Custom water cool kit for all of your rig, GPU included

Misanthrope

EK showcases their new Fluid Gaming series of custom water cooling kits

So it seems like EK is taking a break from their Expandable AIO solution and are pushing this instead: A custom water loop-in-a-box kit except that they now include one that has a 240 Kit and a single GPU waterblock which should be enough for say a Ryzen + 1080ti rig, probably a 7700k too if you don't push your overclock too high

Below are the three kits that are available, all of which come with EK Vardar fans, tubing, compression fittings and fluid.

A120 - Price $150, 120mm radiator and CPU block
A240 - Price $150, 240mm radiator and CPU block  
A240G - Price $240, A240 kit plus an EK-AC Geforce GTX Pascal Water Block

This is not to say however that you won't find some cost-saving measures:

The pricing of this new kit does not come without compromises, with several reports claiming that these kits will use aluminium water blocks and radiators instead of copper, which could cause some material incompatibility of additional parts/metals are introduced into a water cooling loop.

Aluminium is also less conductive than copper, so this kit will not provide the same performance as its higher end copper based counterpart. 

Honestly I think that this kid is a bit of an oddball: If you're trying a custom loop yourself you can probably afford something with at least a 360 and full copper parts but that isn't to say that this kid isn't expandable since you do get a decent pump that could probably handle another rad without issue in case you find your single 240 rad not giving you 4.2 on Rzyen or 5.0 on 7700k

Here's the source: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/ek_showcases_their_new_fluid_gaming_series_of_custom_water_cooling_kits/1

EDIT: More info at EK's own website:

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/ek-kit-a240g

Also more pics for your viewing pleasure

Spoiler

a240g_clear_0001.png

a240g_box.png

pvb_fittings.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------

I wouldn't say its an odd ball, its a pretty good idea honestly. Helps people who want a custom loop, but don't know what they'd need, how much they'd need etc. get started off.

And compared to their custom loop configurator prices, quite cheap.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

I wouldn't say its an odd ball, its a pretty good idea honestly. Helps people who want a custom loop, but don't know what they'd need, how much they'd need etc. get started off.

And compared to their custom loop configurator prices, quite cheap.

Well the price point is what I meant: Yes it is cheap but aluminum instead of copper for something that it's supposed to be really high end yet is not nearly as simple as their previous expandable AIO concept at similar prices.

But yeah if they're going this way I'm sure their market studies show this would work

-------

Current Rig

-------

They need to go ahead and partner with some case manufacturers to produce cases with good built in solutions at a decent price.

Fractal sounds like a good choice.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just saw this direct from EKWB themselves. Note they already do custom loop kits. The intent of this new one seems to be to bring custom loop down in price to compare against high end AIOs.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

This is a move in the right direction imo, a large barrier to the consumer is knowing what you need (they tackled this somewhat with their cool online configurator) and cost which is what this kit addresses.

My question is though do you think this is enough to cool a CPU and a 1080 for example on 1 240 Rad?

Also the GPU block part of the kit would only be for reference PCBs right? It won't be compatible with a 1080 Ti Strix for example?

EDIT: Personally I've used 2 240's one for GPU and 1 for CPU in the past.

27 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

So it seems like EK is taking a break from their Expandable AIO solution and are pushing this instead:

One of the EK reps on this forums told me that the V2 of the AIO was delayed until fall.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Its poor product imo because 1080 only gpu block, you cant use on other gpu later for easy swap in graphics card, when will they start to actually innovate and make a proper kit that has waterblock for both intel/amd cpu's, and GPU waterblock that can fit any gpu, why cant they innovate and come up with a mounting solution for universal GPU waterblock(not full card block just for gpu die), high MTFB integrated pump on CPU block and a decent thick 240mm copper radiator, and 2 decent static pressure fans, AIO for GPU+CPU thats cost effective.

Paying 100$+ just for gpu waterblock is stupid, a decent AIO is about 100$ add an universal gpu die waterblock 30-40$ and they can sell  a gpu+cpu AIO for ~150$.

I wish id know shit about engineering and business id make my own company to sell cooling solutions.

3 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Its poor product imo because 1080 only gpu block, you cant use on other gpu later for easy swap in graphics card, when will they start to actually innovate and make a proper kit that has waterblock for both intel/amd cpu's, and GPU waterblock that can fit any gpu, why cant they innovate and come up with a mounting solution for universal GPU waterblock(not full card block just for gpu die), -snips

Paying 100$+ just for gpu waterblock is stupid, a decent AIO is about 100$ add an universal gpu die waterblock 30-40$ and they can sell  a gpu+cpu AIO for ~150$.

I wish id know shit about engineering and business id make my own company to sell cooling solutions.

There will never be a universal gpu block, ever. Between all the different die sizes and mounting points its just not possible without making the card some 3 slot monster, which no one would buy.

100$ for a gpu block is an average price. ive paid more for my Fury X's block. 

There will never be a universal gpu block, especially no at 40$, Mounting solutions alone would make it a high cost item.

If you did know anything about engineering you'd know how ridiculous your comment is. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

7 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

There will never be a universal gpu block, ever. Between all the different die sizes and mounting points its just not possible without making the card some 3 slot monster, which no one would buy.

100$ for a gpu block is an average price. ive paid more for my Fury X's block. 

There will never be a universal gpu block, especially no at 40$, Mounting solutions alone would make it a high cost item.

If you did know anything about engineering you'd know how ridiculous your comment is. 

What is this?

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/water-blocks/vga-blocks/universal-vga-waterblocks

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Its a block for Nvidia only on reference cards that used the same size die and same mounting points. 

Universal between manufacturuers, AIBs, and latest gen series, it is not.

6 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

A non universal gpu waterblock that's marketed as a universal gpu waterblock.

It's only ready for use with nvidia 900, 700, 600 series. Other cards require mounting kits, other cards are not supported whatsoever.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Its a block for Nvidia only on reference cards that used the same size die and same mounting points. 

Universal between manufacturuers, AIBs, and latest gen series, it is not.

This block fits basically every GPU in the past few years

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vga-supremacy-nickel

I don't think it is smart to use becasue of no VRM or RAM cooling.

27 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Its poor product imo because 1080 only gpu block, you cant use on other gpu later for easy swap in graphics card, when will they start to actually innovate and make a proper kit that has waterblock for both intel/amd cpu's, and GPU waterblock that can fit any gpu, why cant they innovate and come up with a mounting solution for universal GPU waterblock(not full card block just for gpu die), high MTFB integrated pump on CPU block and a decent thick 240mm copper radiator, and 2 decent static pressure fans, AIO for GPU+CPU thats cost effective.

In all fairness it's not just for the 1080 but all founders and founders PCBs so it covers Titan X Pee, 1080ti down to the 1070 Founders plus some models like the first EVGA ones that were unchanged PCB design with their custom cooler on it.

Also in regards of this we just say AMD delay Vega for gamers again and we say them using 2 of them to barely outpace a single 1080ti which means they will perform at 1080 levels at most so basically AMD has no real answer for enthusiast grade gpus and won't for at least another year. Sorry this market is basically Nvidia only imho.

-------

Current Rig

-------

14 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

This block fits basically every GPU in the past few years

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-vga-supremacy-nickel

I don't think it is smart to use becasue of no VRM or RAM cooling.

Compatibility is limited because all it has is 4 elongated screw holes. The compatible list I'm going to assume is incomplete? As there are only 3 cards. And it says that they are visually compatible, which means maybe itll work.

Also, as you say no VRM cooling which is pretty much a no go an nearly every card.

Isn't this not custom by the very definition of the word?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, yian88 said:

Stop making demands when you don't know what you're talking about. It is literally impossible for anyone to make a universal full cover block. Video cards are laid out differently, holes are in different spots, VRM and other components get moved around, etc. Even just supporting stock versions of cards makes it impossible to do universal blocks as Nvidia and AMD cards have radically different layouts. It is a lot easier with CPUs since you just design for a bigger socket and including different mounting hardware for each supported socket. Threadripper might throw a massive kink into that idea though due to how freaking huge the socket is, but we'll see. With a CPU block you are just cooling the CPU itself, unlike a full cover video card block. More than just the GPU itself gets extremely hot on a video card and not properly cooling the VRMs would be incredibly dumb. Even the simple AIO video card brackets only support a very limited number of cards, and stock PCBs only. You are asking for something that is simply not possible.

A lot of the cost of waterblocks is R&D along with it being a fairly small market. Making a waterblock is expensive and when there isn't a huge market you have to pay a premium so the manufacturer can make a profit and stay in business. Its a good thing you aren't an engineer and don't have a business because you would fail before your first product made it to market.

240 rad is not enough for a high-end system like this, IMO. Should be at least a 360 or 240 + 120. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

240 rad is not enough for a high-end system like this, IMO. Should be at least a 360 or 240 + 120. 

a 240 rad is enough to cool a CPU and GPU with a slight OC on it. I had a 4770k and 290x on a 240 rad and never had issue with temps on my 290x. (4770k needed a delid to run not HOT AF)

also this is a budget kit, if they want high OC or very optimised loop they should custom build it.

just remember the 295x2 had 1 120mm rad to cool 2 290x's and that never had any issues.

5 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Also it's a 240 aluminum rad and blocks to boot.

I think this could help someone on an ITX case that could fit only a 240 like the Define Nano for example but that's just to keep normal temps without any overclocks.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I think this could help someone on an ITX case that could fit only a 240 like the Define Nano for example but that's just to keep normal temps without any overclocks.

The recommendation for watercooling is a 120mm radiator per component, so CPU and GPU would be 240. That includes aluminum radiators. Aluminum isn't THAT big of a deal. Most likely you're talking about a difference of under 5 degrees and it will still kick the shit out of every single AIO out there.

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Isn't this not custom by the very definition of the word?

You have customisation in the install by deciding where the tubing goes and deciding the length. Compare to an AIO where you just have to stuff it in somehow.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

6 minutes ago, Derangel said:

The recommendation for watercooling is a 120mm radiator per component, so CPU and GPU would be 240.

That's JayzTwoCents' recommendation, and it's 120mm of rad space per component at stock. If you want to overclock, he recommends adding another 120mm of rad space per component overclocked. 240mm isn't enough to OC the CPU and GPU.

9 minutes ago, Derangel said:

That includes aluminum radiators. Aluminum isn't THAT big of a deal. Most likely you're talking about a difference of under 5 degrees and it will still kick the shit out of every single AIO out there.

We don't care about the cooling delta. We care about aluminum corroding faster than higher quality copper counterparts.

And the only time a custom loop is better than an AiO, is when the radiator is bigger. It either has to be thicker, or there has to be more rad space.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

16 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

a 240 rad is enough to cool a CPU and GPU with a slight OC on it. I had a 4770k and 290x on a 240 rad and never had issue with temps on my 290x. (4770k needed a delid to run not HOT AF)

also this is a budget kit, if they want high OC or very optimised loop they should custom build it.

just remember the 295x2 had 1 120mm rad to cool 2 290x's and that never had any issues.

15 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

True. And I supposed it's a decent starter kit. Can always expand it later on if you want to push the OC on your CPU and GPU. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

It's quite nice. Would be great if you can just get AiO for GPU easily in general. But yeah they all differ by physical proportions so.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |