Stream games to almost any Android device or another PC using Nvidia Gamestream.

Just got my hands on an OTG cable so I could hook up my PS3 controller to my Nexus 7 and try out how it feels like playing games through this. It's kind of nice, but quite unstable (crash can be seen at 3:25 in the video below), and the delay can get pretty rough at times.

Something that works great, though, is that there's no delay for the input itself, so you could use the android device as a controller host and game on your TV using the PS3 controller through your android device.

(very) Lousy demo of how it works, pardon the audio:

Disclamers: Audio is... ehm, broken, sorry. I've never tried the game with a controller, the phone camera does not like ambilight and tries to refocus all the time. I like cookies.

Cool! There was a update to limelight. CPU usage has been reduced and there are options to choose between frames and resolution. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Cool! There was a update to limelight. CPU usage has been reduced and there are options to choose between frames and resolution. 

That sounds promising, I'll have to check it out!

Cheers,

Linus

Now shield is completely obsolete ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

The link no longer works. Can anyone reupload the APK (or get another link)?

HTTP/2 203

The link no longer works. Can anyone reupload the APK (or get another link)?

Done! Download from the bottom of the post. The direct download link is dead to I linked to the Original Post. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

We haven't made a real big announcement yet, but the Limelight PC port has begun pre-alpha testing. Since you guys have already been playing with the Android version, we figured you'd be a good audience for testing the PC version.

This gives you the ability to stream games from your GeForce desktop to another computer running Windows, OS X, or Linux (a la SteamOS In-home streaming).

On the PC you're streaming to, you'll need a 720p screen (at least) and Java 1.6 or higher. Any GPU will do fine.

Mouse and keyboard currently work. Gamepad also works with the latest version. If you want to use a controller, you'll need to bind it in the "Gamepad Settings" option in the menu.

More details: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=48860319&postcount=170

Downloads (be sure to get the right one): https://github.com/limelight-stream/limelight-pc/releases

Hopefully you all like it. Feel free to spread the word if you want.

UPDATE: v0.2 is out with full working controller support (remember that you still have to map it first)

What error are you getting with pairing?

This is a late reply and I'm revisiting this, but I will click pair on the tablet and it will say it's pairing but I never get the window prompt in Geforce Experience.  I'm using all the latest drivers and I have disabled my firewall, but still no luck.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone got error 527?
I can't seem to start the app. The nvidia shield logo appears and it's stuck on that screen while on my android just shows error 527.

Has anyone got error 527?

I can't seem to start the app. The nvidia shield logo appears and it's stuck on that screen while on my android just shows error 527.

Same here..  

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Same here..

I can't seem to find on the internet what is the error about. I've done all the steps mentiones at the official site.

Error 527 is an internal GeForce Experience server error. You could try rebooting your PC or uninstalling GFE 2.0 and reinstalling the 337.50 beta drivers.

I'm not sure which Limelight version you guys are running, but Limelight is now on the Play Store (still free and open-source, same as it was). I'd encourage everyone to install that version so you can get auto-updates and send me crash reports.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.limelight

Error 527 is an internal GeForce Experience server error. You could try rebooting your PC or uninstalling GFE 2.0 and reinstalling the 337.50 beta drivers.

I'm not sure which Limelight version you guys are running, but Limelight is now on the Play Store (still free and open-source, same as it was). I'd encourage everyone to install that version so you can get auto-updates and send me crash reports.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.limelight

thanks I will update the post!

• 2 months later...

Anyone know a way to get the controller input working from the phone? Since y'know, shielf has a controller.  

My thought would be to use the Sixaxis app to allow a DS3 controller to work on android but it requires a rooted phone :( I've actually got that installed though so i'm going to see if I can use sixaxis to emulate the shield controller.  

I call my PC Buddy.   Why?  Who knows?

Does this work for notebook GPUs? 

I doubt it but I had to ask :(

Yes it does as long as they're Kepler GPUs...My MBP does not have an Nvidia GPU so sadly this is not for me :(

Meanwhile I'm using this:

post-78536-0-76170300-1404390174.jpg

post-78536-0-76170300-1404390174.jpg

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I tried something like this on my tegra note 7 (with shield streaming functionality) and i never got the option to pair the PC with the tablet, even after port forwarding. Through limelight, i managed to send a request, but my PC never got a popup.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I tried something like this on my tegra note 7 (with shield streaming functionality) and i never got the option to pair the PC with the tablet, even after port forwarding. Through limelight, i managed to send a request, but my PC never got a popup.

If you're connecting within your network, port forwarding won't help. You could try disabling your firewall. GeForce Experience 2.1 has plenty of issues with real Shields too, so it might just be that you're experiencing one of those. If turning off the firewall doesn't do it, try uninstalling and reinstalling GeForce Experience.

If you're connecting within your network, port forwarding won't help. You could try disabling your firewall. GeForce Experience 2.1 has plenty of issues with real Shields too, so it might just be that you're experiencing one of those. If turning off the firewall doesn't do it, try uninstalling and reinstalling GeForce Experience.

Ah yeah you're right about port forwarding, i just put in the PC's IP address, but i went through the firewall too, and had a fresh geforce experience too (I just had the plain drivers before then).

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

• 1 month later...

I'm having trouble pairing with my PC, Limelight tells me i need to make sure the required ports are allowed through the firewall, help please :)

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

• 1 year later...

Got witcher 3 to run only game I could get past the gamestream splash...runs great on computer side and was laggy and next to non responsive on my S6 edge+ couldn't get the wired controller to work...but I think that has got more to do with user error. Would be nice if I could get this to run more smoothly. I'll have to read up on how everyone is using controllers with it, as I have a wired 360 controller but that doesn't fit in any ports on my phone. Don't know if this phone has the same kind of gpu, or even a powerful one at that, but I know it has got plenty of cpu power.

Hey kids, I use this myself, so take a few tips from me.

No need to enter your IP, Moonlight does this automatically

Mess around with your bitrate and streaming FPS/resolution so that it works well

It can fuck up your desktop icons so go here http://www.pcworld.com/article/167469/Save_Your_Desktop_Icon_Layout.html

You need a controller. Period. There are no onscreen controls. Plug in a controller using bluetooth or use a USB OTG adapter like me. Yes it works with the xbox 360 controller.

You can use your touch screen as a mouse and tap to left click, haven't figured out right

Edit: You will want to bring around a stand or some sort of way to attach your controller to your phone as you don't have 3 hands to hold everything. 

Once you've paired your phone to your PC, you can stream over the internet. Just launch moonlight normally, do everything normally and start playing. You will need at least 5 MB up and down on PC and your phone respectively. 

Attach your PC to your router via ethernet, and connect to the internet on your phone through 5 Ghz if possible

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

What is the difference between limelight and moonlight? And if I am using this on a PC, how does it take controller inputs?

No difference between the two. The creator ran into legal shit and had to change the name. Yes it does controller input

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

If only there was a workaround for steam in home streaming

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work over the internet? Could I (possibly) go on vacation and log into my home pc over the internet to play games (like Geforce Now)?

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work over the internet? Could I (possibly) go on vacation and log into my home pc over the internet to play games (like Geforce Now)?

You MIGHT. Just do the initial setup with your phone and PC, make sure you can do remote gamestream with the gamestream tab and that it can stream games over the internet, do a quick test to make sure it works, then leave your house and find a reliable internet point to connect to, and start it up as if you were at home

Help!, i keep getting this error, i have tried everything: chanching bitrate, changing decoder...

This are my specs:

CPU: i7-4510U

GPU: 840m

Geforce Experience version 2.5.15.54

Phone: HTC one M8

Error: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_jgAd4DEyrldERlcEgwS1NZVWp6cktscHFmTmNTUkhmVmxF/view?usp=sharing

Make sure you really are running the latest version of GFE, make sure under gamestream, it allows games to be streamed under the GameStream tab.

Hey guys, super important note here!

I got my Steam Link yesterday, I used it, and the streaming performance on it is SIGNIFICANTLY better than on my Galaxy S5. The Steam Link did not crash whatsoever and had very few lag spikes unlike streaming to my phone. I believe that my phone may have been thermal throttling/overheating whilest gamestreaming, but I will have to download some sort of hardware monitoring software on my phone to make sure that it is.

My point: If you have a really piss-poor experience streaming games to your phone, it MAY not be your router and your mobile device may be overheating. The cheapest solution would be to put a desk fan next to you blowing on your phone. If you can afford it, really consider buying a Steam Link or a Shield device, as those have been verified to work well with gamestreaming