PS Vita VS 3DS XL (Which to pick?)

MeesterJackson

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playstation-vita-3g-wi-fi-8gb-bundle/2095647.p?id=1218308724397&skuId=2095647 3G/WiFi Vita 8GB Bundle

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-black/110540 3DS XL 

3DS XL Variant I might buy: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-and-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/112313

So the Vita has 8GB and can use 3G, The DS uses WiFi only and has 4GB. I think the Vita (It says on the box) comes with a free game download. 

The Vita could get maybe 1 or 2 games with it and a accessory kit, the DS one or two games with no kit. 

So with the Vita I get more, but Nintendo kinda has always been Handheld king...so should I maybe push the Vita off for awhile?

Neither. Handheld gaming is retarded.

That's your opinion. SOME of us love it. I've been away from it for a couple of years, I'd like to try and relive my childhood a tad thank you. :)

Depends what games you want to play. I would buy a 3DS just for Pokemon  :P

MotherboardASUS M5A97 le R2.0, CPUAMD FX-6300, Graphics CardSapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB,

PSU: Corsair CX600M, RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series, HDD1TB Seagate Barracuda, CaseCM Storm Enforcer

Go for the one with most appealing games, if both have then pick one now then the other later, dont lock yourself down unless you have no other choice but to do so.

Personaly id go 3ds xl now and the NEW vita later ones it hit europe.

I don't like the new Vita it's dumb personally, It's main features are the 1GB of onboard storage (OH BOY WE ARE SO GREATFUL SONY) and the bigger battery life. HOWEVER They failed to mention the battery life is generally extended because they put a worse screen on it. It's LCD instead of OLED which made colors pop and was a really great screen from reviews. 

Depends what games you want to play. I would buy a 3DS just for Pokemon  :P

You sir are epic just for that. xD

Depends on the games. I would grab the 3ds for pokemon and the attack on titan video game

WAIT. There's a AOT video game coming out for the DS!?

At the moment right now, The 3DS to me is so much more appealing. It's got great games that I would play on the go if I had one.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

At the moment right now, The 3DS to me is so much more appealing. It's got great games that I would play on the go if I had one.

3DS had great games and always has been reliable, but the reason the Vita competes is because the Vita has A LOT of great features, with some good games here and there. 

Wow, damn. The Vita really made a comeback while I was gone. 3DS was at 5 votes when I first made the post, and the Vita had two. Now the Vita has 6 votes to the DS's 5...hmm that really makes things difficult. ^^"

I would seriously go with the one that has games of interest to you. No point buying a console that has no games you want on it. I bought a 3ds for pokemon and Zelda: A link between worlds. 

I would seriously go with the one that has games of interest to you. No point buying a console that has no games you want on it. I bought a 3ds for pokemon and Zelda: A link between worlds. 

I love them both, that's why it's a hard decision and why I'm asking for opinions and personal preferences. 

3DS XL... I want to play Pokémon! :D

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

I love them both, that's why it's a hard decision and why I'm asking for opinions and personal preferences. 

If you love the game library of both, get the Vita.

The 3DS has a disgusting screen. The 1st Gen Vita has an amazing screen. The Vita is also somewhat more comfortable to hold, and the dual analog sticks are simply brilliant.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The quality of the VITA is awesome. Go for it.

Compatible with Windows 95

I'm getting a 3DS XL this week. Games I'll be looking out for are Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Pokemon Y, Animal Crossing New Leaf, the next Super Smash Bros, and more.

A game console is only as good as its games, and I think the 3DS's library blows the Vita's out of the water.

Personally I would go with the 3DS because I love Nintendo's first party library. Also the 3ds holds some of the best games in the Nintendo series.

If they both had the same games I would go for the Vita, but there are much more great games for 3ds, specially Zelda and Pokemon, I haven't heard about any for the vita. There is no reason to have a better console but no games to play 

3DS had great games and always has been reliable, but the reason the Vita competes is because the Vita has A LOT of great features, with some good games here and there. 

Well if you think that then you've already answered your question. Content is king, go for the 3DS. If you want features by a smartphone. If you want to play games buy the one with more games you want. Simple.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing