Xbox One X or New PC Build?

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I do know if this becomes the new normal for GPU prices thanks to cryptomining I'm done with PC gaming once my 970 starts falling behind.

Honestly bro I'm just gonna wait it out for a bit. There's so many mixed opinions and choices I can make. I might end up building a PC I might go with a Scorpio. I think my best bet is to just wait at least until November for when the console actually comes out. Then i'll make a choice!! 

14 minutes ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

Honestly bro I'm just gonna wait it out for a bit. There's so many mixed opinions and choices I can make. I might end up building a PC I might go with a Scorpio. I think my best bet is to just wait at least until November for when the console actually comes out. 

Hopefully the market will look clearer at that time. Do you follow Digital Foundry's youtube channel? They're the ones Microsoft picked to do the first official debut of the console specs for XBox Scorpio a month or two before the formal reveal as the XBox One X at E3. They have some great analysis on what to expect out of the XBox One X. The tl;dr version is basically to expect a slightly better PS4 Pro. And while I love the Gears of War franchise and think Forza is awesome too, I don't think XBox compares that well to Playstation when it comes to exclusives, especially considering what Sony has already released for 2017 (namely Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, Nioh, Persona 5, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Yakuza 0) and what they look like they'll have for later in 2017 and in 2018 (Ni No Kuni II , Yakuza Kiwami, God of War, Days Gone, Yakuza 6). Though I have to add the caveat that NieR Automata and Ni No Kuni are out on or will come out on PC, just not XBox One. XBox has the sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest coming which should be awesome, and Cuphead on XBox could end up really good too, but it doesn't seem as strong a lineup IMO.

I wouldn't pay that much for a console, My ideal price point for a console is around $399-$449, $500(with tax) max. Anything more and I say go PC, unlike the good old days where consoles actually had majority of the good games as exclusives, nowadays most 3rd party triple A games are on everything so PC offers better value after a certain budget. Not saying don't buy consoles, I actually plan to buy a PS4 pro once it goes on sale so cost doesn't go over $500, just saying it's not worth it for nearly $700.

7 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Hopefully the market will look clearer at that time. Do you follow Digital Foundry's youtube channel? They're the ones Microsoft picked to do the first official debut of the console specs for XBox Scorpio a month or two before the formal reveal as the XBox One X at E3. They have some great analysis on what to expect out of the XBox One X. The tl;dr version is basically to expect a slightly better PS4 Pro. And while I love the Gears of War franchise and think Forza is awesome too, I don't think XBox compares that well to Playstation when it comes to exclusives, especially considering what Sony has already released for 2017 (namely Horizon Zero Dawn, NieR Automata, Nioh, Persona 5, Uncharted Lost Legacy, Yakuza 0) and what they look like they'll have for later in 2017 and in 2018 (Ni No Kuni II , Yakuza Kiwami, God of War, Days Gone, Yakuza 6). Though I have to add the caveat that NieR Automata and Ni No Kuni are out on or will come out on PC, just not XBox One. XBox has the sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest coming which should be awesome, and Cuphead on XBox could end up really good too, but it doesn't seem as strong a lineup IMO.

No way I would ever buy sony because I have no interest in there exclusives. Forza IMO is the best racing game series and the only exclusive game I actually care about out of both consoles. Ya I do follow Digital Trending on youtube its a great channel.

4 minutes ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

No way I would ever buy sony because I have no interest in there exclusives. Forza IMO is the best racing game series and the only exclusive game I actually care about out of both consoles. Ya I do follow Digital Trending on youtube its a great channel.

Well that makes the choice a no-brainer then lol.

12 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

yes, its a huge bottleneck but optimizations, it doesn't matter much, hopefully ryzen will come to the next generations of consoles. 

no, a suped up rx580, 6tflops of performance, 6Tflops on consoles will go farther than a similarly specced pc due to optimizations.  

The default RX 580 has 6.175 GFLOPs, so this chip is behind it. Take into account the overclock custom cards get, and it's still lagging behind. There is only so much optimisations can do, you can't make a 5 year old CPU architecture all that newer.

Yours faithfully

13 hours ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/3NHcpb]

That's the build I was gonna go with!

I like how you claim

I can get a Xbox one x for $677(CAD) which is insane considering you can't even build a pc to compete with it in that price range

Then add in over 400$ worth of reusable parts you already have and include a monitor when you didn't include a TV in the xbox price range. 

Actually the PC you can buy is cheaper than the Xbox. 

Also FYI i currently have an almost identical setup to you right now, Far Cry 4 60fps at 1050p on High on a 1gb 750ti canes a console any day. 

Also didn't factor in the fact you MUST pay for games on console whereas you can chose to pay for games on a case by case basis on pc.

Texture issues, stuttering you need a card with like 4gb of vram just for comfortable gaming and this is call of duty were talking about...

A 1050 Ti has that, and it's a cheap budget card. it's not some massive requirement only top cards have. And get a Switch, it's cheaper and you can play Zelda BOTW. :)

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

Also didn't factor in the fact you MUST pay for games on console whereas you can chose to pay for games on a case by case basis on pc.

Plus the PC community is active for way longer on PC, older games are often extensively modded, and servers stay alive longer. Plus you can up the settings a lot more on PC. For example, Battlefront II (2005) has no server support, but multiplayer is still alive and active through Gameranger and the like, it's got a massive modding community, and good luck trying to run it maxed out at 1080p 80fps (the frame cap) with AA and every resource hog settings on. plus a ton of mods, on a PS2. Which is about as blurry as rubbing mashed potatoes in your eye before playing.

TL;DR: The PC gaming community keeps games alive a lot longer and there are more customization options. 

P.S. And I got Battlefront 2015 for $5, since it's been out for almost 2 years now. And the servers are still alive and there's mods and all kinds of stuff. 

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

XBOX ONE X FTW. PC's suck :P pc's cost like $3000 and you need to get an alienware one for it to be decent. The XBOX One X is the only true 4K gayming machine. PC's can do 4k but its not on ur TV and everyone know TV's are more cinematic.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

2 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

XBOX ONE X FTW. PC's suck :P pc's cost like $3000 and you need to get an alienware one for it to be decent. The XBOX One X is the only true 4K gayming machine. PC's can do 4k but its not on ur TV and everyone know TV's are more cinematic.

Huh? Consoles are great, but building your own PC is awesome and lot cheaper than $3000, even for a 4K rig. And just plug it into your TV and away you go. 

Main PC 

11 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Huh? Consoles are great, but building your own PC is awesome and lot cheaper than $3000, even for a 4K rig. And just plug it into your TV and away you go. 

lies

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

With current prices I think you cannot do a better rig at 700 canadian. This is because 580/570 stuck is still affected by mining the closet in price/performance is a 1060 3gb and while people panic too much about it, once you consider storage, PSU and case even if cheap options you get pushed to 800.

It's a much nicer experience than the xbox one x mind you, but if you don't wanna wait and take advantage of Steam sales and such the xbone one x is actually not a bad deal at the price you quote.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 hours ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

I like how you claim

Then add in over 400$ worth of reusable parts you already have and include a monitor when you didn't include a TV in the xbox price range. 

Actually the PC you can buy is cheaper than the Xbox. 

Also FYI i currently have an almost identical setup to you right now, Far Cry 4 60fps at 1050p on High on a 1gb 750ti canes a console any day. 

750ti has 2gb of vram and how tf are you getting locked 60 at high settings. I play at 1050p too but im pretty sure the 750ti can't run farcry 4 at high at locked 60. It could barley do it on Farcry 3.

7 hours ago, lobster_zoidberg said:

What do you mean?

6 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

With current prices I think you cannot do a better rig at 700 canadian. This is because 580/570 stuck is still affected by mining the closet in price/performance is a 1060 3gb and while people panic too much about it, once you consider storage, PSU and case even if cheap options you get pushed to 800.

It's a much nicer experience than the xbox one x mind you, but if you don't wanna wait and take advantage of Steam sales and such the xbone one x is actually not a bad deal at the price you quote.

That's why I'm in a weird situation I wanna build a PC but can't even get my hands on a GPU. I might actually resort to getting a 1060 but I know deep down that I'm gonna regret that.

1 hour ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

750ti has 2gb of vram and how tf are you getting locked 60 at high settings. I play at 1050p too but im pretty sure the 750ti can't run farcry 4 at high at locked 60. It could barley do it on Farcry 3.

not all 750ti s have 2gb (https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/gtx-750-ti-1gb), mine has 1gb, run s everything nice and smoothly, gta V 720p at medium 60fps, far cry 3 1050p high 60fps, watch dogs 1 1050p high at 45fps. only difference between your current pc and mine is i have a 6400 cpu. 

1 hour ago, KyRiEiSaVaGe said:

What do you mean?

I mean evil scam companies like EA who try to charge people over 1000$ for games like the sims, i can 'obtain' their games without supporting them, while good developers like paradox who make cities skylines can be supported.