Small matx case

Maxibob3
Go to solution Solved by Maxibob3,
1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Which is more important

Backpack

I need the smallest matx case you can get if possible a cube with support for a matx board and msi 970 gaming 4g and 165cm psu. Please the smallest

Small and matx don't really go together like itx would. Most matx cases are only slightly smaller than a regular tower.

I'd try looking at Silverstone to get a smallish matx case.

5 minutes ago, Maxibob3 said:

I need the smallest matx case you can get if possible a cube with support for a matx board and msi 970 gaming 4g and 165cm psu. Please the smallest

Backpack size?

Perhaps this case but it's got tempered glass so you'll have to be super careful

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fzNypg/lian-li-case-pco7s

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

16 minutes ago, Maxibob3 said:

if possible a cube

14 minutes ago, Maxibob3 said:

Also backpack size if possible 

Which is more important

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Which is more important

Backpack

My inwin 301 fits in my backpack but my backpack is ginormous 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Honestly I would get an itx board and then get one of Silverstone cases that takes itx mobo and atx everything else.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

Honestly I would get an itx board and then get one of Silverstone cases that takes itx mobo and atx everything else.

But it's so much more for am4 itx boards than matx

The Silverstone SG10 was the smallest MATX case I could find when I built my rig. I wouldn't say it's backpack sized, that is the preserve of the most compact mITX cases. But it does run cool and quiet, and has freakishly good dust filters.

Well, consider how much more an Mini-ITX board costs compared to the price fore a rare SFF µATX case …

If you really want one Cerberus might be your best bet at about 18l volume. Still nowhere near Node 202 or RVZ01/02/03 levels, let alone Zaber Sentry.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

9 hours ago, bowrilla said:

Well, consider how much more an Mini-ITX board costs compared to the price fore a rare SFF µATX case …

If you really want one Cerberus might be your best bet at about 18l volume. Still nowhere near Node 202 or RVZ01/02/03 levels, let alone Zaber Sentry.

Ok so if I go itx with an atx PSU whats the smallest I can get if I need a 280mm gpu

Why an ATX PSU? If you want to go small as in backpack sized you should look at SFX or SFX-L PSUs. Corsairs SF600 would be perfect for the job. It is possible to push beyond 450 or 500W of power consumption, but since you're looking at AM4 boards, Ryzen doesn't need THAT much power and your GTX 970 is nowhere near the power consumption levels of VEGA. An ATX PSU will make choosing a backpack sized case exceptionally harder. 

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!