I need to control my case fans, suggestions?

CasualGamer...

My motherboard is currently an ASRock AB350M Pro4. It has 3 fan headers, but only two are controllable in the bios, so my two front intake fans are always running at full speed from one header. I know a resistor will slow the fans but I can't find one that works with my 3 pin Y splitter. I was thinking, maybe a 3 way fan splitter? Will the motherboard be able to control the speed of 3 fans off one header?

Since you have 3pins, I would say your best option would be getting NZXT Grid+ or Corsair Commander Mini. Both use USB based software controlling and are good options for older style knob controls. You can control 3 fans off one mobo header. Each header will support 1A and fans usually use 0.2-0.4A (can be seen on fans product page).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Since you have 3pins, I would say your best option would be getting NZXT Grid+ or Corsair Commander Mini. Both use USB based software controlling and are good options for older style knob controls. You can control 3 fans off one mobo header. Each header will support 1A and fans usually use 0.2-0.4A (can be seen on fans product page).

Ok great! So I suppose this will work well: Silverstone All Black Sleeved 1-3 PWM Fan Splitter Cable 100 mm (CPF02)  Thanks.

1 minute ago, CasualGamer... said:

Ok great! So I suppose this will work well: Silverstone All Black Sleeved 1-3 PWM Fan Splitter Cable 100 mm (CPF02)  Thanks.

The link isn't working, but that might have issues. It says PWM. Which means its supposed to run 3 PWM fans. It might work for 3pin too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

The link isn't working, but that might have issues. It says PWM. Which means its supposed to run 3 PWM fans. It might work for 3pin too.

So it would be safer to go with a 3 pin splitter than 4 pin?

4 minutes ago, CasualGamer... said:

So it would be safer to go with a 3 pin splitter than 4 pin?

I was just going to look how pins were. As long as it had rpm sense for one of the fans, it should be fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I was just going to look how pins were. As long as it had rpm sense for one of the fans, it should be fine.

Ok, thanks man