NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black Edition

Nicktrance

There were rumours before the official 780 Ti launch that nVidia will be launching an improved version of the Titan graphics card with two 8 pin connectors by reference design and consuming up to 375W with no TDP limit, higher clocks and 12GB!! of VRAM.

Back then it was called the "Titan Ultra" but it has been revealed that it might also be called the "GTX Titan Black Edition" (sounds like an AMG Black Merc). Recently more pictures have shown up and it seems that it will feature the full configuration of the GK110 GPU architecture with higher clocks than a GTX 780 ti.

That said still take this with a pinch of salt as it might be an engineering sample or just rumours.

videcardz-gtx-titan-black-edition-02-499

videcardz-gtx-titan-black-edition-01-499

The table below is made up of a combination of past rumours.

h55B838.png

Sources: http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/news/hardware/vgacards/28812-new-pictures-of-the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-edition.html

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_black_edition.html

Already Posted.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

What is the point of this?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

​THIS IS A TECH FORUM NOT REDDIT!!!

Are you just going to spam that everywhere? And by the way, you need to change your profile picture, you could get banned for it.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Are you just going to spam that everywhere? And by the way, you need to change your profile picture, you could get banned for it.

Shhh.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

he will get banned, check how many posts he has and his username 

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

And his name. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Already Posted.

Really :(? I did search and it didn't come up.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

12 gigs and a fully enabled GK110? In all seriousness? That's madness.

144Hz goodness

Black titan :D

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

I don't think this would be quite necessary tbh.

I'm not trying to be rude since your notifying that there is a new Titan edition but. This isn't really aimed at us consumers. TDP of unlimited should've been just under N/A

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

There's no way that bus is big enough to use 12GB of VRAM

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

​THIS IS A TECH FORUM NOT REDDIT!!!

t621chf.jpg

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Yeah, same memory config as the K6000 it seems, so it's not technologically impossible, although it does sound weird that they might be competing against their own Quadro cards.

There were rumours before the official 780 Ti launch that nVidia will be launching an improved version of the Titan graphics card with two 8 pin connectors by reference design and consuming up to 375W with no TDP limit, higher clocks and 12GB!! of VRAM.

Back then it was called the "Titan Ultra" but it has been revealed that it might also be called the "GTX Titan Black Edition" (sounds like an AMG Black Merc). Recently more pictures have shown up and it seems that it will feature the full configuration of the GK110 GPU architecture with higher clocks than a GTX 780 ti.

That said still take this with a pinch of salt as it might be an engineering sample or just rumours.

videcardz-gtx-titan-black-edition-02-499

videcardz-gtx-titan-black-edition-01-499

The table below is made up of a combination of past rumours.

h55B838.png

Sources: http://www.hardwareluxx.com/index.php/news/hardware/vgacards/28812-new-pictures-of-the-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-black-edition.html

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_geforce_gtx_titan_black_edition.html

12Gb won't be very good on that 300bit speed..... Going to say normal 780 is still good price point for what you get. 

12Gb won't be very good on that 300bit speed..... Going to say normal 780 is still good price point for what you get. 

I thhink nobody expected this to have a decent price considering it's an improved version of the Titan which is already insanely priced and yeah it's beginning to sound more and more like a Quadro K6000, so take this with a massive pinch of salt, I doubt these specs are accurate but a higher end Titan is not out of the question IMO.

I don't know about you guys but the quality of that card looks super dodgy... The windows is hardly even clear so either it's an early engineering sample or it's a custom-painted Titan I'm thinking.

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

It's 336 GigaBytes/second

Shouldn't that be more than enough?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

A high bit doesn't matter if the clock is extrem high.

The R9-290X has 512bt but it has only a 5GHZ clock.

This card would have a 7GHZ memory clock.

In fact it would be even faster then the R9-290X vram.

And you could easy use all of that ram it works fine on the K6000 and that card has a lower clock.

RTX2070OC 

Count me as a skeptic. I don't know where this would fit in the market (nvidia has no reason to do this), and it looks like someone just painted their titan.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

well it could replace the current titan but that means the current titan has to drop below or at the 780 ti price point. Although honestly even if you were to consider this for a muti gpu setup (for gaming) than amd still has nvidia beat as they are working on tech that allows each card to use its memory for different things meaning 2 cards with 4 gb of memory will result in 8 gb of usable memory.

if this comes out it could hold the crown for multi gpu setups in gaming for maybe 6-12 months but its most likely aimed at professional use.