My laptop is broken.

Hello,

I've had my HP 15-ba079sa 15.6" Laptop for the last 2 years and lately it has started acting up.

For example, my battery doesn't charge to 100% anymore, which I can easily fix by getting a new one. Another problem is that my computer freezes and makes a horrible buzzing noise, if the computer doesn't turn off at that point the screen flickers constantly with garbled text. Finally after the computer has switched of randomly and constantly it always tells me that the CMOS Checksum is invalid. I'm not sure what that is but hopefully someone could help me figure it out.

Maybe opening up and closing the dust and changing the thermal paste would help.

Did it to my dad's notebook and works like a charm, plus with the SSD and RAM upgrade that thing is a monster now.

37 minutes ago, Kragos said:

Hello,

I've had my HP 15-ba079sa 15.6" Laptop for the last 2 years and lately it has started acting up.

For example, my battery doesn't charge to 100% anymore, which I can easily fix by getting a new one. Another problem is that my computer freezes and makes a horrible buzzing noise, if the computer doesn't turn off at that point the screen flickers constantly with garbled text. Finally after the computer has switched of randomly and constantly it always tells me that the CMOS Checksum is invalid. I'm not sure what that is but hopefully someone could help me figure it out.

Buzzing noise and freezing is 90% caused by dying/ded HDD, check BIOS if it shows storage or something, also RAM could have a problem

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

On 28/07/2017 at 11:19 AM, NotSoEzAsIXpecteD said:

I recommend cleaning it inside. :D

This only started happening after I cleaned my laptop actually. Did I accidentally knock something?

On 28/07/2017 at 0:09 PM, Teddy07 said:

save your data immediately somewhere else or you might lose them

Where to and how?

On 28/07/2017 at 11:55 AM, dave_k said:

Buzzing noise and freezing is 90% caused by dying/ded HDD, check BIOS if it shows storage or something, also RAM could have a problem

can I check the bios once I'm booted into the system or do I have to turn it off and on again?

Also what will I be looking for in the bios?

20 minutes ago, Kragos said:

can I check the bios once I'm booted into the system or do I have to turn it off and on again?

Also what will I be looking for in the bios?

Something like storage or boot menu, it will be in manual what to press, you have to press some key during boot before you get into bios. also check ram config if it coresponds with the given specs

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

55 minutes ago, Kragos said:

This only started happening after I cleaned my laptop actually. Did I accidentally knock something?

Probably nooo... But I don't know how your laptop looks inside. You could have accidentially unplug CPU power or power delivery to motherboard doesn't work properly. Do you have electric meter? I know how to check if your CPU, GPU and RAM gets power