For Car Enthusiasts, Chevrolet Equinox 2005

NTDaws

Hey guys, I am getting a equinox 2005 with awd. Nice lol. Anyways I want to replace the exhaust, tint the windows, and do a vinyl wrap. Not a ricer, just want to blend in with school. Any recommendations? I am getting the SUV for $750 because that what my aunt is giving it to me for. Who doesn't take a first vehicle for $750 lol. Thanks guys.

- Dawson

The geek himself.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

You really shouldn't try to make an Equinox even worse than it already is.

They are really good vehicles, not sure what your talking about. And they can look bad ass with a black vinyl wrap, exhausts, tinted lights.

The geek himself.

Careful with the amount of window tint you use, too dark will result in you getting pulled over by the cops. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

6 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Careful with the amount of window tint you use, too dark will result in you getting pulled over by the cops. 

Yeah I'm, I have to ask the cop at school what the legal amount is

The geek himself.

dont put this much money into a first car.

My friend has 2k into an 03 altima with 200k on it and it now needs an ecm. He barely put 1k on it..

Drive it till it dies, but do regular maintenance.(Oil changes, brakes etc.)

Also, i would do a trani fluid flush it it has never been done before.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

2 minutes ago, Jrock said:

dont put this much money into a first car.

My friend has 2k into an 03 altima with 200k on it and it now needs an ecm. He barely put 1k on it..

Drive it till it dies, but do regular maintenance.(Oil changes, brakes etc.)

Also, i would do a trani fluid flush it it has never been done before.

Im only mainly doing exterior repairs, exhaust, rims, vinyl wrap, and tiny. thats pretty much it.

The geek himself.

Just now, Being Delirious said:

Yeah I'm, I have to ask the cop at school what the legal amount is

Oh and make sure before you mod anything, do a or have thorough service done of the stock car (change engine oil, check tyres, check steering, check suspension ect).  

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Oh and make sure before you mod anything, do a or have thorough service done of the stock car (change engine oil, check tyres, check steering, check suspension ect).  

Tires aren't staying. Not too much to worry about, but will check during the meanwhile. Can you recommend me any exhausts?

The geek himself.

3 hours ago, Being Delirious said:

Hey guys, I am getting a equinox 2005 with awd. Nice lol. Anyways I want to replace the exhaust, tint the windows, and do a vinyl wrap. Not a ricer, just want to blend in with school. Any recommendations? I am getting the SUV for $750 because that what my aunt is giving it to me for. Who doesn't take a first vehicle for $750 lol. Thanks guys.

- Dawson

How many KM does the vehicle have on it?

I echo the others - I would avoid dumping money to cosmetically modify a vehicle that old - especially if it has a ton of KM's on it.

Save the money you were going to spend on it, and put it into a fund for future necessary repairs.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

How many KM does the vehicle have on it?

I echo the others - I would avoid dumping money to cosmetically modify a vehicle that old - especially if it has a ton of KM's on it.

Save the money you were going to spend on it, and put it into a fund for future necessary repairs.

180k not that bad of kilo's. I have two separate accounts, one to modify the vehicle, the other to save.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

Can you recommend me any exhausts?

With no experience of this particular car I couldn't tell you. 

زندگی از چراغ

@Being Delirious Check your state laws (you can probably google it) some states dont have any laws, some states are royal F$%^&*g a$$&^*#$ in my G^%&$*# D*%^ F^*%&$ pieces of s%&^ (as you can tell I'm mad about it) because NY has very strict laws and made me take tint off my vehicle i bought in a different stae where darker tint was legal (I'm only allowed to have 70% all around)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

10 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

With no experience of this particular car I couldn't tell you. 

Straight pipe or exhaust delete would be his best choice

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

@Being Delirious

If you need any technical information about this car then just send a message to me and I'll try and get hold of the information for you. I'm studying level 2 vehicle maintenance at college and in the workshop we have this program on a laptop called Autodata that shows in-depth technical information and I would get the information from this program, if you do want me to send you technical information just make sure you include the VIN code in the message (makes things so much easier). 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I was closest 

@wcreek I'm assuming its the stop one

ANYWAYS

@Being Delirious Check your state laws (you can probably google it) some states dont have any laws, some states are royal F$%^&*g a$$&^*#$ in my G^%&$*# D*%^ F^*%&$ pieces of s%&^ (as you can tell I'm mad about it) because NY has very strict laws and made me take tint off my vehicle i bought in a different stae where darker tint was legal (I'm only allowed to have 70% all around

Just put it back on after every inspection? If the cops pull you over, just say it stock like that.

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

Just put it back on after every inspection? If the cops pull you over, just say it stock like that.

That's a PITA to do every single year. I'd rather just not have to think about it. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That's a PITA to do every single year. I'd rather just not have to think about it. 

Eh, i guess i see your point. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

5 hours ago, wcreek said:

Straight pipe or exhaust delete would be his best choice

Why even.. just don't touch the exhaust.... it's a fucking equinox. Not something really nice. I'm in gr 12, and drive an echo. you don't need to "fit in" people at my school "haha you own an echo" yeah bitch I pay $50 to drive 600km... and this it at 110.0/L...

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

21 minutes ago, Jrock said:

Why even.. just don't touch the exhaust.... it's a fucking equinox. Not something really nice. I'm in gr 12, and drive an echo. you don't need to "fit in" people at my school "haha you own an echo" yeah bitch I pay $50 to drive 600km... and this it at 110.0/L...

I was being sarcastic lol forgot to do a /s

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

29 minutes ago, Jrock said:

The way most high school boy racers drive, they'd probably wind up off the road on anything that isn't an airplane runway. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Honestly don't spend it on exterior mods. If it were my car, I'd take that money and put it towards a pretty good sound system, including tweeters, door speakers, stereo, amp, and subs. Make your audio so much better and it's worth it. Plus, when you sell the car, you can keep all that audio equipment and use it in your next car if they fit.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D