Can I Pair a 1080p 60hz with 1440p 144hz Display?

amd133mhz

I replaced my dual 27in IPS 60hz 1080p monitors with a single 27 TN 1440p 144hz gsync (the dell). Great monitor. Love it. I really miss having 2 though

I used the second one for hardware monitoring, Netflix while gaming, YT while gaming, multi chrome browsing. Now that I am down to a single display it took a minute to get used to it. I have been using my phone and sometime laptop as the "second" display tossing on the background video or what have you.

My question is:

I want a second display but...can I mix and match resolutions refresh rates and 'under the hood tech' features with no issues in windows 10 with a GTX 980?

I can not afford a second monitor of this exact same type nor would I want one for what it would be doing. I really just need a decent quality 1080p 60hz display but in the past I had run into issues running mis matching refresh rates before.

Thanks!

yeah, you shouldn't have a problem with that. The only time when mixing resolutions and refresh rates won't work is when you are trying to do a surround setup

Yeah definitely possible. Just hook em up.
Got my 4k 30hz tv running next to a full hd 1080p one right now.

I only have some little issues when my 3rd 4:3 monitor comes into play but that's probably a SLI thing; only occurs when turning on my TV and turning off my monitors.

No issues. Do make sure to check the display settings so that you set them to how they're arranged since Windows doesn't see monitor size, but pixel count i.e. 1440 looks bigger than a 1080 when they're both 22". 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Yep, you can use different resolution monitors together.

When I had the room for all my monitors, I had a 30 inch 1600P, a 19 inch 1080P TV, and 24 inch 1200P all hooked up to one computer.  This was on W7, so W10  should have no problems at all.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

8 hours ago, amd133mhz said:

I replaced my dual 27in IPS 60hz 1080p monitors with a single 27 TN 1440p 144hz gsync (the dell). Great monitor. Love it. I really miss having 2 though

I used the second one for hardware monitoring, Netflix while gaming, YT while gaming, multi chrome browsing. Now that I am down to a single display it took a minute to get used to it. I have been using my phone and sometime laptop as the "second" display tossing on the background video or what have you.

My question is:

I want a second display but...can I mix and match resolutions refresh rates and 'under the hood tech' features with no issues in windows 10 with a GTX 980?

I can not afford a second monitor of this exact same type nor would I want one for what it would be doing. I really just need a decent quality 1080p 60hz display but in the past I had run into issues running mis matching refresh rates before.

Thanks!

Getting that Dell tomorrow and was wondering the same thing. Thanks for reading my mind. Now get out of my head!