*ENTRIES CLOSED* *WINNERS UPDATED* Build a New Gaming Rig with Linus Tech Tips and ASUS ROG - ROG Rig Reboot

CPotter
3 hours ago, H0R53 said:

-snip-

Dang I agree

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

I can't afford a gtx 1050 let alone a new computer 

#RogRigReboot

====================
TIME LIMIT WAS TOO SHORT TO EXPLAIN SOME THINGS
====================
 - The first computer had an Athlon 64 dual-core, no video card.
 - My dad was unfortunately caught Christmas Eve (YES, CHRISTMAS EVE) 2 years ago, and we have no information on release.
 - Mom is still working almost all day even after she lost her first job. She does anything extra that she can for a little bit more money, mainly landscaping.

Honestly if I was chosen, I would probably cry.
QUICK NOTE: If I'm not chosen, it would be fantastic if I got any form of reply about how you would like to help or something.
Times have been seriously rough, and a new PC would just be amazing.

#ROGRigReboot Currently using this laptop to game on while editing videos for friends and doing graphic designing ... Maybe this is my lucky moment :D
All the footage was shot with my phone and edited on the laptop 

Intel Pentium 
3.2GB of RAM
Integrated Graphics
Broken screen in bottom right
500GB HDD at 5400rpm
SAVE ME

20 minutes ago, Vexlah said:

#ROGRigReboot Currently using this laptop to game on while editing videos for friends and doing graphic designing ... Maybe this is my lucky moment :D
All the footage was shot with my phone and edited on the laptop 

Intel Pentium 
3.2GB of RAM
Integrated Graphics
Broken screen in bottom right
500GB HDD at 5400rpm
SAVE ME

That sounds like my loptop

Here's my entry! Shes got a few gaming hours on her now, and has chewed through quite a few projects, but its about time to giver a little upgrade #ROGRigReboot

(yes those are triple slot cards) xDxDB|

2 minutes ago, 907rider said:

Here's my entry! Shes got a few gaming hours on her now, and has chewed through quite a few projects, but its about time to giver a little upgrade #ROGRigReboot

(yes those are triple slot cards) xDxDB|

That looks like a good pc mine has an AMD A6-1450 with integrated graphics and a 500g hard drive and 4gb of ddr3 ram

The cpu is at 1ghz 

well for starters I've been trying to save up for a good rig for over a year now, but its not going so well. So far I've got an Asus laptop that's close to two years old, with very good external peripherals, and an LG 29 inch monitor. the laptop has an intel core I5 6200u dual core possessor with hyper treading, 8 gigs of ddr3 laptop memory running at  1600 MHz, and an Nvidia 930m discrete graphics processor. i can barely run Minecraft at 30 fps, other games like tf2 run at sub 30 as well and most games are unplayable. I've always liked Asus gear, which is why i bought this laptop, and when i was buying a monitor i wanted an Asus 27 inch display but they were all out of my price range, and the only reason i got the Lg was because there was a clearance sale at bestbuy. I've always wanted to meat the LTT team and wanted to go to LTX but things didn't work out and i was extraordinary busy, this would be a once in a life time opportunity and i think i would really benefit from it, as well as be very great-full for it. good luck to everyone!

P.S. i am aware that a video is needed but my phone cameras is busted, and my computer doesn't like video files that much.

#ROGRigReboot

Running with a Macbook Air 11" (2013), has a 1.3GHz Intel Core i5 (has been turbo-boosted to 2.6GHz), 4GBs of DDR3 RAM, and an Intel HD Graphics 5000 (1536 MB).

I typically sit on this thing for several hours during most days, and besides looking at Youtube videos, reading Reddit, and talking to friends on Discord, I like to do content creation and CSGO during my free time, typically as hobbies. It's quite hard to enjoy it though when things aren't running as planned. Editing on Premiere is a nightmare, CSGO is difficult during a few instances because of horrid FPS (literally unplayable at that point, sucks even more when I'm in comp). I usually have to shut down all other programs so I can have a decent experience (although it's quite apparent ITT that other people have it much worse). My aspirations to play Overwatch and PUBG with friends are also crushed because I'm on a Mac. Even if I bootcamped, I only have 20GBs of storage left. Not really related to the performance, but I'm also rolling with Apple Earbuds and some standard Logitech mouse. A Gaming PC would mean a lot.

I hope you enjoy the video. good luck to all the other participants.

#ROGRigReboot

Hi, here is my brother's and my entry for the ROG Rig-Reboot.

My brother gamed on a Dell Inspiron 531 that was manufactured on 8/15/2007.  Ironically it died exactly on its 10th birthday, 8/15/2017, making it a giant paper weight now.  Please send help.

The computer ran Windows 7 Home 32 bit edition.

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 64 4400+ 2.66ghz

RAM: 4Gb DDR2 1333

GPU: Geforce 210 1gb DDR3

Please note the Serial Connector, Phone Jacks, and the Floppy Disk Drive on the attached images.

DSC06469.thumb.JPG.6b181bf9e02ca30067a1cfc15e27d18c.JPGDSC06471.thumb.JPG.032b590184864af1452366dc5fbc63a3.JPGDSC06465.thumb.JPG.1e81ad3b782a2ffb4c138d926ee60b65.JPG

When this computer was running it would crash when loading flash games.  Most Steam games would run between 0 – 20 fps.

Hope this video is a winner.

Love you Linus.

23 hours ago, Creeper_Killer12 said:

you posted twice, just so you know.

Ya my mistake I don't get on forums very often and was unsure if it went thru the first time 

#ROGRigReboot

Not to mention about half of my games on Steam that I can't play because they're only on Windows, plus all my Ubisoft Uplay games that are only on Windows. Okay, yeah, I can Boot Camp, but there's no getting around that Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics.

Right, here we are! Spent maybe 2 days or so editing it at a friend's house and using his equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePhAUSWTSJk

Hope I win! and GL to everyone else who enters!

#ROGRigReboot 

Edited by NoNameForYou
changed link to a better version of the entry

fruit salads are great.

Well my computer is only 2 years old, but I'll give it a shot.

#ROGRigReboot

My rig started out 2 years ago, I was stuck on my family's core 2 duo system that could barely run windows 10, so I wanted a computer on my own. Me being not very wise got a Dell XPS 8700 with an i7 4790 (non-k) 12 GB ram, Nvidia geforce GTX 745, and a 1TB Hard drive, no ssds here! Fast forward 1 year, and decided I needed a you upgrade, (it was running pretty much like an Xbox One) and not only did I need an upgrade, my sister got the hand-me-down computer that I mentioned above, and with it's aging business grade radeon, it was overdue for an upgrade. So I got a GTX 1060, and threw my 745 into my sister's computer. Fast forward to Christmas, and thought that the cooling in the OEM Dell case wasn't good enough, it only had an exhaust fan! So I did a little research, and got a Corsair SPEC-02, mainly for the reason that I wanted 5 1/4 bays so I could keep my DVD drive. Later I found that the OEM Dell power supplys cables didn't reach being mounted in the basement. So 1 trip to best buy later, I got a Corsair CX750M (I was aiming for an EVGA 600 watt, but they were out of stock)

So for creativity, 1 I am probably one of the few dozen people who bothered to get a custom case for a Dell computer, 2 the WiFi situation is strange as the antennas weren't out the back of the mobo like on normal WiFi boards. Instead, there were integrated antennas on the old case, so I took them off and put the connections on the WiFi card, and I had to hot glue the antennas on my case!

So there's my pc and it's story. There's not really many, if any games it can't play, maybe cities because I don't have much ram, but oh well. I guess I couldn't play Battlefield One as I have about 100 GB left on my HDD. I understand if I don't win, as I have a 2 gen old i7 (3 if you count the 5xxx series) but it would be nice.

15029459883291161862408.jpg

EDIT: I just read the rules and it needs to be a video, I'll work on it later...

Edited by TheRobster5555
Misunderstanding of rules

Here we go.

My pc runs an NVIDIA GTS 240, Intel i7 860, & 8 GB of DDR3 RAM. If I am playing Overwatch on Low settings, forget about listening to youtube or any other multitasking.

Here is my Submission Video:  

Specs: 5 year old IbuyPower PC 

Operating System
    Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
    AMD FX-4100    40 °C
    Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 805MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
    Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2)    42 °C
Graphics
    SAMSUNG (1680x1050@59Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA)    52 °C
Storage
    1863GB Western Digital WDC WD2003FYPS-27W9B0 ATA Device (SATA)    38 °C
Optical Drives
    Optiarc DVD RW AD-7280S ATA Device
Audio
    High Definition Audio Device

: Can't Run Player Unknowns Battle Grounds.

: Can Run: My Face Into Keyboard.

The CPU and Motherboard so out of date, They have my Video Card in a Choke Hold. 

I may not have been able to live out my dream as a employee of LMG (Yet...)

But I'll go all in for a chance to build a gaming rig with Linus and the LMG crew. 

#ROGRigReboot

if you enjoy some of the case mod stuff from the video I have a full length version of my mod on the channel. 

#ROGRigReboot This is my entry to the ROGRigReboot. The reason my setup looks like its been salvaged from a dump yard is because my old acer netbook fried on me while I was in school and I needed something to work on. So using a mac mini my mom got from her work and some thrifted parts I created this setup for the time being. I'm also Canadian as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_-Og774UGU

Sidenote- Yes, I do have a Ps4 but it was gifted to me by my parents and I am still 100% #PCMasterRace

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:06 PM, CPotter said:

#ROGRigReboot

Although I didn't have time to say everything I wanted to such as "why cant you trust atom" 

Back story:

started building this beautiful machine of mine for the past 10 months(switch and broke many boards and parts), first starting with 6600gt then GTX 275(realized my psu wasn't strong enough and then AMD 7570 and finally the R9 270(because every thing in Burnaby is expensive even on craigslist) , I've also been switching between lga 775 boards. Eventually I'll be upgrading to a 775 board that can support my Q9950.

Keyboard - friend 

Psu - Craigslist 

Motherboard, Cpu and Ram - Craigslist

R9 270 - Craigslist 

Logitech G230 - Friend

Most of my parts are from craigslist or friends that sold it to me cheap

On 8/11/2017 at 5:06 PM, CPotter said:

2017-08-11.png

We're inviting you to send us a 30 - 60-second video tour of your outdated gaming rig, explaining why you should win a free gaming PC upgrade at the Linus Tech Tips office with Linus! Tell us why your rig isn't cutting it and how ASUS ROG can make your dreams come true. 

Winners will be selected based on:

- Hardware specifications

- Games (That you can or cannot run)

- Story

- Creativity

Please link your video within this thread and use #ROGRigReboot in your entry post so we can filter through the applications easier. :D 

Applications for video entries will close on  August 21st - later that week we'll be picking three winners who will be direct messaged here through the forum! From there we'll coordinate flights and accommodations for the winners to come out to Surrey, BC, Canada.

*This giveaway is limited to residents in North America only, ages 18 or older, or younger accompanied by a guardian*

Follow ASUS ROG on social media for updates!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rog.n.america

Twitter: twitter.com/ASUSUSA

Instagram: instagram.com/rog_na/

Check out the ASUS ROG store on Facebook: http://geni.us/asusrogfacebookstore

Heres my VIDEO FOR THE #RogRigReboot i didnt know if we were only supposed to put it here or on youtube and im new to forems so yea idk how to post

#ROGRigReboot

My best computer is an 11 year old Mac... Ya...

Sorry my video is 1:25, but I've already spent 10 hours on it , and I'm not sure what else to take out of it.

I hope you enjoy my silly entry, and appreciate all the time and thought that went in to it.

11 year old Mac Pro tech specs:
OS (Windows 7 x64)
(Upgraded) 2x Intel Xeon x5355 (released 2007)
(Upgraded) A bottlenecked AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5770 (released 2008)
11GB DDR2 667MHz Memory (4x2GB, 2x1GB, 2x512MB)

I received this computer potato as a gift from a friend back in 2012. I upgraded it to a new operating system, and it worked fine for me at the time.
Now in 2017, times have changed. It is running windows now, but it still can't do much.
I like to make gaming videos and live streams for a hobby, and I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of Premiere for my Bday, but making content is extremely hard with this system. Recording/streaming in OBS causes severe slowdown, and editing in premiere pro is a real pain. The system even struggles to stream Geometry Dash 0_0. Even my phone could do better!
It can't run any sort of GPU intensive or CPU intensive games. It fortunately can run Rocket League on the lowest settings, but it's a stretch.
I would love to be able to try out new games, and to be able to upload better videos.

I love building and taking apart PCs, and am very thankful to ASUS and LMG for this opportunity.

Thank you,
Joshua