Searching for compatible parts r5 1500x

Hello, I want to upgrade to the ryzen 1500x, I like the msi b350 gaming pro carbon and I am also searching for some compatible 16gb rgb ram.

I first wanted to go for the corsair vengeance rgb 3000mhz, but i cant find any compatible rgb ram on the site of msi.

Does anyone know if it is supported, and if so will it also be compatible with the msi gaming app?

Btw. I am now using a fx 4350 and 8gb of ddr3 ram, will the upgrade be even worth the money? Can is it better to upgrade to an intel 7600?

I would like to know since i don't know really much about the new ryzen.

1. Get a Ryzen 5 1600 instead of the 1500X, it doesn't cost much more but it's way better
  2. Avoid MSI for Ryzen, get an AsRock or an ASUS board
  3. The 7600 is worse than the 1500X/1600

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

Hello, I want to upgrade to the ryzen 1500x, I like the msi b350 gaming pro carbon and I am also searching for some compatible 16gb rgb ram.

I first wanted to go for the corsair vengeance rgb 3000mhz, but i cant find any compatible rgb ram on the site of msi.

Does anyone know if it is supported, and if so will it also be compatible with the msi gaming app?

Btw. I am now using a fx 4350 and 8gb of ddr3 ram, will the upgrade be even worth the money? Can is it better to upgrade to an intel 7600?

I would like to know since i don't know really much about the new ryzen.

What do you mean by compatible? The RGB light? Or the Stick in general? 

All DDR4 stick should compatibility with motherboard that supports DDR4

Just now, Its Not Important said:

What do you mean by compatible? The RGB light? Or the Stick in general? 

All DDR4 stick should compatibility with motherboard that supports DDR4

I mean that you can sync the rgb on the mobo with the rgb on the ram.

3 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

I read that they are working togather, but i don't think Vengeance RGB can be paired with MSI Mystic 

Quoted from kitguru.com

....Better yet if the lighting could be integrated with Asus/ASRock Aura, RGB Fusion and MSI Mystic Light Sync, however we do not expect this to happen.

1 minute ago, the_boss_NL said:

Avoid MSI, their Ryzen boards are not good, if you want to sync your RAM LEDs to your motherboard LEDs, get an ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and Trident Z RGBs

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Avoid MSI, their Ryzen boards are not good, if you want to sync your RAM LEDs to your motherboard LEDs, get an ASUS Crosshair VI Hero and Trident Z RGBs

yeah i am on a bit of a budget, so will the asus rog strix also work?

8 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

I am now using a fx 4350 and 8gb of ddr3 ram, will the upgrade be even worth the money?

yes, fx cpus are junk. 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

I found this video about someon who had the vengeance rgb in the gaming app

That is why i was i bit confused

Yes they will work. It look beautiful too. 

G.Skill RGB RAM can be sync with that board through Asus Aura. (I use Crosshair VI Hero, which is pretty similar)

Just now, the_boss_NL said:

Yeah, but be careful because AURA sync can corrupt Trident Z RGBs :/ 

If you want to be on the safe side, get Vengeance RGBs instead :D

2 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

I found this video about someon who had the vengeance rgb in the gaming app

That is why i was i bit confused

You're good to go then. But i will generally avoid MSI boards.

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, but be careful because AURA sync can corrupt Trident Z RGBs :/

That problem is gone now. With Aura 1.04.43 the SPD corruption is confirmed to be solved. (From ROG Forum and Administrator Private Message)

And will a speed of 3000 mhz be enough?

Definitely. But that is the tricky part..... Ryzen is super picky with RAM chips. You need to get the Samsung B-Die version which is super expensive to reach speed beyond 3000MHz

2 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Thats good, the exact same RGB RAM as mine. But i recommend going with 1600 if you can, extra 2 cores will help you tremendously :D

Will i get the rgb ring cooler with the 1600? (I want more rgb:D)

Will i get the rgb ring cooler with the 1600? (I want more rgb:D)

Yes, all Ryzen 5 will come with that cooler(except for R5 1600X)

In this video there is told that the 1700 is the only one with the rgb ring cooler, i am a bit confused because many people say diferent things.

5 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

In this video there is told that the 1700 is the only one with the rgb ring cooler, i am a bit confused because many people say diferent things.

Oops my bad. Its actually not RGB. For that you can either go to 1700 or buy RGB cooler 

Good and kinda cheap RGB Air cooler 

1. Lepa Neollusion 

https://www.amazon.com/NEOllusion-Lighting-Cooler-Cooling-LPANL12/dp/B01MS0A6CS

2. Cyrorig H7 Quad Lumi (I use this bad boy)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF53D6676&cm_mmc=snc-unlocked-_-review-_-cryorig-_-quad-lumi

3 minutes ago, Its Not Important said:

Oops my bad. Its actually not RGB. For that you can either go to 1700 or buy RGB cooler 

Good and kinda cheap RGB Air cooler 

1. Lepa Neollusion 

https://www.amazon.com/NEOllusion-Lighting-Cooler-Cooling-LPANL12/dp/B01MS0A6CS

2. Cyrorig H7 Quad Lumi (I use this bad boy)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF53D6676&cm_mmc=snc-unlocked-_-review-_-cryorig-_-quad-lumi

I think i will then stick with my 212 evo, or with the stock cooler until i want to upgrade to a watercooler.

Just now, the_boss_NL said:

I think i will then stick with my 212 evo, or with the stock cooler until i want to upgrade to a watercooler.

Lol that's actually a better idea than pushing for RGB fans

Can the asus aura also work with addresable rgb strips(the one with the individual lighting)?

4 minutes ago, the_boss_NL said:

Can the asus aura also work with addresable rgb strips(the one with the individual lighting)?

Yes. You can use RGB strips from Cablemod, Bitfenix, or Deepcool (which i highly recommend because its amazing value compared to other RGB strips)