A question regarding PS4 Pro and 1080p

MitMcAlan

So Im thinking of upgraging from my PS3 to PS4 or PS4 Pro (Kinda late, I know). This question may see a bit dumb to some of you but are there any benefits of getting the Pro for a 1080p TV? I mean like a graphical or FPS improvement. Any help will be appreciated.

It depends on the game and how it makes use of the Pro's increased hardware power. Some games will keep it at 1080p to increase performance, others may increase the resolution or details. If it increases the resolution, you normally can't tell it not to. It'll render at a higher resolution then downscale.

The framerate improvements tend to be taking a 30 fps locked game to say 40-45 fps unlocked. Sometimes a really badly optimized game that can't hit 30 fps on PS4 can on PS4 Pro. For instance, The Last Guardian is a mess on PS4 and has lots of sections dropping to around 25 fps, but running it on PS4 Pro at 1080p you'll stick to mostly 30 fps.

The PS4 Pro honestly has more to offer at 1080 than at 4k. On average most games(especially with the newer boost mode), just have more solid frame rates and performance.

This link shall answer quiet a bit:   http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1324251&page=1

Shows what games use boost mode and how running on the Pro affects the game.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU