Will an AIO cooler help me OC my 1070 further?

Gerr

I currently have an Asus Strix 1070 OC that I have and OC of +50 on the core & +950 on the memory.  If I go any higher on the core, I get random game crashes.  If I go any higher on the memory, I get artificating.  Currently, my temps max out in the mid-70's and average in the upper-60's, all at 60% fan speed.  The boost clock bounces between 2050 & 2025 most of the time with 2038 being the most common speed.

I saw that NZXT released a new version of their G10 AIO adapter, the G12, and it appears to be compatible with my GPU.  I have a spare AIO, a Corsair H75.  I was thinking of picking up the G12, some VRM heatsinks, and setting up my 1070 for AIO cooling.

My question is will switching the stock cooler to an AIO allow me to increase my OC by more than a minor amount?  I know it will make the card run cooler, but it's not running that hot with the stock cooler and it would be a waste of time & money if it won't let me increase my OC.

Barely, maybe extra 30MHz with less dips to lower clocks, not worth it.

No, just setup a custom fan curve and you're absolutely fine.

As above, not really worth it. All GP104 cores OC to the same ceiling more or less. Unless you want less noise and lower temps, pretty pointless.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

i had this same inquiry a few months ago. so I bought an AIO for my EVGA 1070 SC. here's what i concluded:

temperatures were, obviously, much lower with an AIO than with the AIB air cooler. because of how GPU boost 3.0 works, this allowed the boost clocks to be sustained for a much longer period of time. however, it did not result in larger overclocking headroom. in fact i could not overclock it any higher than the highest overclocks i could achieve on the AIB air shroud. but i expected this, and only bought an AIO to see how temperatures could affect my overclocks. and it did, sort of. 

but then again, the 1070 strix has a custom PCB which is better built for heavier overclocks than my card, so you may see slightly better returns. just bear in mind that how Pascal works kinda prevents increased headroom with an AIO 

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

increased headroom with an AIO 

This assumes that the temperature was the limiting factor of the overclock, now a days its far more likely to be the silicon or the power delivery.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

In the Asus OC tool, I do have the voltage bumped up 100%.

36 minutes ago, Gerr said:

In the Asus OC tool, I do have the voltage bumped up 100%.

what's holding you back? clock or heat?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

I would presume clock and heat seems to be managed, but was asking to make sure.