How do I know if the fan of my PSU works?

khazad

I just built my new PC and the PSU is a EVGA supernova g2 650, and I think that one of its features is that the fan just spin when the PSU is getting hot, so how do I know If it came broken?

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

Load your CPU and GPU with a stressing utility and listen to the PSU. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

6 minutes ago, khazad said:

I just built my new PC and the PSU is a EVGA supernova g2 650, and I think that one of its features is that the fan just spin when the PSU is getting hot, so how do I know If it came broken?

Defective fans are rare. There is really not a lot to go wrong in the manufacturing process of pc fans. Besides, EVGA has good quality control and probably tested the fan before it was installed in the psu houseing. 

15 minutes ago, khazad said:

There's a switch to disable the ECO function. Turn it off and fan should spin. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

7 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

Defective fans are rare. There is really not a lot to go wrong in the manufacturing process of pc fans. Besides, EVGA has good quality control and probably tested the fan before it was installed in the psu houseing. 

Alright thanks!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | MB: Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16Gb 3200Mhz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce | Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | SSD: Crucial MX300 275Gb | HDD: WD Black 2Tb | Monitor: LG 27GL83A

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

There's a switch to disable the ECO function. Turn it off and fan should spin. 

Ugh that switch is inside the case and I don't wanna open it because my cable management is a mess lol

just shut down and restart your pc , the psu fan should spin to remove accumulated dust

3x 128GB Samsung PM961 M.2 (2x Kryom PCI-E M.2 by Aqua Computer) on windows os raid and 1x PM961 as os Host on the motherboard m.2 slot
+ 250GB Samsung 850 EVO
+ 7200RPM Seagate 1 Terabyte HDD
  • PSU
    seasonic 750 prime platinum Active PFC F3
  • Cooling
    Noctua NH-D15S (original fan replaced by an Noctua 140mm industrialPPC-2000 IP67 PWM + Steel 140mm fan guard)
  • Keyboard
    Cherry MX Board 6.0 ISOANSI + Vector/Tai keycaps+ Landing pads + O-rings
  • Mouse
    BenQ Zowie EC2-A White Edition
  • Sound
    Edirol Roland UA-25EX + Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 x64 (Enterprise) SP1, OpenSUSE, Remnux

17 minutes ago, khazad said:

Ugh that switch is inside the case and I don't wanna open it because my cable management is a mess lol

It's a modular PSU bro. You can cable manage that thing with your brain turned off.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

It's a modular PSU bro. You can cable manage that thing with your brain turned off.

Haha yeah i know, i need a sata extender because i'm using an ssd and a hdd, and they're not close because if the design of the s340, so i'm using two sata cables right now.