How many of you think that safari's bookmark should look like chromes?

59a924c2c515d_ScreenShot2017-09-01at5_04_16PM.png.1bade85350069dcb2815e91e80a7bb2a.png

I really enjoy using safari on mac... it is so snappy and the typography on it is better than chrome. And not even mention that it is buttery smooth. 

The only thing I couldn't get used to is the bookmark bar... text only??? Come on.... 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I have used safari before, but it wasnt snappy due to my crappy internet connection but the Imac's st my school have safari on them and I think its very snappy when it comes to general web browsing. I also think that the loading times are better when using safari, but it also does depend on your internet connection. Since I use Windows, I use chrome, and the functionality of using chrome in terms of the quick access apps tab, is great for someone like me who only watches youtube and checks emails as well other things as well.

1 minute ago, TheBeastPC said:

Safari is faster than chrome. Period. And high sierra is gonna improve safari's responsiveness even more. I remembered (maybe?) a year ago chrome deleted a lot of its redundant code as well as un-optimized icons and animations and such. It is a lot faster now.

I am using chrome more often because I need to use the dev tools it provides... And when it comes to coding, chrome is the way to go... among coders no one uses safari.. 

5 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

Also chrome runs funny on my 2017 macbook pro..... =.= 

I think google haven't got the time to optimize their code for new hardware apple put out... 

i used safari for about six months last year. I found it less usable than chrome for a number of reasons. i dont think I would ever go back to using it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

26 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

i used safari for about six months last year. I found it less usable than chrome for a number of reasons. i dont think I would ever go back to using it

24 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

Are you one of those people who really hated apple?? Or I am mistaking you with someone else? 

There are a group of people here at this forum realllllyyyyyy disliked apple stuff... as soon as they see apple, they just jump out of their chair and yell satan. 

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

Are you one of those people who really hated apple?? Or I am mistaking you with someone else? 

There are a group of people here at this forum realllllyyyyyy disliked apple stuff... as soon as they see apple, they just jump out of their chair and yell satan. 

i have never unjustifiably hated on apple. I have only exercised my free speech to criticise the poor hardware updates.

3 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

According your posting history I can't say that I am surprised. 

what post history is that?

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Just now, SCHISCHKA said:

i have never unjustifiably hated on apple. I have only exercised my free speech to criticise the poor hardware updates.

what post history is that?

not sure whether you are the one... nvm... me being rude only :/ 

1 hour ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Safari is faster than chrome. Period.

Source? Mozilla's tests shows Chrome and Safari being very close in terms of JS performance.

I am using chrome more often because I need to use the dev tools it provides... And when it comes to coding, chrome is the way to go... among coders no one uses safari.. 

What tools are you missing?

I think google haven't got the time to optimize their code for new hardware apple put out... 

What optimizations? There are no custom optimizations that needs to be done for the new hardware.

1 minute ago, LAwLz said:

Source? Mozilla's tests shows Chrome and Safari being very close in terms of JS performance.

What tools are you missing?

What optimizations? There are no custom optimizations that needs to be done for the new hardware.

I said it is faster cos it feels faster... and the scrolling and everything is faster... I felt. 

I think during WWDC or something similar apple showed performance between safari and chrome. And it is faster. 

Really? Mine starting to have issues when playing videos. This new laptop had been giving me all kinds of small software issues.... =.= 

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Dev tools mostly. 

Chrome extensions like lighthouse and such. 

I would like icons but I'm Ok with text only. Keeps the top bar from being more flashy than it already is once I've customized it. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)