US Supreme Court rules in case of Lexmark refurbished ink cartridges

22 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

Have people forgotten laser printers exist?

Canon PIXMA MG3620 AIO Inkjet Printer: $45

Canon PG-240 Black Ink Cart: $19 for 300 pages approx.

Brother HL-L2380DW Laser Printer: $100

Brother TN630 Toner Cart: $30 for 1200 pages approx.

Brother TN660 High Yield Toner Cart: $46 for 2600 pages approx.

"Waste" your money on a laser printer, instead of having to repeatedly waste money buying into the inkjet scam.

EDIT: Even color laser printers are still cheaper in the long run than inkjet. Seriously, don't get an inkjet.

I have a laser printer, I bought primarily for making circuit boards, but now I use it for everything except photos and color prints.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, Delicieuxz said:

Unfortunately, in this case, there are also exceptions to the rule: Supreme Court Rules 8-0 for Police in Major Fourth Amendment Case

after reading through the opinion i think the SCOTUS made the correct legal decision.

Their ruling is that using excessive force after violating the 4th amendment isn't also a violation of the 4th amendment, but instead a separate legal claim by itself.  So at issue isn't one big 4th amendment violation, instead its a 4th amendment violation as well as an excessive force claim.  

They did note that even if the plaintiffs lose on their 4th amendment violation case; that should not affect their ability to still sue for excessive force.  

With all that said i think what the detectives did was 100% in the wrong.  I have major issues with unlawful entry, and no knock raids.  

23 hours ago, ChineseChef said:

The other issue of Ink vs Laser is usually frequency of use and longevity.  Ink dries up way faster than toner goes bad.  If you are a home user, and print a few pages every other month, that ink will dry up and be useless before you get half way through your cartridge.  But the toner will last way longer with similar infrequent usage.  So, in the long run, laser will likely save you money and produce more consistent quality over its lifetime.

I was given a free laser printer with a brand new toner cartridge in it (the customer jammed it in at an angle, and rather than have me fix it, just gave it to me as payment for other services I performed).  That was in 2009 or 2010, I can't recall which for sure.  I still have that same laser printer - with that exact same toner cartridge - 7+ years later.

I love laser.