Does replacing fans on Noctua coolers make sense?

Special Agent 星雨

Specs in the signature below.

Due to my poor R7 1700 chip only capable of 3750 at 1.28v, I'm looking to invest in a mid to high end air cooler in order to lower the temperatures, because they are around 70 degrees celsius under gaming load (50-60% of threads being utilized). I understand that the temperatures are within spec, however, I'd like my CPU to be running cooler in order to improve my overall case thermals.

I'm sure most people would agree that Noctua's coolers are great, but their fans look absolutely disgusting.

The Noctua NH-D15-SE cooler looks enticing, however, I am unsure whether replacing the stock fans with RGB ones will affect performance.

Do Noctua fans play a big role in cooling their respective heatsinks? Or will replacing the stock fans with weaker but better looking ones affect little to no performance.

Thanks!

I'm no Special Agent myself, but my Dad was!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Lian Li Galahad 360mm White AIO

4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

All wrapped in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL case.

I always used the 140mm industrial ppc fans at a low rpm just required bending the thingys that held the fans in place allittle seeing the fans it comes with have holes at 120mm.

Tadaa black noctua fans with if need be massive cooling capabilities. 

Go with dark rock pro 3 if you care about looks. What do you mean you want your cpu cooler to improve case thermals? No matter what you do your cpu will output the same amount of heat, a better cooler just moves the heat from cpu away better.  If you change fans on noctua cooler it may go up a degree or two, nothing crazy as long as it is not some 2$ airflow fan. IMO go with dark rock pro 3 so you don't waste money replacing stock noctua fans. 

Specs: Amd 1700x | NH-u12s | Asus crosshair hero vi | 2x8g Gskill flare x | Zotac 1080 | Samsung 960 EVO | Seasonic ssr-750GD | Thermaltake core x5 |

Noctua coolers are best as whole. If you plan to change fans and not to go with Noctua, it just isn't worth it. Competition has almost same level coolers, Phanteks, be Quiet!, Cryorig and Scythe all have dual tower coolers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, just ordered a Dark Rock Pro 3!

I'm no Special Agent myself, but my Dad was!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Lian Li Galahad 360mm White AIO

4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

All wrapped in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL case.

3 hours ago, LordTaco42 said:

Are you telling me you don't like poop colored beige fans?  What has this world come to?

Tbh, I quite like the look of a Noctua cooler. To me, the beige is just the colour of performance parts.

11 minutes ago, Jonathan Lemmens said:

Tbh, I quite like the look of a Noctua cooler. To me, the beige is just the colour of performance parts.

Yeah It kinda grew on me the more I looked at it in my side panel.  Gives off an industrial feel like a car engine part especially with that massive heatsink.