13th Doctor is a Female!

asim1999
11 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I think that it is adorable that you believe that television casting is based purely on merit rather than what is often a long lost of prerequisites, often including general appearance, hair color/type, body type, age, race, gender, height.  You should look at a casting sheet some day.

Not enjoying your superiority complex or patronising tone to be honest. All I said was it should be the best actor for the role and that limiting the selection to women from the get go might have meant passing up on a better fit for the role. Don't know why that triggered you so badly.

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

All I said was it should be the best actor for the role and that limiting the selection to women from the get go might have meant passing up on a better fit for the role. Don't know why that triggered you so badly.

Yeah, again, this isn't how casting works.  Like, the scripts for all episodes are usually written prior to most or all of the casting.  The casting is done to fit the scripts.  The story has already been written to have the doctor regenerate as a woman.  You can rest assured that a bunch of the scripts are rather specific about how the doctor has generated as a woman and it's relevancy to the plot.  This is also why, say, a 70yo woman could not have been cast as Harry Potter, because the scripts and the books prior made it pretty clear that casting was for a 'Ten year old boy'.  The section of casting was limited to a narrow subsection of potential casting options to fit the story.

You're argument that 'Anyone should be cast in any role just so long as they are the best' doesn't work here.  It Film and television casting really isn't a meritocracy and it never has been.  You're just deciding to pretend to be upset about it now.

I just hope the new tardis design has counters and shelves in it, otherwise not much of a kitchen

on a serious note, this was kinda expected, with moffat bringing back the "timelords can change gender" into focus in several episodes with matt smith and then changing master into lady (actually a nice move, rly loved the character) with that capaldi, so no big surprise. The hope is they can find a new cpt jack for a nice companion.

21 hours ago, Cryosec said:

gender switch is just something that can happen, as they are not humans but humanoids from Gallifrey. There was an episode in season 10 where the Doctor explained to Bill Potts the gender stuff, including, if I remember correctly, that all Time Lords can change gender with regeneration and that it is just a normal thing (as can be seen with the Master/Missy)

Ah, I was wondering.  Been a while since I watched season 10.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Why is it a big deal doe?

Details separate people.

I don't mind as long as it fits the lore, which it does.

15th will be a hijab wearing transgender SJW.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 16/07/2017 at 10:48 PM, Cryosec said:

gender switch is just something that can happen, as they are not humans but humanoids from Gallifrey. There was an episode in season 10 where the Doctor explained to Bill Potts the gender stuff, including, if I remember correctly, that all Time Lords can change gender with regeneration and that it is just a normal thing (as can be seen with the Master/Missy)

Also as seen when the Doctor shot the general when trying to save Clara.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

The next doctor will be a binary non identifier cross undressing non sequitur. Pretty much will look like the mascot from community college.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I really don't have a problem with it.

A) It fits the lore of the show

B) Jodie Whittaker is a fantastic actress. It's not like they just gave her the job because she's a women, she's a damn good actress and it more then talented enough for the job.