OnePlus 5’s Display is Inverted( they screwed up the display, now it has a Jellylike effect)

32 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Having used an Android device Im very hard pressed to find the "customization" that is widely proclaimed. 

then you either don't have an android device or you have no idea what we are talking about. 

On 01/07/2017 at 10:20 AM, patrick3027 said:

-snip-

Aw come on, the OnePlus X wasnt that bad for the price of 269€, it had an OLED display and a glass and metal build and 2014 flagship specs, even today you can barely find anything remotely close.

The ceramic 369€ variant was bad tough...

Groomlake Authority

Wait... why would having the screen upside down cause the jelly scrolling? Why isn't the same effect noticeable when scrolling in the other direction on a "normal" device?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

3 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Wait... why would having the screen upside down cause the jelly scrolling? Why isn't the same effect noticeable when scrolling in the other direction on a "normal" device?

it's because AMOLED uses pulse width modulation to control brightness and it applies voltage to part of the screen which runs like a stripe from top to bottom repetitively, this can also happen to an LCD display,

TLDR- Amoled refresh from top to bottom 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it's because AMOLED uses pulse width modulation to control brightness and it applies voltage to part of the screen which runs like a stripe from top to bottom repetitively, this can also happen to an LCD display,

TLDR- Amoled refresh from top to bottom 

Ok but... that still doesn't explain why scrolling in the opposite side on a normal display doesn't have the same effect unless I'm missing something. Also, is that the only effect it has? Seems oddly specific

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Ok but... that still doesn't explain why scrolling in the opposite side on a normal display doesn't have the same effect unless I'm missing something. Also, is that the only effect it has? Seems oddly specific

it does to a degree, software is optimized to take advantage of the hardware, defective design is what caused this issue here. 

2 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Because even if you're scrolling from bottom to top, the screen would still refresh from top to bottom.

1 minute ago, Jito463 said:

Because even if you're scrolling from bottom to top, the screen would still refresh from top to bottom.

even with that, this effect would be more noticeable with lower end panels. 

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it does to a degree, software is optimized to take advantage of the hardware, defective design is what caused this issue here. 

So technically android's display driver could be changed to make this less of an issue?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

So technically android's display driver could be changed to make this less of an issue?

yes it can, XDA has been trying to find a solution

one plus on the other hand is being one plus 

2lF48Yl.thumb.png.b048ab1037313c973d1598c8fd847b1c.png

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:50 AM, Shreyas1 said:

But if they marketed this as a feature...

that's exactly what i thought when i first saw it, Ubuntu has a wobbly windows animation when you move windows around this is pretty much the same. 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

then you either don't have an android device or you have no idea what we are talking about. 

I have an S4 and hate it with a passion, I much prefer my iPhone 4s

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

ok... personal preference than, just because you don't like it or know hot to take advantage of it, that really doesn't mean anything, you can root and make it anyway you like, custom ROMs to launchers, if you like the 4s the galaxy s4 has an easy mode. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

ok... personal preference than, just because you don't like it or know hot to take advantage of it, that really doesn't mean anything, you can root and make it anyway you like, custom ROMs to launchers, if you like the 4s the galaxy s4 has an easy mode. 

I can do that with iOS... Its called Jailbreaking

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

I can do that with iOS... Its called Jailbreaking

not the same 

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Fact samsungs and sony's are probably the easiest phones to customize, especially sony's since they give you a code to unlock the bootloader.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

not the same 

Same in the same way 95% of people wont do it and wont need it 

Spoiler

AXIOM

Same in the same way 95% of people wont do it and wont need it 

how do you know about the 95% of people think or use? 

Just now, XenosTech said:

Fact samsungs and sony's are probably the easiest phones to customize, especially sony's since they give you a code to unlock the bootloader.

I just dont like it, I do like LG's. Just I find Samsungs UI a pain in the butt to use and I find apps can be a pain to use on it compared to my iPhone 

Spoiler

AXIOM

how do you know about the 95% of people think or use? 

Think for a second, if most people barely know how to use a computer, do you think a significant amount of people are going to know how to root/jailbreak a phone? 95% was a ballpark number, but you get what I mean

Spoiler

AXIOM

I just dont like it, I do like LG's. Just I find Samsungs UI a pain in the butt to use and I find apps can be a pain to use on it compared to my iPhone 

That's kinda the point of rooting your phone and changing all of that stuff. You know you can load a stock version of android and just skip samsung's shitty custom rom if you don't like it.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

That's kinda the point of rooting your phone and changing all of that stuff. You know you can load a stock version of android and just skip samsung's shitty custom rom if you don't like it.

I mean like, I just find Android a pain, and I like the LG's because I find them comfortable to hold. I find Android super clunky and just dont like it

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

I mean like, I just find Android a pain, and I like the LG's because I find them comfortable to hold. I find Android super clunky and just dont like it

*shrugs* To each their own... Not buying anything from apple because they're expensive and the warranty is next to useless here so it's paying a ton of money to ship it back to the US to get it fix 9/10 times

4 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Think for a second, if most people barely know how to use a computer, do you think a significant amount of people are going to know how to root/jailbreak a phone? 95% was a ballpark number, but you get what I mean

this is getting off topic, my point is Android is more customizable OS, you are not the judge of "people needs", OSs are personal preference.  

Android is very dominant, Samsung doesn't represent Android. i own both nexus 6p and an i phone 7 plus, both OS are fine for most people, i personally prefer Android, but in the end of the day it really doesn't matter.  

*shrugs* To each their own... Not buying anything from apple because they're expensive and the warranty is next to useless here so it's paying a ton of money to ship it back to the US to get it fix 9/10 times

Je suis Canadien so the warranty is fine here. I just like iOS better  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ probably the only techie on the forum but w/e lol

Spoiler

AXIOM