaving it's legacy alone.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I want one with 4G.  I don't use a smartphone for anything but calls, and delete texts.  It'd work.

The 3330 is better

As a testament to how resilient these phones are though, as a teenager my best friend had 2 of these phones, one was a 3310 and the other was a 3330. One day he dropped his 3330 in a river by accident and without thinking jumped straight in the retrieve it, he had his 3310 in his pocket at the time so both phones ended up going for a swim. Both were switched on and working at the time.

Straight away he took the batteries out of both phones and when he got home (about 20 minutes later) he put both phones and batteries in an airing cupboard in his bathroom where he left them for about 3 days.

No joke, both phones survived and neither had any issues afterwards. They were both fully submerged in water for around 5 minutes and both survived fully intact and working.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

This new Nokia 3310 is kind of a letdown IMO. Because it has a color screen! 

Monochrome screens are easier to read when it's bright out. And the phone UI is a bit snappier that way. And the battery life is also better. 

Doesn't matter what they call it, it's not a real 3310. It's a cheap generic modern phone that slightly resembles the real 3310 and is little more than an attempt to milk the 3310's name and fame as much as they can.

43 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

is little more than an attempt to milk the 3310's name and fame as much as they can.

Mostly not true. Sure, they might want to sell some phones but the primary goal is attention.

They want to relaunch the Nokia brand and what better way to get the media going than re-launching an almost 2 decades old popular phone with a new paint job?  It's a novelty. They're using it to sell you a Nokia 3/5/6/8 device. They don't really care all that much about the 3310.