Dream Keyboard

I do not own a k95 but from all the reviews and unboxings I can tell that it has almost everything I looked for in a keyboard but it has some things that really do not make me to buy one (price is also one of them). 

It is a gaming keyboard and Corsair did a good job with it's gaming features (unlike other manufactures that say it's for gaming but does not even have programable buttons, what a f*cking joke) like textured and differently shaped WASD and side keys, dual sided palm rest, f*ckig awesome RGB and customization but it has no compact form. Like wtf, is for gaming, what gamer prefers a numpad over mouse moving space???? Also, a microphone and heaphone jack and a slimmer cable ( use a 3.1 type C connector ) would make it unbeatable, can't think anything that you can bring to upgrade that keyboard. This is a cheap, fast made photoshop attempt: 

Original K95:

1.png.9e830e7857dfaa00fb810b532f0a668a.png

Compact Version:

2.png.f7023782248e4a1229d09385dcfca112.png

Personally my preference goes to this one:

teclado-corsair-gaming-strafe-rgb-cherry

Because I genuinely dislike the macro keys.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I like them as long as there are not 10 rows of them. Also, a big plus of K95 is the volume wheel, rly like that and since I mostly play CS:GO I need mousepad surface space for long swipes.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

This would make the price even higher on their already overpriced LUX series. If you know how to program and solder, you can just buy plate mounted switches and build your own.

Where could I buy those? I planned to try making a keyboard in the future as I am currently studying electrical engineering and computer science at the university so I am passionate about this stuff.

If only Corsair had good stabilizers, chassis that didn't resonate, switch sockets or switches better than Cherry, doubleshot keycaps...

Y'know, the stuff that some sub $50 Chinese keyboards come standard with. Corsair is pretty far down the list of things I'd consider my dream keyboard. The two things they do well are marketing and software.

... your ideas are insaine. why would i want a god damn 3.5mm jack pair on my keyboard? USB passthrough i can get, its really nice, but headphone and mic jacks? why? like seriuesly do you have a headset where they even cheaped out on cable length and made it like 1m or something? why make it USB C 3.1? like probably not even 1% of computers out there today can even use that. it woudent slim down anything anyway seeing as the extra cable in there(it uses dual USB A's) is for power for the LEDs and the processor on the board. all your suggestions would make for an extremely expensive keyboard that nobody exept for you would see any use for. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Nimrodor said:

If only Corsair had good stabilizers, chassis that didn't resonate, switch sockets or switches better than Cherry, doubleshot keycaps...

Y'know, the stuff that some sub $50 Chinese keyboards come standard with. Corsair is pretty far down the list of things I'd consider my dream keyboard. The two things they do well are marketing and software.

From what I've seen the switches are ok and I did not know/never heard of the chasis resonating. Agree with the doubleshot keycaps but not a major issue. What I meant in my original post is the features that the keyboard has and the good looks of it, mainly the textured, custom shaped keys,nicely textured volume wheel, rigid body and cable routing underneath. From all the keyboards out there in the market this is my favourite one.

3 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

the keycaps may not be doubbleshots but they are still pretty nice looking, untill you look at the LUX lineup and want to throw up. my K70 has a pretty solid frame so idk where thats coming from either and the stabilizers are good aswell, never had any bind or anything like that but cherry switches dont bind anyway

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Yeah, the Corsair K95 Platinum RGB is the best keyboard ever. I'm planning on getting it someday when the price goes down. The "compact" version you shown is just the tenkeyless version.

3 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

From what I've seen the switches are ok and I did not know/never heard of the chasis resonating. Agree with the doubleshot keycaps but not a major issue. What I meant in my original post is the features that the keyboard has and the good looks of it, mainly the textured, custom shaped keys,nicely textured volume wheel, rigid body and cable routing underneath. From all the keyboards out there in the market this is my favourite one.

https://github.com/ruiqimao/keyboard-pcb-guide

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

... your ideas are insaine. why would i want a god damn 3.5mm jack pair on my keyboard? USB passthrough i can get, its really nice, but headphone and mic jacks? why? like seriuesly do you have a headset where they even cheaped out on cable length and made it like 1m or something? why make it USB C 3.1? like probably not even 1% of computers out there today can even use that. it woudent slim down anything anyway seeing as the extra cable in there(it uses dual USB A's) is for power for the LEDs and the processor on the board. all your suggestions would make for an extremely expensive keyboard that nobody exept for you would see any use for. 

I can live with a thicker cable, but I think the jacks would be a nice addition. It would be so much easier to plug in your headphones in the keyboard rather than reaching down at your computer and also they wouldn't get in your way so much

10 minutes ago, SandalsWarrior said:

I can live with a thicker cable, but I think the jacks would be a nice addition. It would be so much easier to plug in your headphones in the keyboard rather than reaching down at your computer and also they wouldn't get in your way so much

you realize you would have like over a meter of coiled up cable besides your keyboard right? im dealing with that because of my AMP and its NOT fun

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you realize you would have like over a meter of coiled up cable besides your keyboard right? im dealing with that because of my AMP and its NOT fun

I mean, I have Razer Electra headphones which have 1m cable, don't really see that as a problem, in fact, it sucks for me because the cable is too short so I could use the extra lenght ( that's not a cool phrase to say ).

1 minute ago, SandalsWarrior said:

I mean, I have Razer Electra headphones which have 1m cable, don't really see that as a problem, in fact, it sucks for me because the cable is too short so I could use the extra lenght ( that's not a cool phrase to say ).

extentions/replacements are like a coupple dollars off ebay if its just a 3.5mm cable.

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

extentions/replacements are like a coupple dollars off ebay if its just a 3.5mm cable.

Agree, but not worth the hassle as it is not such a big problem, mostly wanted a longer cable so I could stand up and maybe walk around a bit without having to get my headphones off.