Did you know about CampZone?

Hi guys, I've been a long time watcher and also lurker (sometimes I post) here on the forum!

Recently Linus posted a video about gaming outdoor and how insane it was. Well, I kind of had to laugh at that video because we've been doing something similar for quite some years! We call it CampZone and it has grown out to be an event of around 1500 to 2000 attendees who come to our camping/festival and strike down for 11 days to play games, BBQ, hang at the campfire and generally have fun! Some call it the ultimate gaming vacation, but maybe that's going a bit too far. ;)

We are doing it with a bit more luxury then Linus in the video though. We have almost limitless power available using 3 Diesel generators, have a Gigabit port for everything with more then 100Gbit of network bandwidth available, field covering WiFi and even a 2Gbit fiber internet connection with a public IPv4 for everyone to get the fullest out of their vacation and time with friends!

We often get international visitors but recently we've started a special international visitor incentive. If you come over to enjoy your vacation and game with us and can present your plane ticket and boarding pass we'll give you a pretty big discount on the event costs because we love having you guys over!

I recently made a video about CampZone! It's a technical overview of the event and the organisation behind it but should also give you a good idea about what CampZone is and what goes on there!

CampZone night shot and video link!

*Click on the photo to see the video!

Let me know what you think of the video and if anyone has any questions, I'll be here to answer them!

• Quindor from the Intermittent Technology blog (intermit.tech) and YouTube channel (Intermit.Tech)
  • Organizer of LAN-parties (1100 people) The Party and CampZone (~2000 people)
  • Officially a senior storage expert, un-officially a networking expert, besides all of that enjoys lots of different computer related subjects
  • Aspiring video maker! ;)

Can't watch the video as i'm outside the house rn. Where is it hosted? Sounds like a great place for me to meet some internet friends i've been talking to for years.

i feel like this wouldnt work in belgium, since all places that resemble a grass field are usually occupied by music events, and are closer to a pool of mud than a field of grass.

in other words, not quite the ideal environment for technology, even when ignoring the fact any place that has the room to park a car has such weak towers that we need mobile GSM infrastructure to not completely kill the hardmounted ones.

What the hell is "outdoors"?

Edit: I couldnt find it on steam so I looked out a window. The graphics were amazing, maybe even better than 4k 60fps but the story lacked depth. 2/10 would not recommend

(Serious note, this would be really cool to go to)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

i feel like this wouldnt work in belgium, since all places that resemble a grass field are usually occupied by music events, and are closer to a pool of mud than a field of grass.

in other words, not quite the ideal environment for technology, even when ignoring the fact any place that has the room to park a car has such weak towers that we need mobile GSM infrastructure to not completely kill the hardmounted ones.

Actually there used to be a similar event in Belgium but I can't remember what it's called. It was a lot of years back too.

Our event has moved 3 times in it's 17 years. We where on a music festival camping ground at first, then a grass field we rented from a local government and now we're on a terrain that's also used for horse events. It all kind of depends on how well the grass field has been prepared and oddly enough, what type of grass you plant into it! All the other infrastructure we provide our selves (we basically start with an empty grass field and build everything from power lines, fresh water, toilets, showers, food courts, high speed network (10Gbit available for visitors), 2Gbit+ internet, etc.)

But hey, we're pretty close by to Belgium, so you should maybe come visit?

@Anjelllo we're located in the Netherlands! But as I mentioned, don't let that stop you!

• Quindor from the Intermittent Technology blog (intermit.tech) and YouTube channel (Intermit.Tech)
  • Officially a senior storage expert, un-officially a networking expert, besides all of that enjoys lots of different computer related subjects

1 hour ago, Quindor said:

Actually there used to be a similar event in Belgium but I can't remember what it's called. It was a lot of years back too.

Our event has moved 3 times in it's 17 years. We where on a music festival camping ground at first, then a grass field we rented from a local government and now we're on a terrain that's also used for horse events. It all kind of depends on how well the grass field has been prepared and oddly enough, what type of grass you plant into it! All the other infrastructure we provide our selves (we basically start with an empty grass field and build everything from power lines, fresh water, toilets, showers, food courts, high speed network (10Gbit available for visitors), 2Gbit+ internet, etc.)

But hey, we're pretty close by to Belgium, so you should maybe come visit?

@Anjelllo we're located in the Netherlands! But as I mentioned, don't let that stop you!

the thing is, at that point we'd be better off just tossing the toilet salesmen out of this place and hosting the party there:

batibouw7.jpg

1 hour ago, manikyath said:

the thing is, at that point we'd be better off just tossing the toilet salesmen out of this place and hosting the party there:

Oh, but we do, I present to you, The Party! We hold it each april for a whole weekend with about ~1100 visitors! But having a LANparty in a hall or venue is quite different then on a grass field, sitting in your tent playing some fun games with your mates while it's raining outside is an awesome thing! :D

59cc3bba7a308_theparty.thumb.jpg.c93f09a63095da69c1339830d3a1f4e0.jpg

*Click on the photo to watch a video about this event!

This video also has a lot of our technical network layout and configurations inside! This event we had around 1250 Gigabit ports + 120 10Gbit ports with some 40Gbit ports making for a network with almost no limits! We also had a 6Gbps Internet connection! :D

- Thread Locked -

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER