A sad video, and a content creator YouTube problem.

@Slick

Just watched this today. I watch this guy's videos a lot. He's got a good formula, but he's been struggling ever since the YouTube demonitization issue.

He's done a few "rant" videos, but the rest of his content is pretty solid. He's trying to change his formula to fit in with the YouTube policies, but it's affecting his content now.

I know you guys aren't there to "rescue" people, but I do feel for the guy. I've been watching him since 2011. Anyway, I mentioned it in the Floatplane suggestions/content thread, but his channels are MxR Mods and MxR Plays.

So, simple questions: Would this be appropriate content for Floatplane?

about luke?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

about luke?

No no, just a tag. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Didn't intend it to seem that way.

27 minutes ago, f688xt6 said:

So, simple questions: Would this be appropriate content for Floatplane?

if the guy has fans willing to pay, yes, not sure slick will let just anyone in. 

havent watched his stuff in a while, but i loved his skyrim mod videos.

great personality.

whats happening with him? (at work and cant check his stuff)

honestly i dont think he'd be a good fit for floatplane though. especially since they were talking about only putting people they know and trust a lot on the platform first

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

1 minute ago, LinusTech said:

I reached out.

Thank you sir. I appreciate it.

15 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

havent watched his stuff in a while, but i loved his skyrim mod videos.

great personality.

whats happening with him? (at work and cant check his stuff)

honestly i dont think he'd be a good fit for floatplane though. especially since they were talking about only putting people they know and trust a lot on the platform first

This was the video I watched. For some reason I couldn't post it earlier.

7 minutes ago, f688xt6 said:

This was the video I watched. For some reason I couldn't post it earlier.

im still at work lol  and cant watch it.

got a summary? lol

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

5 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

im still at work lol  and cant watch it.

got a summary? lol

Basically he's trying to change his content to work within YouTube's program, and it's not working. No matter what he tries. He's frustrated, and you can see it plain as day on his face. They're only allowing monetization on his streaming videos, and he's not thrilled about the prospect of converting to a full streaming channel. Every video he uploads no matter how much content he scrubs in editing, gets demonitized as fast as a day or two. Even his IRL videos with Jeannie are being affected. It's sad really.
He tries to stay positive like in most of his videos, but you can read between the lines on this one.

Edited by f688xt6
added a thought

5 minutes ago, f688xt6 said:

Basically he's trying to change his content to work within YouTube's program, and it's not working. No matter what he tries. He's frustrated, and you can see it plain as day on his face. They're only allowing monetization on his streaming videos, and he's not thrilled about the prospect of converting to a full streaming channel. Every video he uploads no matter how much content he scrubs in editing, gets demonitized as fast as a day or two. Even his IRL videos with Jeannie are being affected. It's sad really.
He tries to stay positive like in most of his videos, but you can read between the lines on this one.

ahh that makes sense. a lot of his mods arent "advertiser friendly" so i can imagine them getting de-monetized really quickly"

|Specs in profile|

Just now, Tsuki said:

ahh that makes sense. a lot of his mods arent "advertiser friendly" so i can imagine them getting de-monetized really quickly"

If it was only the mods, that would be fine. But it's almost everything that he does, besides streaming, or if he circumvents the word filters.

poor dude. 

Got sued by another "mod author" for featuring a mod in his yt video. Didn't have the money to defend himself so he had to comply. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case