OnePlus 5’s Display is Inverted( they screwed up the display, now it has a Jellylike effect)

2 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

*shrugs* To each their own... Not buying anything from apple because they're expensive and the warranty is next to useless here so it's paying a ton of money to ship it back to the US to get it fix 9/10 times

it will depend on the location, in my experience, Apple has the best customer service. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

Android is very dominant

I agree it is but do have to comment on this. Its because cheap phones in 3rd world countries almos exclusively run Android. In most 1st world countries they're near 50/50

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it will depend on the location, in my experience, Apple has the best customer service. 

iShops here are useless... Even if I bough one from the local carriers they still have to ship that back to the US before I can get a new phone.

10 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Je suis Canadien so the warranty is fine here. I just like iOS better  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ probably the only techie on the forum but w/e lol

I don't mind the os, I'm just not going to pat $2500 for an iphone here heck I wouldn't even pay that for the s8

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, XenosTech said:

iShops here are useless... Even if I bough one from the local carriers they still have to ship that back to the US before I can get a new phone.

I don't mind the os, I'm just not going to pat $2500 for an iphone here heck I wouldn't even pay that for the s8

Jesus, thats like triple what it is here

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Just now, Clanscorpia said:

Jesus, thats like triple what it is here

I keep forggeting to add divide by 2 to get the US price but yeah shit is hella expensive here

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

2 hours ago, XenosTech said:

"... divide by 2 to get the US price but yeah shit is hella expensive here

divide by 2... and its still, SUUUUPER expensive.

Oh? Well hello there! Notice me please!

Specs!

CPU: A AMD A10 APU

HDD: like, 1 terabyte

RAM: 2x4 gig sticks of kingston DDR3

GPU: heheh- the amd A10 APU with radeon graphics oh wow

PSU: What ever is inside this thing

MOBO: same thing as the psu

Hah. this is my laptop. spooked.

1 minute ago, Brianyu said:

divide by 2... and its still, SUUUUPER expensive.

Yup hence why I usually have to but parts on amazon or newegg and ship them here... I pretty much got lucky with my 1070 and got that for $450 USD here and I paid $350 USD for my lg v10 both of which were weeks old

Just now, XenosTech said:

Yup hence why I usually have to but parts on amazon or newegg and ship them here... I pretty much got lucky with my 1070 and got that for $450 USD here and I paid $350 USD for my lg v10 both of which were weeks old

Yea, there's no point in buying it from a local carrier ect if you can buy it online for way cheaper, then insert a sim card into it.

Specs!

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

No joke, that happened to one of our family's phones. It had some problems with getting very hot, then it did the whole bootloop thing. we sent it in for free with a paper that said G4BOOT and in a week we got a letter saying the phone had rust on the lcd, on the board, it had some kind of water damage, and that we have to pay almost double the price of the phone to get it fixed, or pay 20 dollars for them to send it back. We didnt pay them at all, and we lost a non working phone.

Specs!

1 minute ago, Brianyu said:

Yea, there's no point in buying it from a local carrier ect if you can buy it online for way cheaper, then insert a sim card into it.

lol no local carrier here carries anything outside of iphones, samsungs and BLU's. I got it off a guy on fb who wanted to get rid of it since he got the v20 and the iphone 7

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

Mine has boot looped as yet even though I've rooted and flashed it like 7 times so far

5 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

Mine has boot looped as yet even though I've rooted and flashed it like 7 times so far

hardware defect 

5 minutes ago, Brianyu said:

No joke, that happened to one of our family's phones. It had some problems with getting very hot, then it did the whole bootloop thing. we sent it in for free with a paper that said G4BOOT and in a week we got a letter saying the phone had rust on the lcd, on the board, it had some kind of water damage, and that we have to pay almost double the price of the phone to get it fixed, or pay 20 dollars for them to send it back. We didnt pay them at all, and we lost a non working phone.

yup, they are getting sued for all the BS too

hardware defect 

Well I don't intend to replace this unless they do a recall for all models of the v10 or until next year when I got to canada

too bad i dont get a cut :( lol

Specs!

On 30/06/2017 at 10:59 PM, TopWargamer said:

I'm glad that my OnePlus 5 doesn't have that issue. It's been nothing but a great experience so far.

Same here. Scrolling is buttery smooth and I don't notice any jelly effect (I would if it would look like in the video, but it doesn't do that at all). Not sure if this is an actual widespread issue, but oddly enough it seems that people on these forums who actually own one don't have that problem. On a slightly different topic, I wasn't expecting the fingerprint reader to be that good / quick, that phone is very impressive so far.

So the screen compresses/expands what's on the display while scrolling at speeds you couldn't read/see what was being displayed accurately? OH NO!!!!!

Does it make things look different while scrolling through things quickly? Yeah. Does it prevent you from actually reading/viewing what's on the display that you couldn't actually read/view due to the scrolling speed? Not that I can see based off the videos people have posted.

1 hour ago, Ti133700N said:

Same here. Scrolling is buttery smooth and I don't notice any jelly effect (I would if it would look like in the video, but it doesn't do that at all). Not sure if this is an actual widespread issue, but oddly enough it seems that people on these forums who actually own one don't have that problem. On a slightly different topic, I wasn't expecting the fingerprint reader to be that good / quick, that phone is very impressive so far.

I know. I'm like a little more than a couple weeks or something like that into owning this phone. Still super smooth even after adding all of my apps and signing into them all, etc. The 8GB of RAM helps a lot, especially since I like to have dozens of Chrome tabs open! Battery life is also surprisingly good too. But that fingerprint reader is surprisingly fast. I remember reading a review saying that it was faster than the iPhone 7's fingerprint reader, which I doubted. I tested it against my friend's iPhone 7 and damn ya, it's a lot faster.

COMIC SANS

1 minute ago, TopWargamer said:

I tested it against my friend's iPhone 7 and damn ya, it's a lot faster.

"alot" would be debatable  

11 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

"alot" would be debatable  

I remember reading a review saying that it was faster than the iPhone 7's fingerprint reader, which I doubted. I tested it against my friend's iPhone 7 and damn ya, it's a lot faster.