Port forwarding issues

ports need to be forwarded through your routers firewall and your pc's, not used Xfinity before but this could well be your issue

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

Just now, Jekub said:

ports need to be forwarded through your routers firewall and your pc's, not used Xfinity before but this could well be your issue

how do I fix that?

Just joined, however I do have this firmware of XFinity Routers. Can you show the command below reply on the machine?

IPCONFIG /ALL

1 minute ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

how do I fix that?

What machine are you running the server on?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

Just now, Jekub said:

What machine are you running the server on?

a home PC connected to Ethernet to my modem.

Just now, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

a home PC connected to Ethernet to my modem.

Assuming its a windows PC you'll need to create a rule in windows firewall allowing port 25565. 

Just now, Jekub said:

Assuming its a windows PC you'll need to create a rule in windows firewall allowing port 25565. 

yup its windows and how do i make that rule?

1 minute ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

yup its windows and how do i make that rule?

search windows firewall, click add rule, this opens a wizard type thing and its all pretty self-explanatory 

1 minute ago, xCykrix said:

You kind of covered what was important... those are local settings. Only applicable to your network.

well I'm afraid of getting  ddosed if you could just tell me which rows i need i can put the info where you tell me

2 minutes ago, Jekub said:

search windows firewall, click add rule, this opens a wizard type thing and its all pretty self-explanatory 

where is the add rule button

well I'm afraid of getting  ddosed if you could just tell me which rows i need i can put the info where you tell me

None of the info in there can be used to find your real IP. However mainly I was looking for the IPv4 Address of the Ethernet connection. Also remove Hamachi if possible because it does not bode well on hosting systems as far as I am aware of.

3 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall click advanced settings, click inbound rules on the left, then click new rule on the right

4 minutes ago, xCykrix said:

None of the info in there can be used to find your real IP. However mainly I was looking for the IPv4 Address of the Ethernet connection. Also remove Hamachi if possible because it does not bode well on hosting systems as far as I am aware of.

-removed-

Alright, your port forwarding router side is correct then. Open "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" and select "Inbound Rules" 

New Rule

Select Port

TCP - 25565

Allow the Connection

Leave everything checked

Give it a name and description.

1 minute ago, xCykrix said:

Alright, your port forwarding router side is correct then. Open "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" and select "Inbound Rules" 

New Rule

Select Port

TCP - 25565

Allow the Connection

Leave everything checked

Give it a name and description.

then do I just give them my public IP and that should allow them to connect to my server? (Minecraft)

then do I just give them my public IP and that should allow them to connect to my server?

If the server is online and port 25565 shows open, then yes. They should be able to connect pending the versions are correct.

then do I just give them my public IP and that should allow them to connect to my server?

yep, if you ever change the port then it will be your public ip : port number e.g. 8.8.8.8:25566

2 minutes ago, xCykrix said:

If the server is online and port 25565 shows open, then yes. They should be able to connect pending the versions are correct.

yep, if you ever change the port then it will be your public ip : port number e.g. 8.8.8.8:25566

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ this site says its still closed

14 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ this site says its still closed

Alright. Open the "Windows Firewall with Advanced Settings" and delete anything that says "JAVA" in the title (such as "Java (SE)" ones especially) and your minecraft one. Then recreate the minecraft one. Type "stop" in the server and relaunch it. (All of this is under Inbound Rules)

8 minutes ago, xCykrix said:

Alright. Open the "Windows Firewall with Advanced Settings" and delete anything that says "JAVA" in the title (such as "Java (SE)" ones especially) and your minecraft one. Then recreate the minecraft one. Type "stop" in the server and relaunch it.

theres no java rules, but i did delete the minecraft one

3 minutes ago, Cookiecrumbles222 said:

theres no java rules, but i did delete the minecraft one

Alright. Try closing the server (with "stop") and recreating the rule under Inbound Rules. Then starting the server and checking. Also worth noting since I forgot about this. But what level firewall is your Xfinity router set on? (Though I don't think it matters with port forwarding rules).