GYM time !

Rudy. K.

whats your gym routine? what are your highest lifts ? i just want to know how much nerds like myself lift.

I don't go to the gym or lift, but holding the plank has become a sort of routine for me. I was barely able to hold a minute a few months ago, and I can now easily hold over three minutes, and likely even four. 

My school has a fitness room, and they have a free program that runs in the afternoons, so I'm planning on hitting it up soon. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

I work construction. The job site is my dojo. Steel studs and tools are my weights.

Pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 9/16/2017 at 5:42 AM, hey_yo_ said:

I like doing dips for the triceps. 3 sets 10 reps 

do you add any weight ? i know they are good for lower chest too. Mostly don't do them myself, i prefer decline bench (80kg 3 sets 8 reps).

On 9/16/2017 at 5:49 AM, Drak3 said:

I work construction. The job site is my dojo. Steel studs and tools are my weights.

Pyo.

yeah, that was my summer job. As a student i mostly had to get heavy stuff from one place to another... not as fun as the gym, but still something. Some times even better for deep muscles, you know, the useful ones.

On 9/16/2017 at 5:24 AM, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I don't go to the gym or lift, but holding the plank has become a sort of routine for me. I was barely able to hold a minute a few months ago, and I can now easily hold over three minutes, and likely even four. 

My school has a fitness room, and they have a free program that runs in the afternoons, so I'm planning on hitting it up soon. 

awesome! Can't do resistance training myself, lazy as hell and just "can't". most i can do is 2 min. 

10 minute warmup on treadmill or bike

Leg Press 270 lbs - 10 reps 3 sets

25 lbs bell and 30 lbs bar for preacher curl - 5 reps 4 sets

Leg extensions 70 lbs

Chest Press machine 100 lbs

Ab machine - 165 lbs

Usually go when I have time. School is just consuming my life right now. Thanks numerical analysis. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

3 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

10 minute warmup on treadmill or bike

Leg Press 270 lbs - 10 reps 3 sets

25 lbs bell and 30 lbs bar for preacher curl - 5 reps 4 sets

Leg extensions 70 lbs

Chest Press machine 100 lbs

Ab machine - 165 lbs

Usually go when I have time. School is just consuming my life right now. Thanks numerical analysis. 

AWESOOMMEE ! 

I don't do cardio at the beginning. just not my thing

Bench: 220 lbs 1 rep max.

Squat: 260 lbs 1 rep max.

Curl:  100 lbs 8 reps 3 sets.

Tricep Pushdown: 121 lbs for 10 reps 3 sets

Advice:

Disclaimer. I'm no "pro",  just sharing what i've learned this past year and what my friend (a huge dude, can bench like 300lbs and squats 370) has taught.

Try to do squats, i know that leg press is enticing ,all those plates and looks cool, but squats are more of a better compound exercise. In squats you use your core, back, quads triceps(legs), calves and you train your balance. i have skipped leg day myself, but after half a year at the gym i can squat 260lbs and leg press is good but try to use one leg.

And one more thing... well 3 actually. BENCH SQUAT DEADLIFT, the holy trinity ! try to implement those in your training session .

i suggest you try your max/personal bests on these lifts , they are more well known and they use more muscles, whereas the machines are meant more for isolating muscles, after all , they first were intended for rehab.

Have great lfts... vro !

On 9/15/2017 at 8:49 PM, Drak3 said:

That's really ideal, kill two birds with one stone :P Otherwise you have to take extra time out of your day to work out after you're done at your job.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 9/15/2017 at 7:50 PM, Rudy. K. said:

what are your highest lifts 

About seven and a half feet, given I'm 6'3

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

That's really ideal, kill two birds with one stone :P Otherwise you have to take extra time out of your day to work out after you're done at your job.

Plus, I get a meaningful workout, pyo.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I do this thing called rock climbing and its much fun than gym so... :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Work out full body everyday for 30 minutes using some dumbbells. 

System: Thinkpad T460

Cutting so basically I only made gains through my central nervous system and not muscle much, and I hit my limit there, so now I just maintain those lift weights until I can bulk for the first time sometime next year.

7 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

power clean or snatch ?

7 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

I do this thing called rock climbing and its much fun than gym so... :D 

cool cool, i do gymnastics... and freerunung, and parkour. love rock climbing !

7 hours ago, Rudy. K. said:

power clean or snatch ?

joke.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I'm doing the Starting Strength routine. It's basically compound lifts 3 sets of 5 reps. You add 5 pounds each workout, and progress quite nicely. At the moment, I have a hip injury, so I don't know what my current lifts are. My best lifts however are:

Squat: 300lbs 1RM

Bench: 220lbs 1RM

Deadlift: 330lbs 1RM

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

i have gym every day because school

here, compare yourself to a 13 year old kid at 110 pounds

30KG right hand

29KG left hand

5.5 beep test thing

1:30m plank

3 push ups

46 sit ups (1m)

Spoiler

people say gym makes you not depressed but it makes me more depressed xDxDxDxDxD

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.