Xbox One X or New PC Build?

I can get a Xbox one x for $677(CAD) which is insane considering you can't even build a pc to compete with it in that price range. Now the reason im considering a console is because im tired of games not being optimized and being poorly ported to the pc like BO3 for example. Also dont wanna spend almost $1000 more just to build a pc which does literally the exact same thing as the xbox one x.(Rx 580) Would buying the new xbox really be that bad of an idea? NO BIAS ANWSERS PLEASE HAHA!xD

What's wrong with BO3? I had no trouble playing triple monitor (borderless) with it. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

What's wrong with BO3? I had no trouble playing triple monitor (borderless) with it. 

Texture issues, stuttering you need a card with like 4gb of vram just for comfortable gaming and this is call of duty were talking about...

You can build for 700 cad. A pretty good system, now with Covfefe Lake.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 minutes ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

I can get a Xbox one x for $677(CAD) which is insane considering you can't even build a pc to compete with it in that price range. Now the reason im considering a console is because im tired of games not being optimized and being poorly ported to the pc like BO3 for example. Also dont wanna spend almost $1000 more just to build a pc which does literally the exact same thing as the xbox one x.(Rx 580) Would buying the new xbox really be that bad of an idea? NO BIAS ANWSERS PLEASE HAHA!xD

Well, the Xbox One X still uses pretty old FX based CPU, and gets a kinda dumbed RX 580 it seems, more like a dumbed down RX 570, can't remember which, so the same statement still stands as it always has. 

PC for raw power and more unlimited mods etc, Console for that plug and play expereince and console exclusives and games that at least work, although the downloads and updates are getting insane at this point.

Yours faithfully

18 minutes ago, Hereby said:

Meh... My personal idea is to go onto ebay and buy a used Dell Optiplex with at least an i7 like this one: 

Then buy a new psu, bigger hard drive, more ram, and a gtx 1080 :)

I already have a pc with a i5-4460, Gtx 750ti and 8gb of ram.. just dont really wanna have to deal with pc issues like games not working properly and the overall cost of upgrading a pc.

17 minutes ago, JDE said:

You can build for 700 cad. A pretty good system, now with Covfefe Lake.

Doubt it.. a 580 is like $370 with taxes.

17 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Well, the Xbox One X still uses pretty old FX based CPU, and gets a kinda dumbed RX 580 it seems, more like a dumbed down RX 570, can't remember which, so the same statement still stands as it always has. 

PC for raw power and more unlimited mods etc, Console for that plug and play expereince and console exclusives and games that at least work, although the downloads and updates are getting insane at this point.

How do you know its a FX based processor. If they used a FX based processor wouldn't there be a huge bottleneck with the gpu.

Just now, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

How do you know its a FX based processor. If they used a FX based processor wouldn't there be a huge bottleneck with the gpu.

Not necessarily. The cores and software can be optimized to make much better use of them. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Not necessarily. The cores and software can be optimized to make much better use of them. 

Wow I did not know that.

Just don’t expect too much great things.

Yes, the GPU is north of 6TFLOPS in compute, but we should know to never judge a GPU’s complete performance just based on its TFLOPS.

The Xbox One X is a fine console, especially if you can get one on a good deal. But honestly, I think your rig would most definitely benefit from a GPU upgrade, even to a 1050 Ti. That being said, if you just want to go couch gaming, the Xbox is the better fit.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Reading your replies, you don't seem like you want to build a PC. Get an Xbox. If you don't love building PCs then you won't love building a PC and you'll be better served by just getting a console. 

Well, the Xbox One X still uses pretty old FX based CPU,

yes, its a huge bottleneck but optimizations, it doesn't matter much, hopefully ryzen will come to the next generations of consoles. 

dumbed RX 580 it seems, more like a dumbed down RX 570, can't remember which, so the same statement still stands as it always has. 

no, a suped up rx580, 6tflops of performance, 6Tflops on consoles will go farther than a similarly specced pc due to optimizations.  

25 minutes ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

can't even build a pc to compete with it in that price range.

Used parts ?

22 minutes ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

Texture issues, stuttering you need a card with like 4gb of vram just for comfortable gaming and this is call of duty were talking about...

That's a universal issue, BO3 was poorly optimized, full stop.  It ran like trash at 720p/900p as well. (The consoles)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

no, a suped up rx580, 6tflops of performance, 6Tflops on consoles will go farther than a similarly specced pc.  

Just note that TFLOPS is a measure of compute performance.

It’s useful for miners and even for gamers in terms of stuff such as shader performance. But in the grand scheme of things, it’s just one of the number of factors that go into overall GPU performance.

Take the Vega 64 for example. It has 12 TFLOPS and in theory, makes it more powerful than the GTX 1080, which was around 9 TFLOPS.

That is true in terms of compute performance, which is very useful in GPGPU applications. But in terms of gaming, it’s a different story. Of course, this is a console we’re talking about, so it has a number of advantages that tip the scale in its favor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Just note that TFLOPS is a measure of compute performance.

fun fact, with consoles Tfliops is an accurate measurement of performance due to optimizations, Devs can optimize for one platform or 5 this time ( Xbox one, Xbox one s, Xbox one X, ps4, ps4 pro), baseline hardware is the same. 

15 minutes ago, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

If you're a gamer and that's all you're interested in, then whenever the question of "Should I buy a console or a PC?" comes to mind, always always always buy a console.

Never heard someone put it more simply before in my entire life..

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

fun fact, with consoles Tfliops is an accurate measurement of performance due to optimizations, Devs can optimize for one platform or 5 this time ( Xbox one, Xbox one s, Xbox one X, ps4, ps4 pro) 

Hence, why I had to mention that consoles have some advantages.

AMD GPUs tend to be strong in compute.

2 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Take the Vega 64 for example. It has 12 TFLOPS and in theory, makes it more powerful than the GTX 1080, which was around 9 TFLOPS.

Lol yeah, 1080 ti "only" has 11.3 and yet there is a +30% difference between it and the Vega 64

11 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes, its a huge bottleneck but optimizations, it doesn't matter much, hopefully ryzen will come to the next generations of consoles. 

no, a suped up rx580, 6tflops of performance, 6Tflops on consoles will go farther than a similarly specced pc due to optimizations.  

11 minutes ago, SlaughterSmurf said:

Reading your replies, you don't seem like you want to build a PC. Get an Xbox. If you don't love building PCs then you won't love building a PC and you'll be better served by just getting a console. 

It's not that I dont wanna build a pc. I was ready to build a RX 580 build but why would I spend so much extra for a pc when it cant even compete with the xbox one x. Ya i'll be able to play my games in 1080p 60fps while the scorpio plays it 4k 30fps but still. 

1 minute ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

scorpio plays it 4k 30fps but still. 

Well do you have a 4k screen?  A 480 can handle 4k 30 fps easy.

8 minutes ago, Damascus said:

That's a universal issue, BO3 was poorly optimized, full stop.  It ran like trash at 720p/900p as well. (The consoles)

Low player count on pc? It ran pretty bad on console too but not nearly as bad as pc and I feel like its always like that for pc games. I want to get NBA 2k18 but that game is terrible on pc due to hackers. It's things like that that make me not want to build a pc. 

Just now, Damascus said:

Well do you have a 4k screen?  A 480 can handle 4k 30 fps easy.

I've heard apparently its better to have a 1080p screen because most scorpio games are upscaling instead of actually running native 4k. But no I dont have any 4k tvs or monitors.