The best gun in BF4

lachyman

What do you think is the best gun in BF4, i.e. the one you would choose to use as a competitive player? Also say why do you think so, what do you like about the gun, the pros and cons, and name the attachments you would pick.

For me, it's the L85A2. I find it the most universal gun in the whole game. It's got 800RPM, so it will do great in close quaters. On top of that, it's bullpup, so the hipfire is just amazing. On medium range, some bursts will do and from my experience the recoil and accuracy is similiar to ACE 23 and HK416. It's only con would be reload time. I use the gun with RDS sight (currently reflex, trying to unlock coyote), green laser (even better hipfire), muzzle brake (less vertical recoil) and potato grip to neutralize the negative effect of the the muzzle brake. Works the best for me. What's your favorite?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

m415/ sg553

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

ACW-R with Coyote, Laser sight, Muzzle brake, and Angled grip. I don't have everything unlocked so my the best gun for me may change in the future. But so far ACW-R is for me the best all around weapon. 

It has very low recoil, good accuracy, high rpm and decent damage. It's great in very close, close, medium range. Good in far range. Decent in very far range.

I haven't had time to unlock and try a ton of different guns, but I've been doing extremely well with the ACR at close/medium ranges. Not a lot of accuracy at longer ranges, but up close the fast rate of fire shreds targets to pieces.. I just unlocked the AEK recently and that one also is a buzzsaw close up..

I have the most total kills with the M416 at the moment, because it's just a very good all-around weapon.

I don't know what it is about BF4, but I haven't been able to shoot accurately.. I maintained close to 21% accuracy overall in BF3, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting 15% with the assault rifles in BF4..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

MG4 especially at medium ranges.. just dominates the battle with 200 ammo per magazine :D

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

If I were to do competitive I wouldn't be playing BF4.

But anyway I would say the ACE 23 is the most versatile gun, it has excellent accuracy, controllable recoil, and a high rate of fire. Hipfire is a little lackluster but the high rate of fire will save your life anyway unless you are against a PDW or AEK. As for attachments it really depends what you want to do with the gun. If you want to play make the gun a close quarters gun stick an ergo grip and laser, if you want to dominate at mid range put a stubby grip and muzzle break, or if you want to something with range go without a barrel attachment and use either any grip since they will all help you a lot.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

SG553 beats all assault rifles tbh. It's a real nice gun. I started off with the QBZ from the campaign though, that's pretty decent too.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

The ACE guns are pretty strong they are getting used alot in competetive play.

Though ACR-W is also pretty good

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

ACE, M416, AeK

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

ACE23 OP.

I'm really liking the L96A1 atm. No particular reason as it just brings me back to the golden AWPing days. I've played with every sniper rifle so far and, aside from the default CN 6X and RU 7x scopes, they're all pretty decent (I also really like the Scout Elite and JNG90; FY-JS for it saccuracy. Except for the M82 in any form; the things just doesn't behave well with the current netcode.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Yeah currently with Assault I am using the ACE23 its very good.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Ace 23 because as you said it has a really low recoil, I use it with coyote('cause it's cool), laser sight (Because hip fire ftw), potato grip (Because potato (and accuracy)), and Flash hider (Because I can control the recoil very well without the muzzle brake, and I don't want to reduce my accuracy, but the recoil with the heavy barrel is ridiculous)

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I take pity on the people I fight so I use the ACE-23 in most cases but my favorite is the ACW-R. I only use it when someone's pissing me off or my K/D is low.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

What do you think is the best gun in BF4, i.e. the one you would choose to use as a competitive player? Also say why do you think so, what do you like about the gun, the pros and cons, and name the attachments you would pick.

For me, it's the L85A2. I find it the most universal gun in the whole game. It's got 800RPM, so it will do great in close quaters. On top of that, it's bullpup, so the hipfire is just amazing. On medium range, some bursts will do and from my experience the recoil and accuracy is similiar to ACE 23 and HK416. It's only con would be reload time. I use the gun with RDS sight (currently reflex, trying to unlock coyote), green laser (even better hipfire), muzzle brake (less vertical recoil) and potato grip to neutralize the negative effect of the the muzzle brake. Works the best for me. What's your favorite?

The L85A2 is going to get patched because it has the default assault rifle settings. Thats why its so darn good. I would go with the ACE 23 or the AK5C. Both weapons are really easy to manage and they have good rate of fires without extreme kickback like the AEK. I normally would just attach the Coyote sight, with the green laser sight (I turn it on and off depending on the situation), with the angled foregrip and a muzzle brake. I try to minimize vertical recoil as much as possible that way I can manage myself at all ranges and the laser sight gives me a little more comfort room in close quarters with a high-med rate of fire.  

rawr!! I'm a ferret!

I really like the MP7. It is terrible at long range, but up close it shreds people to pieces. Equip a silencer or flash hider an you are perfect for flanking :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Short range: MP7 or FAMAS

Medium range: AEK 971 or ACE23

Long range: any sniper :P

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015