JayzTwoCents will no longer be accepting review samples from AMD, plans to buy his own units

Well Jay made a video on this now: Basically he walked back out of his hardcore stance and now is basically saying "Nobody knows" because of conflicting information:

Kudos for acknowledging he jumped the gun a bit. As usual he is fairly bad at tweeting and often goes off the handle, he seems to be far more reasonable when he has time to think and put things on video instead.

@Qub3d Might be worth updating the OP

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

"Nobody knows" because of conflicting information:

I think what's most concerning is how AMD is making minimal effort to provide clear and concise information. :/

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I think what's most concerning is how AMD is making minimal effort to provide clear and concise information. :/

They probably don't have concise information out of their production department to determine if they're gonna be able to keep up with demand at all: Obviously the release for some reason was jumped ahead and now well they're running around like a headless chicken figuring out when can they commit to certain supply that would more or less stabilize prices.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 8/21/2017 at 2:56 PM, dizmo said:

Someone's feisty. Have you bothered to look at a lot of the ITX boards? The better boards (Gigabyte) have issues with their VRMs and cooling. You can't run an AIO, and you need a specific type of air cooler to get the best performance.

They definitely aren't. They're not companies, they're divisions.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/amd-splits-in-two-meet-rtg-or-radeon-technologies-group-491346.shtml

Haha, pretty basic. Size. Having a huge tower on the desk bothers me, and I don't have room for it on the floor.

the AsRock boards look pretty good, they're also releasing an x370 board soon, but for the most part I agree with ITX on Ryzen being pretty fuckin shit

we've got what, the biostar shit boards, the gigabyte boards with problems, and asRock's boards.

lots of options /s 

idk

16 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

the AsRock boards look pretty good, they're also releasing an x370 board soon, but for the most part I agree with ITX on Ryzen being pretty fuckin shit

we've got what, the biostar shit boards, the gigabyte boards with problems, and asRock's boards.

lots of options /s 

AsRock's boards don't have the number of USB ports I'd require. They followed everyone else and went with 5.

Gigabyte went with an appropriate 8, however their board is unsuitable due to the heat issues.

AsRock even has H series Intel mITX boards with 8 USB ports...

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

AsRock's boards don't have the number of USB ports I'd require. They followed everyone else and went with 5.

Gigabyte went with an appropriate 8, however their board is unsuitable due to the heat issues.

AsRock even has H series Intel mITX boards with 8 USB ports...

just use hubs, I never really cared about lots of USB ports as I never really used em all on my current mobo

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

just use hubs, I never really cared about lots of USB ports as I never really used em all on my current mobo

I already have two of those incorporated, but I hate hubs. I'd rather not have a bunch of them all over the place when I can simply get a motherboard with the ones I require.

But as you say, you don't need them. I do ;)

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I already have two of those incorporated, but I hate hubs. I'd rather not have a bunch of them all over the place when I can simply get a motherboard with the ones I require.

But as you say, you don't need them. I do ;)

hey, different strokes for different folks 

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

just use hubs

Outside of a few docks, USB hubs suck for any long term usage for any device that is sensitive to latency. Having a board that has as many USBs that it can fit is a much better solution, or an mATX board and a USB controller.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Outside of a few docks, USB hubs suck for any long term usage for any device that is sensitive to latency. Having a board that has as many USBs that it can fit is a much better solution, or an mATX board and a USB controller.

anything that's sensitive to latency shouldn't be on a hub, they're perfect for like external HDDs and extra peripherals however

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

anything that's sensitive to latency shouldn't be on a hub, they're perfect for like external HDDs and extra peripherals however

Assuming that what you're doing with them isn't sensitive to latency. The hub in my Predator produces enough lag that my Ripsaw, being the only device connected, will be out of sync by a few seconds, as well as cause some stutter. Something I can replicate using my HD-500 dock as a straight USB hub on my desktop. Connect any device that has a data stream, and the Ripsaw goes from 60FPS recording, to barely being able to display 10-15FPS. File transfers can take twice as long to initiate.

None of these problems exist with my USB 3.0 expansion card, or using the HD-500 as a dock for my MacBook Pro.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Seems like a really overblown response from Jay tbh, but maybe that's because I've never looked at AMD as some kind of messiah company who can do no wrong, but instead as a corporation whose primary interest is making money and has a history of screwing customers over like every other corporation in history. From my view, this just looks like the straw that broke the camels back. 

Little over a month ago everyone boycotted Intel with their X299 platform, everyone hated on Novideo with all the high end card released in a row and now they are hating on AyyyMD. They always want someone to hate on and to boycot, it's just to drive up views.

No, I'm not defending AyyyMD with this move, but I'm just saying I feel like YouTubers are just making commotion for views. They will end up using some company's stuff later anyways.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Vega is rubbish but Jay is straight up garbage.

Well, at least he stopped wearing heavy make-up in his utoob videos.

6 hours ago, dexT said:

Vega is rubbish but Jay is straight up garbage.

Well, at least he stopped wearing heavy make-up in his utoob videos.

You can disagree with his opinions and dislike his content, but calling him "garbage" is unwarranted and weakens any opinion you might have on the topic. 

14 minutes ago, Gaming_Groove said:

You can disagree with his opinions and dislike his content, but calling him "garbage" is unwarranted and weakens any opinion you might have on the topic. 

OK cool.