The LTT Team diversity problem.

Max_HappyPanda

I would like to convey my deepest concern on this controversial topic. The Linus Tech Tips team only consists of prviliged races ( White/Caucasian, Asian). Why do we not include people from African or Middle Eastern decent? I think this would be a better representation of the people viewing your videos. And also very important for the younger audiance to not get a wrong view of the demographics of our society. So my question to you would be. How are you guys going to improve the diversity?

Friendly Greetings,

Max

1 minute ago, Max_HappyPanda said:

I would like to convey my deepest concern on this controversial topic. The Linus Tech Tips team only consists of prviliged races ( White/Caucasian, Asian). Why do we not include people from African or Middle Eastern decent? I think this would be a better representation of the people viewing your videos. And also very important for the younger audiance to not get a wrong view of the demographics of our society. So my question to you would be. How are you guys going to improve the diversity?

Friendly Greetings,

Max

Usually, the people working for LinusMediaGroup are the ones that apply for jobs. Somebody of a middle eastern or african race would have to apple for a job to get it. Since the company is private, we don't know who has applied, except for the ones who have jobs.

i like trains 🙂

i really hope your trolling but anyways going out of your way to hire other races and genders is sexiest/racist 

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Just now, Vernw3 said:

i really hope your trolling but anyways going out of your way to hire other races and genders is sexiest/racist 

I am not trolling... These issues are very important. If certain societal groups have a more difficult path to follow, it is normal they do not get the same positions who is priviliged. It would be a needed correction.

Just now, Max_HappyPanda said:

I am not trolling... These issues are very important. If certain societal groups have a more difficult path to follow, it is normal they do not get the same positions who is priviliged. It would be a needed correction.

You really think that Linus hires people based on their race? If they need to hire someone and he/she is qualified for the job, he/she will get it.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Hehe

Hehehe

Hehehehehehehe

Asians = Privileged now.

People do not choose the environment they are born in. Your surroundings in childhood can be decisive to what jobs you can get later in life. See this study on the cultural differences: https://psmag.com/social-justice/asian-americans-excel-academics-80840

9 minutes ago, Max_HappyPanda said:

Friendly Greetings,

Max

So one of our current members created another account a few minutes ago just to make this thread?  Nicely done.

One should not be picked over someone else because of color if a white guy is more qualified then another race the white gu should get the job its not fair to the people who lose a job because some less qualified stole it from them bc they were another race/gander

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

Just now, Max_Settings said:

SJWs....ruin everything for no reason.

You are implying that having people from African or Middle Eastern descent ruins the LTT team?

So all of a sudden it's LTT's fault that not as many "minorities" apply for their jobs?

It's not LTT's fault that this is just how it is. If minorities that were qualified for the positions LTT needs people for, I have no doubt that LTT would be willing to hire them. But the fact of the matter is that these are minorities and so THERE ALREADY IS less of them which makes them less likely fill positions.

Why should LTT hire less qualified individuals due to their race? Isn't that in and of itself racist of LTT to essentially exclude white and asian people?

2 minutes ago, Max_HappyPanda said:

You are implying that having people from African or Middle Eastern descent ruins the LTT team?

No, he's saying that there's no reason LTT should go out of their way to hire less qualified people because of their race, which is racist.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

3 minutes ago, Max_HappyPanda said:

How did you get that from what he said? 

This is the one forum I thought I was safe from SJW's... Guess not huh.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Just now, done12many2 said:

It's what he wanted to hear.

Couldn't have said that better myself

1 minute ago, cliftonr31 said:

How did you get that from what he said? 

SJWs understand what they want to understand ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

You know that when they hired Dennis, they actually had to prove to the Canadian Government they didn't hire him just for his race? There are laws against this stupid kind of thing, the reason you hire somebody is not for looks, but they skills they provide. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

People do not choose the environment they are born in. Your surroundings in childhood can be decisive to what jobs you can get later in life. See this study on the cultural differences: https://psmag.com/social-justice/asian-americans-excel-academics-80840

I'll pass on your article and just say this

On a WAN show They discussed the hiring proccess for Dennis, a Taiwan native who came to work for LTT, and they had to go through the Canadian Government and answer a host of questions about XYZ, "why are you hiring him and not someone else?" and they had to give a list of answers of reasons why or why not they felt that Dennis was the best candidate. They hire by qualification, not by color, race, country origin or sex. 

You are implying that having people from African or Middle Eastern decent ruins the LTT team?

He's implying you coming in here and calling for diversity in a company that has less than 20 people ruins your argument because your scope is so narrow. "How are you guys going to improve the diversity?" They wont because it's not an issue (here)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

TBH, this thread is probably getting locked soon xD 

This includes flame wars such as NVIDIA vs AMD, political or religious debate.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, DocSwag said:

So all of a sudden it's LTT's fault that not as many "minorities" apply for their jobs?

It's not LTT's fault that this is just how it is. If minorities that were qualified for the positions LTT needs people for, I have no doubt that LTT would be willing to hire them. But the fact of the matter is that these are minorities and so THERE ALREADY IS less of them which makes them less likely fill positions.

Why should LTT hire less qualified individuals due to their race? Isn't that in and of itself racist of LTT to essentially exclude white and asian people?

No, he's saying that there's no reason LTT should go out of their way to hire less qualified people because of their race, which is racist.

We need to correct the discrimination that has been historically done.

Scholarships that are only for minoritites are a common practice in the USA ... https://www.fastweb.com/directory/scholarships-for-african-american-students

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

You know that when they hired Dennis, they actually had to prove to the Canadian Government they didn't hire him just for his race? There are laws against this stupid kind of thing, the reason you hire somebody is not for looks, but they skills they provide. 

Ninja'd :( 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Scholarships that are only for minoritites are a common practice in the USA ... https://www.fastweb.com/directory/scholarships-for-african-american-students

You can post as many links as you like. It doenst mean we will click on them and doesnt make it any more creditable

Yeah and guess what, LTT is in Canada not the US...

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1. It's not that simple
  2. Canada =/= US