WHEN ARE THE ASUS RAMPAGE x299 MOBOS COMING?

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

And you can, but if you look at the rest of my sig you could know why I own a Mac. 

You bought into an ecosystem, that by your arguement, is trash because there are alternatives that offer better price/performance.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

I dont hate Intel, I hate x299 because it is a blatant half a**sed knee jerk attempt to respond to Threadripper and Ryzen. 

You have yet to state anything new.  All of your posts are simply parrots of shit that is already well known.  Thanks for the PSA bud, but those that can afford to do so and want it will buy it regardless of how much your repeat the same tired stuff.

I'd personally never spend money on an Apple watch, but I don't spend my days letting the internet know that.  

Just now, Drak3 said:

You bought into an ecosystem, that by your arguement, is trash because there are alternatives that offer better price/performance.

No way.  That makes complete sense.  lol

Just now, Drak3 said:

is trash because there are alternatives that offer better price/performance.

from a completely unbiased standpoint sure  

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

So you know its value is trash, yet you buy it anyway? 

Sounds similar to a certain four legged animal with a woolly coat. 

Value is not inherently performance/dollar. For some, X299 has more value because they want to buy into the fastest enthusiast platform, and you just can't get that with Ryzen. For some, it's a hobby; they like to see just how far they can push performance. It wouldn't be as satisfying for them to use Ryzen for the same thing. For others, they could benefit from extra performance, and they could be in a situation where it isn't viable to have two computers. For example, I might be interested in X299 (if I could afford it), because I do 3D modeling and rendering. Sure, I could push it out to a Ryzen render farm or something, and while it might be more cost-efficient, it would take more time to set up, and I also value being able to have everything I need on one system. There are probably other drawbacks as well.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

Just now, done12many2 said:

I'd personally never spend money on an Apple watch

neither would I

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

6 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

the evidence and reasoning come before the conclusion.

That, or we're all the same special brand of stupid that makes us incompatible with the rest of the world.

Seeing as my brain basically breaks when I have to type something on my phone, my vote goes to that second option.

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I'd personally never spend money on an Apple watch, but I don't spend my days letting the internet know that.

It's not the Crapple watch, but I did own a Gear Fit and currently own a Gear Fit 2. Like both of them, wouldn't recommend to that many people.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

That, or we're all the same special brand of stupid that makes us incompatible with the rest of the world.

Seeing as my brain basically breaks when I have to type something on my phone, my vote goes to that second option.

Well, can we at least all be stupid together? <3

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

@DrMacintosh 

For the record I also own a Retina Macbook Pro...that I use more than my x299 machine, wear an Apple Watch, and carry a iPhone 6.

x299 outperforms any platform on the market in every category except cost and power consumption....two factors that are low on my priority list.  

Intel, much like Apple, does not design their products with the thrifty buyer in mind.  I am ok with that.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

12 minutes ago, Masada02 said:

Hard pass :D 

Mine is gone bud.  It was sitting in the garage way too much so I sold it.  

6 minutes ago, Shakaza said:

Well, can we at least all be stupid together? <3

Yes. Now to the ship!

12644750_676183245855613_8156146593929053508_n.jpg.9cce6af3fe0bee8101bac19dd14e8e88.jpg

Also, your sig.

Helixjack?

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

For the record I also own a Retina Macbook Pro...that I use more than my x299 machine, wear an Apple Watch, and carry a iPhone 6.

Ok?

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Yes. Now to the ship!

12644750_676183245855613_8156146593929053508_n.jpg.9cce6af3fe0bee8101bac19dd14e8e88.jpg

Also, your sig.

Helixjack?

Yarrrrr!

Also, my sig.

Nah, Tanraak.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Mine is gone bud.  It was sitting in the garage way too much so I sold it.  

That's a real bummer. I'll probably be keeping mine for a while. Maybe until the current CTS-V's come down in price a fair bit on the used market.  And even then, I have no desire to own anything else so, for now at least, I'm happy. :D 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

22 minutes ago, Masada02 said:

Hard pass :D 

Thank god. That truck has so much sentimental value to me, I really couldn't bring myself to sell it or give it away.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Masada02 said:

That's a real bummer. I'll probably be keeping mine for a while. Maybe until the current CTS-V's come down in price a fair bit on the used market.  And even then, I have no desire to own anything else so, for now at least, I'm happy. :D 

Yours is a gem for sure.  If I was driving as aggressive as I used to, I would have kept it despite its like of use.  The reality was the ridiculous amount of power it was putting down did very little for me on my drives to go pick up milk.  xD  I stopped going to the track quite some time ago so all the car did was take up space in the garage.  

2 minutes ago, Masada02 said:

Do you own a V2?  My buddy got his down to 10.60s stock blower and no NO2.  Awesome platform.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

Do you own a V2?  My buddy got his down to 10.60s stock blower and no NO2.  Awesome platform.

Nah, I've always liked them but it wasn't top on my list. I have an SS.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

Just now, Masada02 said:

Nah, I've always liked them but it wasn't top on my list. I have an SS.

Chevrolet SS?  A fellow Holden man.  I owned a heads/cam built t-56 LS1 GTO for 9 years.

5 minutes ago, TahoeDust said:

Chevrolet SS?  A fellow Holden man.  I owned a heads/cam built t-56 LS1 GTO for 9 years.

I knew there was a common bond somewhere.  lol

The car I just sold was a G8 GT (blown and cammed).  She was fast, but I lost the need for speed man.  I just stopped getting into her as much until I realized that I wasn't into it (speed) anymore.  

I'm starting to see a trend with fast cars and x299 owners?  xD

40 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

So you know its value is trash, yet you buy it anyway? 

Sounds similar to a certain four legged animal with a woolly coat. 

Not everyone's priority is price to performance, some want / need the absolute fastest thing they can get.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

1 minute ago, TahoeDust said:

Yep. One of my buddies has had 3 GTO's. I've always kind of liked them and they definitely are unique.

Just now, Masada02 said:

Yep. One of my buddies has had 3 GTO's. I've always kind of liked them and they definitely are unique.

Anything that is referred to as a goat in a positive way has to be great.  

4 minutes ago, Lays said:

Not everyone's priority is price to performance, some want / need the absolute fastest thing they can get.

According to the LTT forum, we're wrong here.

Which is funny, seeing as the company that runs this forum has done and bought things that are the exact opposite.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

I knew there was a common bond somewhere.  lol

The car I just sold was a G8 GT (blown and cammed).  She was fast, but I lost the need for speed man.  I just stopped getting into her as much until I realized that I wasn't into it (speed) anymore.  

I'm starting to see a trend with fast cars and x299 owners?

1 minute ago, Masada02 said:

Haha...too funny.  I sold mine a year ago for the same reasons as done12many2.  I spent the better part of 5 years of my free time wrenching on and tuning the LSx platform....mostly LS1 fbodys and ls1/ls2 gtos.  I was just in HPTuners looking over a tune I 7 years ago for my buddys LSx FD RX7 that is getting put back together in Colorado.

Just now, Drak3 said:

According to the LTT forum, we're wrong here.

Which is funny, seeing as the company that runs this forum has done and bought things that are the exact opposite.

For some reason people don't understand that better price to performance doesn't necessarily mean it's a better product. 

People have called me all sorts of names here, I work my ass off for the things I buy, never once have I bought the cheap option just because it was "almost as good" lol.  I buy what I want and what I think best suits my needs, regardless.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089