Turning SCRAP Electronics into GOLD BARS!

First.

second time

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

First.

second time

Boy, you must have a sad life...

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Boy, you must have a sad life...

someone should make

r/linustechtipsforum

so i can shitpost all day

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

42 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy REAL GOLD BARS on Amazon: http://geni.us/UeO1f

This company literally takes scraps from electronics manufacturing and turns them into massive amounts of precious materials. And we got to check their process out first-hand!!!

Recycling is an important process; unfortunately like in the beginning of this episode a lot of electronic waste ends up in third world countries where they are burned, and handled improperly.

Your friendly neighbors down here in Seattle, WA have been doing two things; one being creating a certification standard to ensure that recyclers are doing the right thing (e-Stewards); and two, doing investigations, unanounced audits, and what-not to really shed the light on the issue.

We've seen a lot of electronic waste illegally end up in places like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ghana and other countries. Our most recent investigations can be found here: http://www.ban.org/trash-transparency/.

So when do they release the home recycling edition?

You played 2 hours to die like this?

Specs

Cpu: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6cores

Gpu: GTX 750 Ti (Zotac)

Mb: 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ (MSI)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400

10gb Ram

Great video LTT. I would love to see more of this quality and as I have said before on youtube I wouldn't mind a step down by 1 or 2 videos a week to get an overall more steady high quality experience on your channel. You proof time and time again you can do it but you also proof time and time again that 1 video a day is apparently not possible despite (not to say anything bad about them) the many employees that work at LTT by now.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Does the video state how much Gold, Silver, Cadnium, Mercury can be taken from each component?

My sense is they did not.

This is my favorite LTT video to date. Thanks @LinusTech for that National Geographic like video! I would love to see more videos like this in the future. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Just adding the comment, I really enjoyed this video and would love to see more on-location type videos. Editing, filming, and script were all excellent! That is so cool to see this tech waste processed instead of ending up in a landfill somewhere taking up space. Didn't really think I'd find recycling so interesting, but it was. 

I work at a large manufacturing company that makes servers... we have a lot of waste, and I don't know where it goes once it leaves our lab. Kind of interested in finding out how we process it now...

10 hours ago, Tavreth said:

So when do they release the home recycling edition?

Good luck with the mercury, cyanide, and deadly acids.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, Shreyas1 said:

Thats why its shipped oversea's to places like India and Pakistan.

Which Cyanide was it? Hydrogen, Potassium?

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

I love the more serious tone and topic, I hope to see it more and more in future episodes. Taiwan is pretty packed and it´s nice to see that people there appreciate the land they have and try to take a good care of it.

1 hour ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Which Cyanide was it? Hydrogen, Potassium?

Probably Sodium cyanide

6 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

Well maybe I can get it from the mafia if I offer to melt any bodies they need gone.

You played 2 hours to die like this?

Specs

Cpu: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6cores

Gpu: GTX 750 Ti (Zotac)

Mb: 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ (MSI)

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400

10gb Ram