Need Help Choosing CPU Cooler. Be Quiet and Cooler Master

Veczen
Go to solution Solved by Damascus,

Be Quiet!

So here's what i need help deciding between: The Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO or The be quiet! Pure Rock Slim. Both are using 92mm fans and both have 3 Copper heat pipes. Now the reason i have these two as a choice is because my case ain't too big. For what i will be cooling, well, it's gonna be an AMD FX-8300 and im not really planning on pushing it to the limit since im getting a 970 board. Im on a budget so that's all i can get. Now i know there are newer processors but im planning to be a sort of server for my friends when we're playing. And i think more cores seems more reasonable than speed.

Hold up.. Do you have the CPU already? 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Be Quiet!

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

4 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Hold up.. Do you have the CPU already? 

No not yet, but i have planned it. It's better to plan everything before putting it in motion, that's why im here.

2 minutes ago, Veczen said:

No not yet, but i have planned it. It's better to plan everything before putting it in motion, that's why im here.

PLEASE DON'T GET FX CPUS IN 2017

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 minutes ago, Veczen said:

I just upgraded from an FX CPU, unless you can get them dirt cheap (motherboard, and CPU under $100), just save your money.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

13 minutes ago, Veczen said:

And i think more cores seems more reasonable than speed.

IPC is the most important thing

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Ok ok, can you really give me a better option that is guaranteed to be as useful as an 8 core for multitasking? At the same price. Since i already have 3 sticks of DDR3 memory and i can't use one of them so i just thought this would be the cheapest option.

46 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Second hand second to fourth gen i7.

For now, and i have been searching for 20 minutes, i cannot find an i7 4th gen that costs as much or just a bit more than the FX CPU. The i7s that i found were either 3rd 2nd or even 1st gen, there was even one that was an i7 6400 (at first, like you probably,thought "Isn't that an i5 model?" then i saw the picture and it said Confidential and some numbers and letters... so this is where im at.

And do consider that i am searching the same site that has this on for less than i would pay for my CPU, Mobo and Cooler:

AMD FX8320 4.0GHz + MSI 970A-G43 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz + AIO Water Cooler

2 minutes ago, Veczen said:

And do consider that i am searching the same site that has this on for less than i would pay for my CPU, Mobo and Cooler:

AMD FX8320 4.0GHz + MSI 970A-G43 + 8GB DDR3 1600MHz + Water Cooling

What country? You are going for 5 year old CPU. If you actually have something that benefits more about cores over everything else, why not go for Xeons? I would bet that even Devils Canyon i7 will beat FX series AMDs in rendering performance.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

What country? You are going for 5 year old CPU. If you actually have something that benefits more about cores over everything else, why not go for Xeons? I would bet that even Devils Canyon i7 will beat FX series AMDs in rendering performance.

Im somewhere in Europe, don't feel like telling, first of all im going for a 5 year old CPU since i already have like a 10 year old one. Second, what will be benefiting from more cores will be the fact that i'll be able to pull the max out of my 280X while still running all sorts of stuff in the background as well as be the host for all the games i play with my friends. Now for the reason why i can't choose a Xeon: they are made for server platforms, i know they can be used normally but you see here the prices don't really drop too much for Intel products, except if they are 10 years old like mine. The motherboards that can run the Xeons that i find are quite a bit more expensive, like more than my budget expensive. So all in all with the options i have been given until now i still don't see a better option than the AMD option.

Now if no one else is gonna give me their better opinion, experience based of course, about a better bang for my buck, i would like to continue with the topic i started. And i must say that i am leaned toward be quiet! So if no one has any pros and cons to give i will be choosing that.

I will wait 24 hours to make sure, because i am patient and not in a hurry, not lazy at all.

1 minute ago, Veczen said:

-snip-

Well, your money, your choice. I don't even going to ask if you've checked used markets or not.

As for cooler, either one will be good choice. be Quiet! might be bit better, Cryorig M9a would be best if thats available for you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just now, LoGiCalDrm said:

Well, your money, your choice. I don't even going to ask if you've checked used markets or not.

As for cooler, either one will be good choice. be Quiet! might be bit better, Cryorig M9a would be best if thats available for you.

That FX-8320 combo you quoted me on, that's from a second hand site. Which is what i was browsing for the Xeons.

1 hour ago, Veczen said:

For now, and i have been searching for 20 minutes, i cannot find an i7 4th gen that costs as much or just a bit more than the FX CPU. The i7s that i found were either 3rd 2nd or even 1st gen, there was even one that was an i7 6400 (at first, like you probably,thought "Isn't that an i5 model?" then i saw the picture and it said Confidential and some numbers and letters... so this is where im at.

I did say that a second gen i7 would be a better option. 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

I did say that a second gen i7 would be a better option. 

Ok i did say i found 2nd gen i7 and i checked them again and i found a 2600 for cheaper than the FX-8300 but the problem is i can't find a board old or new that is cheap enough to fit in the budget and i did try all the chipsets like H61M most of which didn't have more than 2 ram slots and i need 4, checked the H77 and B75 even the Z77 and still nothing. I think that the people that boguht them are actually keeping them since, well, i totally would.