Worth getting a PS3 today?

Gdourado

As someone who skipped the 6th console generation (PS2, XBOX, GC, DC) until well into the the 7th generation (PS3, 360, Wii), I can tell you, yes. It is worth it. I missed so many good games. I was also quite late to the 7th gen party too. This was back when I had to make a choice though. Now I have the money to buy dang near whatever I want. Except a Switch, but that's a supply problem. I can easily afford one. I just refuse to pay scalper prices.

The PS3 was host to many fantastic exclusives. Many did get ported to PS4 or even PC later, but looking at my PS3 library, I see gobs of games that are pretty much only available on it (with a few also being on the Vita). You will likely find something to make it worthwhile.

Now I will say there will probably be stretches where it may not get used. Don't worry about letting it sit. The number of people I've known that sold their systems because they weren't actively using them and then later regret it is ridiculous. If you worry you aren't playing it enough, go browse at a game store. Just don't make it a weekly activity with your roommate to go to every game store in the large college town you live in or else you will both wind up with WAY too much crap to play... Don't ask.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:35 PM, B16CXHatch said:

Now I will say there will probably be stretches where it may not get used. Don't worry about letting it sit. The number of people I've known that sold their systems because they weren't actively using them and then later regret it is ridiculous. If you worry you aren't playing it enough, go browse at a game store. Just don't make it a weekly activity with your roommate to go to every game store in the large college town you live in or else you will both wind up with WAY too much crap to play... Don't ask.

LOL my weekly activity was buying $5 top tier exclusives off the Playstation Store for my PS3 every Tuesday for months after getting my PS3 in January. Sadly the Playstation Store has hardly put any good PS3 games on those kind of sales since the big Midyear Sale in early July (where I must have bought maybe 10 games lol).