EK XRES Revo D5 pump does not start

Go to solution Solved by achow101,

Update: I got the original molex cable for my power supply and that has fixed the problem. The pump runs now.

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

Just as a sanity check, can you try to plug into SATA1 instead, the pinouts of those are usually the same.

Done, same issue, nothing happens.

1 hour ago, achow101 said:

Done, same issue, nothing happens.

I couldn't find any pinout diagrams for the GQ unfortunately, but I am confident that the pinout is not the same as G2 since there are plenty of threads saying that custom cables for the G2 power supplies are not compatible with the GQ series. This is likely why your pump is not starting. Simple.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3089960/evga-series-psu-cables-cross-compatible.html

35 minutes ago, For Science! said:

I couldn't find any pinout diagrams for the GQ unfortunately, but I am confident that the pinout is not the same as G2 since there are plenty of threads saying that custom cables for the G2 power supplies are not compatible with the GQ series. This is likely why your pump is not starting. Simple.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3089960/evga-series-psu-cables-cross-compatible.html

Ok. Thank you. I am working on getting the original cables for the PSU and I will report back once I get them and try them.

Update: I got the original molex cable for my power supply and that has fixed the problem. The pump runs now.