Searching for compatible parts r5 1500x

Get the G skill trident z series with LED(https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=F4-3200C14D-16GTZKY&N=-1&isNodeId=1) NOTE more colors available

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Avoid MSI, their Ryzen boards are not good, if you want to sync your RAM LEDs to your motherboard LEDs, get an ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and Trident Z RGBs

Idk why people think msi boards are bad for ryzen when it's well known ryzen team are working closely with msi board's engineers to release fast bios updates to optimize the chipset's ram compatibility.

Take a look the beta bios sections at msi's forum to see how fast the Bios is getting worked on

The fact that they sent linus a b350 tomahawk with ryzen sample cpu also supports this .

Take a look at the MSI's presentation at AMD’s austin Texas Home at the Best Secrets Of Ryzen tour

MSI boards are not bad and they get better reviews then asus on newegg and other sites.

check my PC build here: https://valid.x86.fr/jyjc2n

b350 tomhawk arctic h.51 bios, Corsair LPX ram running at 3200mhz

case is a 35$ Zalman Z3 plus white with a cooler master 10$ (15MIR)hyper t4 cooler

20$ EVGA 450w bt (black cables)

150$ 1060 3gb@2.1ghz

Just now, tim11111111 said:

Get the G skill trident z series with LED(https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=F4-3200C14D-16GTZKY&N=-1&isNodeId=1) NOTE more colors available

Idk why people think msi boards are bad for ryzen when it's well known ryzen team are working closely with msi board's engineers to release fast bios updates to optimize the chipset's ram compatibility.

Take a loot the beta bios sections at msi's forum to see how fast the Bios is getting worked on

The fact that they sent linus a b350 tomahawk with ryzen sample cpu also supports this .

Take a look at the MSI's presentation at AMD’s austin Texas Home at the Best Secrets Of Ryzen tour

MSI boards are not bad and they get better reviews then asus on newegg and other sites.

Its support is really bad, many random crashes and problem. (Speaking from experience)

12 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Its support is really bad, many random crashes and problem. (Speaking from experience)

Speaking from immediate experience it's not. I'm running stable at 1.375v at 3.9. (although i need 1.4 to pass the OC test for 6hr prime95) with 3200mhz on my ram.

Also i received 2 bios updates this past month. While i do dislike other MSI series boards, their am4 platform is good and it's one of the fastest manufactures to release agesa 1006 back in 5/23/2017.

Stability improved on my cpu and ram in 1 month of bios updates because of this.

People have bad experiences on other brands on the am4 platform so claiming msi is the worst is far from the truth, most people report the worst with asus.

Look here

ASUS-Prime-B350-Plus-

vs

/MSI-B350-TOMAHAWK-

case is a 35$ Zalman Z3 plus white with a cooler master 10$ (15MIR)hyper t4 cooler

150$ 1060 3gb@2.1ghz

10 minutes ago, tim11111111 said:

Take a look the beta bios sections at msi's forum to see how fast the Bios is getting worked on

Because their "optimizations" don't work. MSI had and still has the largest number of issues with their Ryzen boards 

@tom_w141 @Princess Cadence

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, tim11111111 said:

Speaking from immediate experience it's not. I'm running stable at 1.375v at 3.9. (although i need 1.4 to pass the OC test for 6hr prime95) with 3200mhz on my ram.

Also i received 2 bios updates this past month. While i do dislike other MSI series boards, their am4 platform is good and it's one of the fastest manufactures to release agesa 1006 back in 5/23/2017.

Stability improved on my cpu and ram in 1 month of bios updates because of this.

People have bad experiences on other brands on the am4 platform so claiming msi is the worst is far from the truth, most people report the worst with asus.

Look here

ASUS-Prime-B350-Plus-

vs

/MSI-B350-TOMAHAWK-

Okay jeez, chill out. 

Its just my experience (and apparently many people) with them. Motherboard ia like CPU lottery, you might get a good one or bad ones

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

MSI had and still has the largest number of issues with their Ryzen boards 

@tom_w141@Princess Cadence

Where can i find more information on this. I'm interested where you got this information.

can you post a source?

150$ 1060 3gb@2.1ghz

Just now, tim11111111 said:

Where can i find more information on this. I'm interested where you got this information.

can you post a source?

Most people on this forum who had issues getting their memory to the rated speeds were using MSI boards. And reviewers who were using MSI boards got the worst results, MSI is also using lower quality components

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, tim11111111 said:

can you post a source?

The source is us being here on daily basis seeing MSi owners complain all the time xD

In all honesty it isn't that any of us is anti-MSi I am no fan of their exaggerated gaming marketing but they do make solid stuff it is just that their software team struggled hard with their BIOS, the MSi Tomahawk is super often put in budget builds because it is among the CHEAPEST b350 boards... now you've to wonder why so cheap? If we're talking about a good looking gaming MSi board?

Perhaps because the majority of them does not exceed 2666mhz on ram frequencies and thanks to infinity fabric you're pretty much obligated to go 2933~3200mhz so its performance isn't capped.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Most people on this forum who had issues getting their memory to the rated speeds were using MSI boards. And reviewers who were using MSI boards got the worst results, MSI is also using lower quality components

Loooolllll rekt xD @tim11111111

Just kidding dude, not hard feelings yeah?

Thank you, I find this interesting and relevant. The memory part shouldn't be counted on because this review is back in the middle of april when MSI had no Agesa Updates yet.

While i never really hear people buying this mobo( mostly msi x370 carbon pro), It's good to note the the Taichi better in all those aspects.

On the lower end side with x370 and b350 Msi is still solid.

150$ 1060 3gb@2.1ghz

12 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Because their "optimizations" don't work. MSI had and still has the largest number of issues with their Ryzen boards 

@tom_w141 @Princess Cadence

Yep most issues on the forum and the sub reddit are regarding MSI boards being DOA and BIOS issues. 

5 minutes ago, tim11111111 said:

It depends, yeah they are good for the price, but if you don't really care about how the board looks an AsRock Pro4 is a much better option :D

So i should go with the asus then, has anyone had experience with this board and rgb ram, or with the msi gaming pro carbon?

12 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

So i should go with the asus then, has anyone had experience with this board and rgb ram, or with the msi gaming pro carbon?

Personally, I'd rather go with Asus

8 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

Will an 600w psu be enough(corsair cx600m)?

600w will definitely enough. Even that is overkill

1 minute ago, the_boss_NL said:

Thanks, I think my final list will be something like this

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ycCBRG

Most of the parts i already have, but the watercooler would be something to buy later on.

Wait, why did you go with GTX 970?

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Wait, why did you go with GTX 970?

I already have that one in my system

1 minute ago, the_boss_NL said:

I already have that one in my system

Oh okay... i though you were gonna buy one brand new

No i would than buy a gtx 1060 6gb or something

On 7/4/2017 at 1:47 PM, PCGuy_5960 said:

Avoid MSI, their Ryzen boards are not good, if you want to sync your RAM LEDs to your motherboard LEDs, get an ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and Trident Z RGBs

What's wrong with the MSI boards? Good thing I read this because I have the bazooka in my parts list. 

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

On 7/4/2017 at 3:26 PM, tim11111111 said:

Thank you, I find this interesting and relevant. The memory part shouldn't be counted on because this review is back in the middle of april when MSI had no Agesa Updates yet.

While i never really hear people buying this mobo( mostly msi x370 carbon pro), It's good to note the the Taichi better in all those aspects.

Wait, is MSI good or bad?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

3 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Wait, is MSI good or bad?

Its not that MSI is bad. Its just not so realiable. 

Do you know why its so cheap? Because its not the best quality in the world.... so yeah. I'd say go with either Asus or ASRock, i never had problem with them.

11 hours ago, ivan134 said:

What's wrong with the MSI boards? Good thing I read this because I have the bazooka in my parts list. 

Not very good BIOS, long post times, bad memory compatibility, lower quality components. Get an AsRock Pro4 it's much better :D