Best case manufacturers

bhcool12

I want to hear, in your opinion, what is your favorite case manufacturer and why.

• Rosewill
  • Xion
  • Zalman

On a serious note

• Phanteks
  • NZXT
  • Corsair 
  • Fractal Design
  • Thermaltake

Depends on what type of case you want.

There are dozens of good quality case manufacturers.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

If you want high end, Lian Li and Case Labs. For price to performance, Fractal and Phanteks. NZXT if you want that gamer aesthetic. 

I like Rosewill for their wide variety of looks and sizes for different budgets including server cases.

Fractal would be my second choice for variety and exceptional workmanship.

Lastly, I'd pick Phanteks and, unfortunately, Corsair for having a very prominent "center-piece" feel to their cases.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

12 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

On a serious note

• Phanteks
  • NZXT
  • Corsair 
  • Fractal Design
  • Thermaltake

I support this, might also add be quiet! cases as well. These tend to be the most consistent. Cooler Master and Lian li both make good cases but there's also a lot of duds too scattered in their sku's (lian li due to price mostly)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

In Win cause I have one of theirs and it's stunning ;-)

They are the Rolls Royce of computer cases (at least the signature cases) - not practical, arguably overpriced and hardly the best when it comes to specs but damn if it's not good to look at one with hard tubing custom waterloop and color coordinated. 

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

How can Zalman be in "favourite case group?" It's like saying that "Honda Civic is the car that you're dreaming all your life"

To me, in no particular order: Caselabs, LianLi and probably Silverstone. Followed by Phanteks, Fractal and NZXT.

I just love Corsair cases. Specially the fact that u have compatibility with a huge line of accesories. I use the air 740 for my current build and absolutly love it. lots of room, great cable management, not so good air filters, and it looks awesome

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :D

15 hours ago, TLN said:

How can Zalman be in "favourite case group?" It's like saying that "Honda Civic is the car that you're dreaming all your life"

To me, in no particular order: Caselabs, LianLi and probably Silverstone. Followed by Phanteks, Fractal and NZXT.

The above post that included Rosewill, Zalman and Xion was being humorous. The "on a serious note" was the real list of what the poster believes are the best quality case manufacturers. I can attest to NZXT cases. I am building a new system and I put an NZXT case in my signature setup because I put in a AIO liquid cooler. I have a lot of dust in my house and I couldn't find any dust in my case after 5 months in my NZXT S340. 

I have used Nzxt but I plan on doing Fractal for my next build.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

caselabs still, but very expensive. everything else is atleast "tier2" xD

And its easy to say why. NO PLASTIC, NO RIVETS. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

5 hours ago, DarkSmith2 said:

caselabs still, but very expensive. everything else is atleast "tier2" xD

And its easy to say why. NO PLASTIC, NO RIVETS. 

This!

Otherwise in no particular order:

Corsair

NZXT

Phanteks

Fractal Design

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.